• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Moonswatch reps - review of the cheap as chips new versions

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
So my Eatrh watch turned up from Aliexpress.

3RVlVL.jpg

3RVsYI.jpg

The strap says mission to Neptune and the print is a bit out on the strap, the rear of the watch is different but for £28 I'm happy with it. I will put a new strap on it and where it as a daily watch.
It's a bit of a stinker! I put a link in here earlier for the DHgate cheapie that's closest to gen for £23

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
They just got much better. Same price from the seller. Construction of the strap is closer to gen. Pluto now has the right dial, right color case and strap.

3fnmVj.jpg

Mercury dial is correct, grey is there and the green lume is gone. Case and strap are closer to the right color.
3fnik1.jpg

Dial on Venus is way better and the printing on the case is improved.
3fnaOv.jpg

3eHOnD.jpg

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
They just got much better. Same price from the seller. Construction of the strap is closer to gen. Pluto now has the right dial, right color case and strap.

3fnmVj.jpg

Mercury dial is correct, grey is there and the green lume is gone. Case and strap are closer to the right color.
3fnik1.jpg

Dial on Venus is way better and the printing on the case is improved.
3fnaOv.jpg

3eHOnD.jpg

Any chance of a link to these ones? Thanks.

Reactions: Stretch242

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Certified
16/4/22
In for an updated Mercury to update my Metal moonswatch build. Thanks for posting up the new version. You did option "1" on the DHgate link right? (11 is the moon yea? - 1 is the mercury)?

Reactions: restandrelaxation

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
wonder if the dial of those is compatible with the Pagani Design similar watch which is steel case ? anyone tried?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
The main difference to me lies in how sharp are the angles on the gen, compared to the reps. I still haven’t seen a rep which has proper sharp edges on the Lyra lugs, essentially. The moment I see one I’ll take my wallet out (again!j

Stretch242

24/12/14
UK
wonder if the dial of those is compatible with the Pagani Design similar watch which is steel case ? anyone tried?
Just looked these up, never heard of them before. Have you purchased a watch from them before, they have some good watches on there?

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
never bought one but I did see one.
Good quality for the price point, not to the level of reps and some corners cut.

But miles above the gen moonswatch case.

Stretch242

24/12/14
UK
never bought one but I did see one.
Good quality for the price point, not to the level of reps and some corners cut.

But miles above the gen moonswatch case.
Just had a read up it looks like the moonswatch has a 39.8mm bezel and the pagani has a 40mm bezel. As some others have done on here you can just transfer the swatch internals into the steel case. There is a thread on here about that.

Reactions: Karbon74

Stretch242

24/12/14
UK

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Just got my Mission to mercury in today, it’s a great little rep.

The strap looks better on the “updated” one and is the silver chapter ring gone? Otherwise I’m not seeing a big difference to mine to be fair.

The sub dials are a bit misaligned, so need to take it to bits this weekend and sort those, glue the 2 o clock one and take the chapter ring out
when you open it, care to confirm it's a VK63 inside please