• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Moonswatch reps - review of the cheap as chips new versions

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
You mean get a hidden camera when I go to the swatch store with a suit case of fake moonswatches ?
But not a suitcase. You need to be wearing giant sunglasses,a fedora, and a big trench coat. You walk into the store open your trench coat and have them dangling inside the lining asking what you can get for these....

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
But not a suitcase. You need to be wearing giant sunglasses,a fedora, and a big trench coat. You walk into the store open your trench coat and have them dangling inside the lining asking what you can get for these....
How about I buy the watches and you do dress up like the flasher?

funkeymonkey

Known Member
Certified
12/2/23
Austria
@funkeymonkey May I ask which DH Gate seller you got your watch from? Which variant did you buy :) ?

Hello!
I also ordered from watches_77.
The watch was 28 Euro shipped and it took roughly 3 weeks to get to me. He sends directly from China which caused my first oder to get seized.
I think I orderd Mission to Mercury. To be honest I constantly mix up Mission to Mercury and Mission to Moon. Also I think those are the only ones looking "adult"
The other colors look like coming directly out of a chweing gum machine in my opinion.
I had several opportunities to buy gen Moonswatches at the store, but the piece is not worth 260 Euro to me. The 28 Euro are spot on for the little plastic quartz watch.

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
@funkeymonkey The Mercury version has a dark case and the Moon is light grey. I'll just take the Mercury and see. Can't do much wrong for 28€ ;) I handled a gen Pluto a couple of days ago and it really does feel like a toy from the vending machine...It was butt ugly too...The one thing I've noticed is that the gen case has better defined edges, somehow sharper. And of course the subdial at 1. Otherwise they seem pretty spot on. And I also believe that TDs are selling these exact same watches for 148$... Did you also receive the box?

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it!

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
I've ordered another few from my seller on DHgate. These are supposed to be 1:1 copies so I'll report back with a full review when they arrive.

Edit: removed link as these showed little improvement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nickyan

Newcboy

Getting To Know The Place
3/6/22
Uk
Always wanted one. Can’t get them in my town so picked one up in NYC. Have to say it’s pretty basic. But I guess some history. Just waiting for the reps to arrive to see comparisons.

Reactions: restandrelaxation

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Always wanted one. Can’t get them in my town so picked one up in NYC. Have to say it’s pretty basic. But I guess some history. Just waiting for the reps to arrive to see comparisons.
The one I got from 77 has a shiny sticker looking dial and no texture. The case is plastic. It feels extremely light and hollow.

The strap loop is heavy metal.

I still think $20 is too much for it hence I know how much things are to produce in China.

Newcboy

Getting To Know The Place
3/6/22
Uk
Case has a nice semi Matt texture. Nice for plastic pushers. Scratchy strap as previously mentioned. V light.

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
@Cheesegrater The gen I've handled last week felt cheap and hollow too. You can't feel any weight at all. You can't tell it's "bioceramic", it feels exactly like plastic. The "crystal" has an ability to scratch itself just by existing. I think it can be fataly scratched by a feather. The strap is god awful too. So I'm guessing reps can't feel much shittier...

Last edited:
Reactions: restandrelaxation

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
I bought two for almost double retail because I had to have them. I get that they are just cheap plastic rubbish but I love them.

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
@Cheesegrater The gen I've handled last week felt cheap and hollow too. You can't feel any weight at all. You can't tell it's "bioceramic", it feels exactly like plastic. The "crystal" has an ability to scratch itself just by existing. I think it can be fataly scratched by a feather. The strap is god awful too. So I'm guessing reps can't feel much shittier...
100% and I keep telling people this. If you want a quality timepiece this isn't it.