• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Moonswatch reps - review of the cheap as chips new versions

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
These are the ones I bought. If you remove the movement you can take out the silver spacer ring. I also gave mine a very light rub with 2000grit wet and dry paper to kill the glossy finish and make them look more like the gen.

***Warning*** on one of them (the moon I think) the dial and hands were left behind in the case when the movement was removed! This required putting back together which was fun.

There's an argument to be had that these are better than the genuine moonswatch.

Reactions: JimmyBobby

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
I just got the Moon, Jupiter, and Neptun in the mail, 3 watches in 2 boxes in a shipping box. FAST! Wondering, which battery number do I have to order to replace the crappy ones?

breezer91

Do not accept unsolicited offers
28/3/23
Spain
Neptune arrived today, I saw this thread before even being registered. For me is a really bad quality rep, feels so cheap plastic, blues between case and strap rings are different, malfunction of the watch itself and my chrono seconds hand arrived pointing at 2...

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
Neptune arrived today, I saw this thread before even being registered. For me is a really bad quality rep, feels so cheap plastic, blues between case and strap rings are different, malfunction of the watch itself and my chrono seconds hand arrived pointing at 2..
That's too bad. One of mine I had to reset a hand on, but that was pretty minor. My rep really isn't any different feeling than the gen. They both feel cheap. I've had both in my hand. Sorry for your misfortune. Usually the people who are not happy with this rep haven't tried the gen.

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Neptune arrived today, I saw this thread before even being registered. For me is a really bad quality rep, feels so cheap plastic, blues between case and strap rings are different, malfunction of the watch itself and my chrono seconds hand arrived pointing at 2...
You can reset the Chrono hand - pull the stem out to setting position then push the Chrono button- it will advance the hand to a new position

• Wow

breezer91

Do not accept unsolicited offers
28/3/23
Spain
That's too bad. One of mine I had to reset a hand on, but that was pretty minor. My rep really isn't any different feeling than the gen. They both feel cheap. I've had both in my hand. Sorry for your misfortune. Usually the people who are not happy with this rep haven't tried the gen.
Don't you feel the difference between colours? On gen looks like it has same blue on case and on strap, on rep strap one is much lighter.
Also the bioceramic looks different on the eye to me on pics.
And what I feel really embarrassing is that quartz movement moving wrong...
Taking consideration gen swatch are sold for 50€ I think this chinese people could put some more effort on a movement that they sell at 30€.
With all of that, you don't have to be sorry, in fact, thanks for sharing the seller and your experience :)

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
Don't you feel the difference between colours? On gen looks like it has same blue on case and on strap, on rep strap one is much lighter.
Also the bioceramic looks different on the eye to me on pics.
And what I feel really embarrassing is that quartz movement moving wrong...
Taking consideration gen swatch are sold for 50€ I think this chinese people could put some more effort on a movement that they sell at 30€.
With all of that, you don't have to be sorry, in fact, thanks for sharing the seller and your experience :)
I think you mean see the difference in color. The bioceramic is a bit different look, but they feel about the same. Cheap. The gen Omega Swatch is more like 250 euros, not 50. And very hard to get with resellers asking twice that at least.

Mine were less than $20 a piece so the rep was less than a couple drinks at a bar. But hey, everyone likes different stuff. No one will ever confuse these with a Patek. :ROFLMAO:

Pinion Minion

Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas

I have both ordered from AE and bought a couple M2M from AE/DH. There seems to be at least two levels of quality being sold. The watch on the left has a superior dial, but the bezel is this odd iridescent purple. The case is almost purple- but it actually feels like the bioceramic. The watch in the right has a great color- but the case feels like a toy- really cheap plastic. The bioceramic feeling one is almost twice as heavy as the plastic feeling one. The plastic feeling one seems to have a better movement and a better strap. The bioceramic one has a crystal - the plastic is domed plastic.

I am sure they are just cobbling these things together with a mishmash of parts

Pinion Minion

Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
I should add both where being sold in the 30 dollar range