• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Moonswatch reps - review of the cheap as chips new versions

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
Gate Ships direct from China to Germany, the risk, the package will get seized is very very high (had this 2 times).

AliExpress has the Custom clearance in a "friendly" EU Country. So 0,0% Custom issued
It was actually shipped in this manner to Slovenia, they used the postal service of your neighbouring country ;) It was extremely well packed too.

Reactions: RobSe1 and Karbon74

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
It was actually shipped in this manner to Slovenia, they used the postal service of your neighbouring country ;) It was extremely well packed too.
Thats interesting to hear!

Do they always use that kind of "triangle shipping" ?

Reactions: restandrelaxation

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
I've been wearing it for 2 days straight and I have to say that I love it. Love it!

Gen owners are complaining that the strap is stiff, but the strap on this rep version is great, very pliable. It's the first time in my life that I really feel the itch for a proper Speedy :)

Reactions: Karbon74

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
I've been wearing it for 2 days straight and I have to say that I love it. Love it!

Gen owners are complaining that the strap is stiff, but the strap on this rep version is great, very pliable. It's the first time in my life that I really feel the itch for a proper Speedy :)
It's an itch that nothing else will scratch. The trouble with the speedy is it's a depreciating asset, my advice is try to get a limited edition model, like an anniversary edition or something like that.
If you want a good budget option that I think is going to be very valuable in the future but is currently at rock bottom price go for one of the olympics editions, they are great value for money.

Reactions: Therion666

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
@Therion666 I just realised you aren't in this thread! I think you'll love it!

Reactions: Therion666

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
@Therion666 I just realised you aren't in this thread! I think you'll love it!

Thank you, some more material to give my restless mind another obsession :)

Reactions: restandrelaxation

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
It's an itch that nothing else will scratch. The trouble with the speedy is it's a depreciating asset, my advice is try to get a limited edition model, like an anniversary edition or something like that.
If you want a good budget option that I think is going to be very valuable in the future but is currently at rock bottom price go for one of the olympics editions, they are great value for money.
I know and that scares the shit out of me :D

Not long ago I had an option to buy the previous model of the vanilla plexi glass Speedy, minty fresh unworn, with that huge box and an extra nato strap for 2600€. And I was like "Meh, I'll pass, I can get one easy if I ever feel like it..." Not a monumental dumbass decision like selling my Bitcoins in 2010, but not far from it....

I hope with my whole heart that some Chinese factory is working on a Speedy movement clone as I type these sad words...

restandrelaxation

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
I know and that scares the shit out of me :D

Not long ago I had an option to buy the previous model of the vanilla plexi glass Speedy, minty fresh unworn, with that huge box and an extra nato strap for 2600€. And I was like "Meh, I'll pass, I can get one easy if I ever feel like it..." Not a monumental dumbass decision like selling my Bitcoins in 2010, but not far from it....

I hope with my whole heart that some Chinese factory is working on a Speedy movement clone as I type these sad words...
Lol at the bitcoin, I have a story that'll make your toes curl!

Whilst playing travian lying in bed with a broken back in 2008 my friend suggested I try mining this new thing called bitcoin, it came in blocks of 50 bitcoin, we calculated that each block would likely be worth $1 and our aim was to race to 100 blocks. It was running in the background on my gaming laptop that had a built in GPU....
I incidentally finished 3rd in the world on That travian server, got back on my feet and partied flat out for 5 years, like a man who thought he might not walk again but made a full recovery. I then heard people say bitcoin was valuable and thought I have some of that.

At last counting I had over 2000 bitcoin.....

When I found and logged into the old laptop and tried to access the account I couldn't. I've tried many times to find a solution to no avail.

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
I can't believe I've just read through this thread again only to find a new person has posted received pics, causing me to buy them again. Absolutely brilliant, I just cannot help myself. This forum kills me 😭 :ROFLMAO:

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
Lol at the bitcoin, I have a story that'll make your toes curl!

Whilst playing travian lying in bed with a broken back in 2008 my friend suggested I try mining this new thing called bitcoin, it came in blocks of 50 bitcoin, we calculated that each block would likely be worth $1 and our aim was to race to 100 blocks. It was running in the background on my gaming laptop that had a built in GPU....
I incidentally finished 3rd in the world on That travian server, got back on my feet and partied flat out for 5 years, like a man who thought he might not walk again but made a full recovery. I then heard people say bitcoin was valuable and thought I have some of that.

At last counting I had over 2000 bitcoin.....

When I found and logged into the old laptop and tried to access the account I couldn't. I've tried many times to find a solution to no avail.
My toes are curled. And then some! FFS mate, that's next level. 2000? I had about 10% of that and my balls have been blue for the most part of the past 13 years from my kicking myself in that particular region...

I saw a video some time ago about a company that specializes in recovering data in such situations. For a small fee of course ;) , but it could be worth looking into it!

The Repswatch is keeping perfect time, it's still dead on after 5 days. I took some photos in direct sunlight to show the details. Those blobs are just shadows cast by the sticker that's still on the crystal. I think it's pretty well made for the price..