• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek 5740 clone movement

Db9s

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/23
Canada
From popup. Gen vs. rep:

for some reason he quotes it as an "ACE" manufactured caliber. This give me some hope that is mass produced.

This is not like the Vaucher RM clone, which doesn't have a factory attached -please correct me if I am wrong as I absolutely do not care for RM. I only care about the clone rep process.

"ACE" is important because it is also an "ACE" manufactured caliber in the clone 5712, which is mass produced. Gives me hope that this will also be a big/regular production run.

Db9s

12/5/23
Canada
for some reason he quotes it as an "ACE" manufactured caliber. This give me some hope that is mass produced.

This is not like the Vaucher RM clone, which doesn't have a factory attached -please correct me if I am wrong as I absolutely do not care for RM. I only care about the clone rep process.

"ACE" is important because it is also an "ACE" manufactured caliber in the clone 5712, which is mass produced. Gives me hope that this will also be a big/regular production run.

I would also like to add "ACE" pioneered the 240 caliber base. The 240 caliber base is used for the 5712, AND to stack and build the the perpetual calendar. ACE basically went with the most desired direction for their 240.

240 Caliber is also the base for the worldtime, the celestial (who needs this is beyond me), and more less complicated watches including the Gondolo

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Ace didnt pioneer the 240 clone, that's from SH factory which was developed alongside PPF/ZF

The ACE 240 clone is the modified one with a free sprung movement and crap that costs 2k already

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Popup informed me ACE is a series name for these modified clone movements and they will continue producing 5740 provided it sells well.

Reactions: BIONONE and Reaps

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Looks like there could be the possibilty of some 3940 frankenstein watches appearing in the future soon.

Modders/sellers will be abled to collect the remaining gen case sets with dials and hands that come from salvaging the genuine movements for 5940 aftermarket cases.

3940 cases/dials could be equipped with this new movement alternative. So far all of them were scrapped. Unlike other simpler gen watches like 5127/5227/5296 calatrava references. Those found their way back into the rep market with the 324 3KF clone.

Let‘s hope for the factories to gain access to this novelty and focus on the dress watch segment of patek.

However - it‘s really a breakthrough to see a rep perpetual calendar movement. Correct me if i‘m wrong.

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Looks like there could be the possibilty of some 3940 frankenstein watches appearing in the future soon.

Modders/sellers will be abled to collect the remaining gen case sets with dials and hands that come from salvaging the genuine movements for 5940 aftermarket cases.

3940 cases/dials could be equipped with this new movement alternative. So far all of them were scrapped. Unlike other simpler gen watches like 5127/5227/5296 calatrava references. Those found their way back into the rep market with the 324 3KF clone.

Let‘s hope for the factories to gain access to this novelty and focus on the dress watch segment of patek.

However - it‘s really a breakthrough to see a rep perpetual calendar movement. Correct me if i‘m wrong.
I would go nuts for a good 3940 rep

Reactions: BIONONE

BIONONE

28/4/17

I meant 5740 of course.

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
Are there any decent rep dials for the 5740?

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Are there any decent rep dials for the 5740?
None that I know of so gen is the only way. Maybe the rep 5740 from PPF fake dial can be modified and used but I doubt dimensions are the same

BIONONE

28/4/17
None that I know of so gen is the only way. Maybe the rep 5740 from PPF fake dial can be modified and used but I doubt dimensions are the same
Chinese modders are using aftermarket dials for a good while now after scrapping some gen movements from older references with the perpetual calendar movement.

Using only gen dials wouldn't make sense for them as it limits their supply immensely - if they can rep a 5712 dial they can do the same for the 5740. Wy wouldn't they?

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Chinese modders are using aftermarket dials for a good while now after scrapping some gen movements from older references with the perpetual calendar movement.

Using only gen dials wouldn't make sense for them as it limits their supply immensely - if they can rep a 5712 dial they can do the same for the 5740. Wy wouldn't they?
Because this isnt a mass produced movement 5740 yet.... it's 7k just for the movement alone.....

In the future yes maybe but I'm only reporting what the state of the market is....

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09

I'm betting a slew of new PPs are on the way based on cloning this movement. The rep industry has tapped into a rich vein, and great new reps are sure to follow. It may take a year or more, and it will probably be frustrating at times (shitty V1 releases) but if history is any indicator, I'll be sporting a perpetual calendar in 2026 or sooner. Good times.

Db9s

12/5/23
Canada
I'm betting a slew of new PPs are on the way based on cloning this movement. The rep industry has tapped into a rich vein, and great new reps are sure to follow. It may take a year or more, and it will probably be frustrating at times (shitty V1 releases) but if history is any indicator, I'll be sporting a perpetual calendar in 2026 or sooner. Good times.
By 2026 I suspect we are all going to be a noisy bunch. We will all be walking around with our minute repeaters Ding ding, bong bong, ting ting 🔔.

Never gonna need to look at our watches ever again !
😆

Paolo1966

Renowned Member
22/7/21
Gen movement at today cannot be replicated.. so there is no reason to spend 5/6/7000 usd for a chinese movement.. save your money guys.

Reactions: Reaps and zinduna

Reaps

-
25/9/22
What do you think of these? Are we really getting a 5740 cloned movement?
I mean there are real photos of it, the factory ACE is known for free sprung 240 clone so they exist, modders have been taking preorders for it, so yeah, I think it's real.

Do I think it'll be mass produced? No but I hope I can bite my words. This is how it goes - super expensive 1 off movement released, then eventually 6 - 24 months later we get a mass variant on market. Even then if it is mass produced it'll be very expensive

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
I mean there are real photos of it, the factory ACE is known for free sprung 240 clone so they exist, modders have been taking preorders for it, so yeah, I think it's real.

Do I think it'll be mass produced? No but I hope I can bite my words. This is how it goes - super expensive 1 off movement released, then eventually 6 - 24 months later we get a mass variant on market. Even then if it is mass produced it'll be very expensive
Expensive as in over a thousand or lower?