• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Moonswatch reps - review of the cheap as chips new versions

pippo

Respected Member
10/1/10
Tempted by the Mercury.

Would anyone know if the acrylic glass can be replaced?

As far as I understood not even the gen can have the glass swapped.

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
All in.

3vDk0v.jpg
I noticed almost all of yours have the silver chapter ring in them. They will look a lot more like gen if you remove them. It hasn't affected functionality on mine at all.

BucksInFive

Getting To Know The Place
23/5/23
USA
Tempted by the Mercury.

Would anyone know if the acrylic glass can be replaced?

As far as I understood not even the gen can have the glass swapped.
i'd imagine it could be, since the rep is super easy to take apart. pop the caseback off, remove the crown and stem, and the movement drops right out. i've seen some youtubers claiming their reps came with sapphire, but they must be buying the way more expensive reps ($50+).

the gen is hermetically sealed, so there's no servicing that watch at all.

I noticed almost all of yours have the silver chapter ring in them. They will look a lot more like gen if you remove them. It hasn't affected functionality on mine at all.

nice. i take it you pinned/glued the 2 o'clock subdial as well?

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
The sapphire reps are the ones less like gens- the case is painted steel- not plastic/"bio ceramic"....

Actually an example of a cheap rep being of better build quality than the gen...

Reactions: Therion666

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
I had asked the Dhgate seller to inform me if these were updated. He sent me a message telling me three of them had been significantly improved. If you compare them to the ones I posted earlier they appear to be far better. So my nieces are getting a couple of gifts as I have ordered these 3. Here are the pics:

3N1XPQ.jpg

3N1d0L.jpg

3N1TmS.jpg

rsnow

Certified
14/12/22
Germany
I had asked the Dhgate seller to inform me if these were updated. He sent me a message telling me three of them had been significantly improved. If you compare them to the ones I posted earlier they appear to be far better. So my nieces are getting a couple of gifts as I have ordered these 3. Here are the pics:

3N1XPQ.jpg

3N1d0L.jpg

3N1TmS.jpg
Do the subdials work with this one? I had not now read the whole thread, but once picked up that these would not work depending on the rep.

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
Do the subdials work with this one? I had not now read the whole thread, but once picked up that these would not work depending on the rep.
No they haven't changed the movement, just the dials.

Reactions: rsnow

BucksInFive

23/5/23
USA
if the 2 o'clock subdial's hand isn't at 12, it is not working like the gen. i've seen some people claim their reps have sapphire crystal, but i've haven't seen anyone claim they had all working subdials.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Anyone picked up the Moonshine Gold version?

I have one inbound but just curious if anyone has pictures of one?

• Wow
Reactions: Phattbam

rsnow

Certified
14/12/22
Germany
if the 2 o'clock subdial's hand isn't at 12, it is not working like the gen. i've seen some people claim their reps have sapphire crystal, but i've haven't seen anyone claim they had all working subdials.
Oh okay, I guess if there isn't currently a fully functional one, they won't bother making another, especially at this price point.

• Haha
Reactions: Thatwatchguy

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
These can crack if you talk too loud..I mean gens, dunno about reps..

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
Just got my Mission to mercury in today, it’s a great little rep.

The strap looks better on the “updated” one and is the silver chapter ring gone? Otherwise I’m not seeing a big difference to mine to be fair.

The sub dials are a bit misaligned, so need to take it to bits this weekend and sort those, glue the 2 o clock one and take the chapter ring out

Stretch242

24/12/14
UK
So my Eatrh watch turned up from Aliexpress.

3RVlVL.jpg

3RVsYI.jpg

The strap says mission to Neptune and the print is a bit out on the strap, the rear of the watch is different but for £28 I'm happy with it. I will put a new strap on it and where it as a daily watch.

Reactions: rsnow

Stretch242

24/12/14
UK
It's also heavier and thicker than my DHgate moon. The lettering on the crown isn't as sharp and the subdials are flat.
3Rcycc.jpg