• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek 5740 clone movement

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Very cool but pity it will be a lightweight steel case instead of proper WG. I wonder if precious metal is possible at that crazy price point.
If they can CNC the case they can CNC WG.

Btw 7k is just for movement alone. So I'm guessing a full build is at min 20k if you want a WG case, probably 11-12k for a steel case

7k for movement
11k for WG case
2-3k for rep dial, moonphase, hands, crystal, etc

Reactions: LeBron

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22

Btw 7k is just for movement alone. So I'm guessing a full build is at min 20k if you want a WG case, probably 11-12k for a steel case

7k for movement
11k for WG case
Sign me up for three.

KGZ

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/22
7k for movement
11k for WG case
That’s around 13% of retail and 6 to 10% of secondary prices for what could be a very close to gen rep.

That’s not too bad when you think that there are quite a few that are willing to pay 5-7k on a full gold Daytona case when the price of the gen is nowhere close to that of a gen 5740.

There is definitely a market for such a watch.

Reaps

25/9/22
That’s around 13% of retail and 6 to 10% of secondary prices for what could be a very close to gen rep.

That’s not too bad when you think that there are quite a few that are willing to pay 5-7k on a full gold Daytona case when the price of the gen is nowhere close to that of a gen 5740.

There is definitely a market for such a watch.
No doubt. The rise of 5712 and custom RMs have shown that there is a very small market for the whales that can afford this kind of build.

For me, I'm poor so 20k for a replica is 🤕🤧🥴🙈

KGZ

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/22
20k for a rep..... I'd spend that money and get something gen.
The rep/gen cutout price varies from one person to another. I am sure that you will find a few that would say the same thing about spending 2-3K on a rep and yet you see them selling rather quick and easy on the CWC. Heck, I am pretty sure that 10 years ago a lot would have said the same thing about spending 1k on a rep and yet no one bats an eye at the price of the new Clean Daytona.

The persons that would be willing to spend 20K on that rep are the ones that could easily afford the gen but would rather get this at a fraction of the cost. And there are quite a few of those even here on RWI.

Last edited:

Db9s

Getting To Know The Place
12/5/23
Canada
But Clean Daytona isn't $1000, its far far lower from non TD dealers.

Also I don't like how people arbitrarily are adding $2000 for a CNC steel case. Its more like under $200. Stuff generally gets cheaper no matter what Patek and high-end/custom modders try to tell you. If 3kf or PPF did not exist, you'd be paying way higher and a percentage of the retail price for a rep from these modders versus what it actually costs.

Stop saying well its X% of a retail Patek so it must be worth it. Its not. Patek is overpriced for what it is and so are these high-end modders who try to justify their pricing.

People are making these super-reps to make money. And its not always ethical. It is most likely hitting the gen market at retail prices for unwary customers. 2 months ago I would likely pay grey market pricing for a 5740 (if I had the cash).

But now I totally would not buy a 5740 from a grey dealer considering there is already a white gold rep in existence. But most people are unaware of this and grey dealers would sell these reps as real for insane profit margins. It is really getting scary out there.

But I am always stick to the view that reps and piracy would not exist if the product was priced correctly. But I am a minority.

Reaps

25/9/22

Also I don't like how people arbitrarily are adding $2000 for a CNC steel case. Its more like under $200. Stuff generally gets cheaper no matter what Patek and high-end/custom modders try to tell you. If 3kf or PPF did not exist, you'd be paying way higher and a percentage of the retail price for a rep from these modders versus what it actually costs.

Stop saying well its X% of a retail Patek so it must be worth it. Its not. Patek is overpriced for what it is and so are these high-end modders who try to justify their pricing.

People are making these super-reps to make money. And its not always ethical. It is most likely hitting the gen market at retail prices for unwary customers. 2 months ago I would likely pay grey market pricing for a 5740 (if I had the cash).

But now I totally would not buy a 5740 from a grey dealer considering there is already a white gold rep in existence. But most people are unaware of this and grey dealers would sell these reps as real for insane profit margins. It is really getting scary out there.

But I am always stick to the view that reps and piracy would not exist if the product was priced correctly. But I am a minority.
Coming from a manufacturing background, I agree with you that CNC cases pure cost wise is 200 bucks material wise and labor wise if the volume is good.

But you know, to make a original 1:1 CNC case takes alot of research and effort, and often times they have to invest in buying the real. Combine with having to keep tolerances for watch making and other such issues, I'm not justifying a 2k case, it's probably like 500 bucks, but nothing in the world is free.

If we don't like it we can laser scan our own gen cases

Generating M Code and creating a jig for cases is not expensive but the

KGZ

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/22
I know! I was just giving an example of how much we as a community are willing to pay today for a rep. Most of us buy from TDs so the price of non TDs is irrelevant to this discussion.

People are making these super-reps to make money.
Really? Are you sure??? I always thought that they made them out of the kindness of their heart and only to make us happy. Shit, I am so disillusioned now... You mean that the stuff they are saying about free market and supply/demand is true?? Please don't also tell me that Santa does not exist! I heard it a few days ago and I just couldn't believe it!

And its not always ethical. It is most likely hitting the gen market at retail prices for unwary customers. 2 months ago I would likely pay grey market pricing for a 5740 (if I had the cash).

Newsflash mate, this has happened before super-reps of this kind and will happen again long after. My personal opinion is that if you are dumb enough to buy a 6 figures (or any figure high end watch for that matter) without doing your proper due diligence on it, then you deserve to be fleeced up to your last dollar.

For some brands like Rolex, AP and PP, it's not a matter of price but rather a matter of availability. The latter is just the consequence of the first. There would certainly be less reps and piracy on these brands if the product was more available at ADs. It is because the product is so difficult to get at retail that prices are driven up to crazy levels on the secondary market. But you know what is the root of all that?? Demand! There is much more demand than supply.

We are quick to jump at Rolex for the prices of their watches but when you think about it, I find their business practices to be pretty fair and honorable all things considered. Rolex could easily jack up their prices on a lot of their models and would not be able to meet the demand. When you consider that, you realize that they have been quite conservative in their pricing policy and their handling of the situation. Rather than jacking up the prices until market equilibrium is reached, they have invested in new production facilities to increase supply (well they have raised their prices also but not nearly as much as they could have).

Also, they have really cracked down on ADs that have too many of their pieces ending up on the secondary market. I know the owner of one the ADs here and he told me that they are extremely careful on some of the models like the Daytona or the Submariner because their biggest fear is that the person they are selling to will flip it and Rolex will find out. That would create a proverbial shit storm for them.

But hey all that is created by the capitalist system. You may hate it but it's the best we have found so far. Like Sir Winston Churchill said about democracy, it's the worst system except for all others.

On a funny note, I find it hilarious that the economy that benefits the most from piracy and counterfeiting (that are mostly driven by inflated market prices) labels itself as communist. Kind of the modern version of communism aiming at distributing wealth appearances more equally in our societies that are now dominated by social media.

Reactions: LeBron and Reaps

solexz

Known Member
22/7/22
USA
Was speaking to my friend again, this is all still hearsay until an actual release. But he works closely with HillBilly (so again take this with a grain of salt). But he's under the impression and getting info that apparently this release will be a full WG CNC case. He said minimum for this build will be likely closer to 30k USD, just due in most part to the current gold prices and the custom dial, hands, moonphase along with the ACE/VSV 240 cal movement.

Again all hearsay until an ACTUAL release. I really hope this isn't the case but he's pretty confident in the information hes getting from China

KGZ

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/22
Yeah they’re chasing whales but isn’t that a Japanese thing?

Db9s

12/5/23
Canada
I am just curious did the 5712 have this type of hype and rumor mill before its release? Did dealers quote $7600 for the movement alone before the entire watch was selling for $600 to $700 ?

The 5712 clone had only one caliber for only one model/watch

5740 clone will unlock 20 models. All of them are good looking. Even the most recreational buyer would buy 3. The market for this clone movement is insane. If there needed to be 1 perpetual calendar model, this would be it. The release would be like the clone Rolex 4130 daytona movement. It literally unleased an entire category (also because Rolex has every possible Daytona look for everyone to atleast like 1 or 2)

solexz

Known Member
22/7/22
USA
I am just curious did the 5712 have this type of hype and rumor mill before its release? Did dealers quote $7600 for the movement alone before the entire watch was selling for $600 to $700 ?

The 5712 clone had only one caliber for only one model/watch

5740 clone will unlock 20 models. All of them are good looking. Even the most recreational buyer would buy 3. The market for this clone movement is insane. If there needed to be 1 perpetual calendar model, this would be it. The release would be like the clone Rolex 4130 daytona movement. It literally unleased an entire category (also because Rolex has every possible Daytona look for everyone to atleast like 1 or 2)
The hype for the V2 240 clone sort of exploded since it was kind of a silent release, I dont remember there being many if any rumors of one around the time the v1 modified miyota released. Id say the 5740 is still just a rumor and hasn't hit explosive popularity. With the rumors of it already being a 20k usd+ rep, many have no use getting hyped for it

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
The rep/gen cutout price varies from one person to another. I am sure that you will find a few that would say the same thing about spending 2-3K on a rep and yet you see them selling rather quick and easy on the CWC. Heck, I am pretty sure that 10 years ago a lot would have said the same thing about spending 1k on a rep and yet no one bats an eye at the price of the new Clean Daytona.

The persons that would be willing to spend 20K on that rep are the ones that could easily afford the gen but would rather get this at a fraction of the cost. And there are quite a few of those even here on RWI.
Right, it varies person to person and every one has their own standards.

I still balk at the price of clean Daytonas but I'd rather pay full price retail for a gen.
Hence I don't buy much reps or at all, I think most are overpriced even if it's 1/10 of a gen price.

moneybbq

Patron
Certified
15/8/22

7k for movement
11k for WG case
For that much spending on movement and case, better get a gen dial. :ROFLMAO:

Prizon

👑
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
20k for a rep..... I'd spend that money and get something gen.

to each their own.

I rather build and own a CNC 18k AP / Patek, RM vs having a mass produced steel Rolex that everyone has. IMO.

Some feel that just because a watch is " gen " = a better watch, with more value & better resale. Far from the truth, go buy a gen today at least from the grey market and try to sell it. You will see how much value it actually has. I have lost more money on "gens" vs custom pieces to be honest.

Speaking purely from experience.

Last edited:

Db9s

12/5/23
Canada
to each their own.

I rather build and own a CNC 18k AP / Patek, RM vs having a mass produced steel Rolex that everyone has. IMO.

Some feel that just because a watch is " gen " = a better watch, with more value & better resale. Far from the truth, go buy a gen today at least from the grey market and try to sell it. You will see how much value it actually has. I have lost more money on "gens" vs custom pieces to be honest.

I think you’d be much worse off trying to offload a $20k rep. Might get lowballed. No easy servicing. Limited buyers.

Set up your own watch shop. That $20k rep will sell for double. 😆. That’s the business model for these. They exist for this purpose only. Let’s not kid ourselves.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
to each their own.

about how much is a CNC gold or platinum 5711 usually? And where do you do this type of custom order?

And how much for the other parts like dial, movemement, hands etc

twixt

17/3/16
My hopes just vanished once i saw the price tag of movement only :(
Was expecting something in the $1500-3000 range like the last modded nautilus

Reactions: Levko and LeBron