• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Moonswatch reps - review of the cheap as chips new versions

xxtwisted26xx

Supporter
Certified
12/6/18
The one swatch i bought from a user on forums I compared to a gen my buddy has. He thought it was real. I wore his and it feels 1:1 to the layman watch person. Both feel cheap. The gen crystal is a PoS acrylic. The few things about THIS rep is color apparently is off but the layman cant tell.
Problems with the GEN is thjat the PAINT apparently comes off while wearing. The crystal and bezel gets scratched INSIDE box NEW. So theres already problems with gen.
TLDR: I would never buy a gen unless you want to collect it and KNOW its a gen.

I bought all 11 on DHgate to put in a box and stare at on the shelf lol

Newcboy

Getting To Know The Place
3/6/22
Uk
Have to say the reps look pretty good. The earth strap is wrong compared to my gen. Stitching is way too pale blue. Should be same as strap colour. But for £25 ! Wow

xxtwisted26xx

Supporter
Certified
12/6/18
Straps are poor quality but so are gen. The straps on both me rep and friends gen, stitching was fraying lmao.
But i bought a rubber strap to switch out (navy blue) on amazon that cost $22. About same price as the watch lmao ($21 for me because i bought bulk).

Newcboy

3/6/22
Uk
Agreed. Scratchy as hell. Need to look for a better one.

funkeymonkey

Known Member
Certified
12/2/23
Austria
Well I got mine finally.
I ordered the el cheapo version from DH. 28Euro shipped was worth the try.
The print is nice, the dial is recessed and the lume is surprisingly nice!
The caseback can be opened witch is great, because my dial is a little bit misaligned. I have to rotate it counter clockwise by half a minute... Other than that - is looks and feels just like a swatch. A toy watch.
Right now i think too much wrist time would be tough on that little watch.
I think I will stick to metal watches and gift that one to my son, or use the dial to build a metal case moonswatch.

We will see :)

Reactions: Therion666

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
Well I got mine finally.
I ordered the el cheapo version from DH. 28Euro shipped was worth the try.
The print is nice, the dial is recessed and the lume is surprisingly nice!
The caseback can be opened witch is great, because my dial is a little bit misaligned. I have to rotate it counter clockwise by half a minute... Other than that - is looks and feels just like a swatch. A toy watch.
Right now i think too much wrist time would be tough on that little watch.
I think I will stick to metal watches and gift that one to my son, or use the dial to build a metal case moonswatch.

We will see :)
They are surprisingly robust! The straps aren't great. I've worn mine quite a bit and no damage yet. Much more robust than the gen, the gen scratch if you look at them!

Put on a 20mm NATO and you will be fine.

Reactions: funkeymonkey

Newcboy

3/6/22
Uk
The whole watch world is mental. The stupid bubble in watch’s peculation drives me mad.

Reactions: JimmyBobby

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Didn't buy a whole set. I bought 4 at about 28.00 each. Took almost a month to get here