• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Moonswatch reps - review of the cheap as chips new versions

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
Cheers mate, I appreciate it :) So, does it feel like a POS? Just like gen? :)

BucksInFive

Getting To Know The Place
23/5/23
USA
Cheers mate, I appreciate it :) So, does it feel like a POS? Just like gen? :)
i bought a gen in store, and was so underwhelmed that i took a chance and bought a few reps off DHG that arrived a few weeks ago.

very hard to tell gen from rep with eyes closed, both feel nearly identical in hand. however, colors are off and the cases look slightly more "plasticky" on the reps than on gen, and buttons are extremely mushy. none of the reps had working tenths of a second subdials, and one was just broken out of the box.

my takeaway is the gen is a ripoff, reps not much better at around $28/each shipped. if you love the look and want a certain color, i'd buy a rep, but don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

locvs

Supporter
Certified
7/12/20
Germany
Ordered a rep of Ali a while back. Wore it for a week and forgot about it. Stopped by the swatch boutique in Hamburg last week and tried the gen. 250€ is a bigger rip off then aftermarket Rolex ffs.
At that price point there are a number of great Seikos. Or just get a quartz Citizen and you’ll enjoy it far more than that plastic crap.

that said… I’ll probably buy a few more of dhgate lol

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
All in.

3vDk0v.jpg

sz_14

Do not accept unsolicited offers
5/5/23
United States
Hey, does anyone know about how the more expensive reps (70 to 120-ish USD range) are? I've seen some forum members and the listings themselves mention that they have a correctly working 2 o'clock sub-dial as the gen does. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Don't wanna wait all that time and end up with something I don't want, no matter how dirt cheap it is.

BucksInFive

23/5/23
USA
Hey, does anyone know about how the more expensive reps (70 to 120-ish USD range) are? I've seen some forum members and the listings themselves mention that they have a correctly working 2 o'clock sub-dial as the gen does. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Don't wanna wait all that time and end up with something I don't want, no matter how dirt cheap it is.
imo you're better off buying the cheaper rep, opening it up, and disabling the complication; took me all of five minutes.

owning the a gen convinced me to sell it and buy the reps, those things are a complete ripoff at ~$285 after tax. even the rep at ~$30 feels like it's too much.

Reactions: restandrelaxation

sz_14

Do not accept unsolicited offers
5/5/23
United States
imo you're better off buying the cheaper rep, opening it up, and disabling the complication; took me all of five minutes.

owning the a gen convinced me to sell it and buy the reps, those things are a complete ripoff at ~$285 after tax. even the rep at ~$30 feels like it's too much.
I'd do this if a non-working dial didn't bug me more than the non-sweeping chronograph motion on the gen.

I really like the rep Mission to Uranus dial, will probably get the 30 buck one and leave the hands as it is if the costlier ones aren't any better.

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
I ordered a few via Ali and kept one: the Mission to Mercury. It really looks the best. I put it on a leather strap and wear it on one occasion only, when I play tennis. It weighs nothing and tells me the time. Thus, it's as perfect for this as an RM, at a microscopic tiny fraction of the cost. It's even better for this than a G-Shock, as it weighs . . . nothing.

Reactions: restandrelaxation

Stretch242

24/12/14
UK
Have you got any pictures of the watch you got from Ali. I've just ordered one from there should be with me in a few weeks. I ordered the earth watch. I tried DH but the site doesn't seem to work at the minute wont let me click purchase button.

BucksInFive

23/5/23
USA
Have you got any pictures of the watch you got from Ali. I've just ordered one from there should be with me in a few weeks. I ordered the earth watch. I tried DH but the site doesn't seem to work at the minute wont let me click purchase button.

I ordered a few via Ali and kept one: the Mission to Mercury. It really looks the best. I put it on a leather strap and wear it on one occasion only, when I play tennis. It weighs nothing and tells me the time. Thus, it's as perfect for this as an RM, at a microscopic tiny fraction of the cost. It's even better for this than a G-Shock, as it weighs . . . nothing.

same! i wanted a cheap quartz watch that looked great and weighed nothing, and these reps fit the bill perfectly. i tossed a nylon strap onto my earth watch, and wear every tennis session.