• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Moonswatch reps - review of the cheap as chips new versions

breezer91

Do not accept unsolicited offers
28/3/23
Spain
I think you mean see the difference in color. The bioceramic is a bit different look, but they feel about the same. Cheap. The gen Omega Swatch is more like 250 euros, not 50. And very hard to get with resellers asking twice that at least.

Mine were less than $20 a piece so the rep was less than a couple drinks at a bar. But hey, everyone likes different stuff. No one will ever confuse these with a Patek. :ROFLMAO:
Yes I was talking about colour, but also about bright, but if on hands it feels as cheap as chinese...
With 50€ I meant normal swatches, not this one. I was thinking in therms of quality that swatch offers for that money, they have a lot of normal watches for this price
Hahaha of course, you have a point! XD

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
I have both ordered from AE and bought a couple M2M from AE/DH. There seems to be at least two levels of quality being sold. The watch on the left has a superior dial, but the bezel is this odd iridescent purple. The case is almost purple- but it actually feels like the bioceramic. The watch in the right has a great color- but the case feels like a toy- really cheap plastic. The bioceramic feeling one is almost twice as heavy as the plastic feeling one. The plastic feeling one seems to have a better movement and a better strap. The bioceramic one has a crystal - the plastic is domed plastic.

I am sure they are just cobbling these things together with a mishmash of parts

I prefer the one on the right, I'm pretty sure that the same as some of mine, the sheen is wrong on them compared to the gen, they are a little bit smaller too, but I found that when I gave them a light rub all over with some 2000 grit wet and dry paper it helps to dull them.

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
the one on the right clearly has better color- but the case material is literally like a child's toy- the one on the left is almost purple, but feels much more substantial- the left watch is almost twice as heavy.

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
I have both ordered from AE and bought a couple M2M from AE/DH. There seems to be at least two levels of quality being sold. The watch on the left has a superior dial, but the bezel is this odd iridescent purple. The case is almost purple- but it actually feels like the bioceramic. The watch in the right has a great color- but the case feels like a toy- really cheap plastic. The bioceramic feeling one is almost twice as heavy as the plastic feeling one. The plastic feeling one seems to have a better movement and a better strap. The bioceramic one has a crystal - the plastic is domed plastic.

I am sure they are just cobbling these things together with a mishmash of parts

Weight is coming from the crystal.

Reactions: JimmyBobby

Pinion Minion

Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Weight is coming from the crystal.
Indeed. But the case is definitely more substantial as well. It is coated metal. Unlike the plastic one with the Plexi crystal- which is clearly extruded plastic

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
Indeed. But the case is definitely more substantial as well. It is coated metal. Unlike the plastic one with the Plexi crystal- which is clearly extruded plastic
Have you felt a gen? It's pretty much the same weight as your light plastic one. Around 30g if memory serves me right.
And swatch bioceramic is pretty much plastic!

Last edited:

LeBron

King James
25/3/23
United States
I just bought a Neptune from trusty.
Does this have color bye problems like original?
How does it compare to the original.
Anyone have any history with this one?

• Wow

Pinion Minion

Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Have you felt a gen? It's pretty much the same weight as your light plastic one. Around 30g if memory serves me right.
And swatch bioceramic is pretty much plastic!
Wow you are right. Gen weighs 31 grams. My plastic one weighs 21 grams. The one with the crystal weighs 52 grams .

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
For those that have pulled the movement out on these, how do you remove the crown? I can't seem to find a release.

Here is the inside of mine, remove the back and the metal disk and it looks like this.

The crown release is highlighted.

A word of caution!!!!

When I removed the movement the dial stayed in the case, it was a bit of a mission to get the tiny chrono hands back on.

Reactions: InitialOcelot9001

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
Wow you are right. Gen weighs 31 grams. My plastic one weighs 21 grams. The one with the crystal weighs 52 grams .
Told you, they are designed to feel cheap. :ROFLMAO: Now spin that positively and say that its so comfortable that it barely feels like you have a watch on.

For the record, the one I have on today clocks in at 23 g. For reference 7 grams weighs the same as a quad of weed or a US currency nickle.

3na97j.jpg

Here is the gen from a buddy, color is a bit off but some of that is lighting. Diff to me is not worth $230 and a 6 hour drive to the closest Swatch store on the hope that I could get one.

3naX7t.jpg

Last edited:

InitialOcelot9001

Getting To Know The Place
31/1/23
United States
Here is the inside of mine, remove the back and the metal disk and it looks like this.

The crown release is highlighted.

A word of caution!!!!

When I removed the movement the dial stayed in the case, it was a bit of a mission to get the tiny chrono hands back on.
Thank you! I was kind of lost when I opened the caseback. I've never worked on a PE50 before.

Relos_Indios

Known Member
10/3/23
Asia
What I've seen online are 3 MoonSwatch rep levels: $10 ones that are really bad, the $30 ones have been seen on this thread, and $80 ones which I assume should be the 1:1 versions.

I wonder if the $80 variants are actually worth it.

InitialOcelot9001

Getting To Know The Place
31/1/23
United States
What I've seen online are 3 MoonSwatch rep levels: $10 ones that are really bad, the $30 ones have been seen on this thread, and $80 ones which I assume should be the 1:1 versions.

I wonder if the $80 variants are actually worth it.
I haven't seen the $80 versions. Minus maybe the plastic looking closer to the bioceramic, I can't see a reason to spend more than $30.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
So for giggles I ordered the 6 dollar moonswatch on ali. This is what showed up...

The subdials and hands are just printed on the dial- which appears to be paper...
You're lucky to even get that. I bought one for $20 last month and it came in a steel case but those bastards SPRAY PAINTED the case... 2 weeks to get moneh back

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland