• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Sub up on Toros - Noob V2?

thefinger

11/2/13
Just got my v2 from InTime. Looks like a 1st batch with thinner bezel insert numbers and centered datewheel. I like this watch a lot, but the fliplock on the clasp doesn't fully shut to a flush position. Is this normal for the v2 noob, or should I request a replacement clasp from Ryan at InTime? Sits up 2-3mm, which bugs me,

Toycarsmy

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
4/4/13
You mean this?

2013-08-21154229.jpg

thefinger

11/2/13
The fliplock sits up. It won't secure all the way down to the clasp, even if i push crazy hard on it. You can see the gap, even from quite a distance. I'm thinking that I need to contact Ryan and ask for a replacement clasp...

null_zpsa4636853.jpg

null_zpsad3b8ff3.jpg

Dukes

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/13
Hey Finger, that doesn't look right. Mine sits nice and flush, in fact the strap is the best replica strap i've seen.

Capt. Obvious

Respected Member
5/5/13
The fliplock sits up. It won't secure all the way down to the clasp, even if i push crazy hard on it. You can see the gap, even from quite a distance. I'm thinking that I need to contact Ryan and ask for a replacement clasp...

null_zpsa4636853.jpg

null_zpsad3b8ff3.jpg

I have this same problem on my Expl. II

Ruski91

Respected Member
12/10/12
Hey guys, I have one of these in route. I have read all of the V2 threads in their entirety. I am well aware of the remaining flaws. The only one, if any, that bothers me is the insert. We all know that noob will at some point fix it (we do not know how well, but it will be fixed in any case)

my question is, are we all under the impression that this updated insert will be directly 'swappable' if we can even call it that, with the current insert? I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Mako88

Getting To Know The Place
25/7/13
Hey guys, I have one of these in route. I have read all of the V2 threads in their entirety. I am well aware of the remaining flaws. The only one, if any, that bothers me is the insert. We all know that noob will at some point fix it (we do not know how well, but it will be fixed in any case)

my question is, are we all under the impression that this updated insert will be directly 'swappable' if we can even call it that, with the current insert? I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

No one is under any impression regarding anything in the future, though a swappable insert seems more likely than less.

Regardless, the problem is easily solved by just joining the "New SubC every year" club as a lot of RWIers have unintentionally done, that way you always have the newest/best! :thumbsup:

Think of it like an OS upgrade each year for your computer...oh look, it's 2015, time to upgrade to the Noob/BP/whatever V9.2 model! :cheers:

Ruski91

Respected Member
12/10/12
No one is under any impression regarding anything in the future, though a swappable insert seems more likely than less.

Regardless, the problem is easily solved by just joining the "New SubC every year" club as a lot of RWIers have unintentionally done, that way you always have the newest/best! :thumbsup:

Think of it like an OS upgrade each year for your computer...oh look, it's 2015, time to upgrade to the Noob/BP/whatever V9.2 model! :cheers:

Ehh, im not as critical. Hour markers and pearl are just fine for my less distinguished taste. There are plenty of Sub lovers that will disagree but that's just for me.

If they can get the insert to have the right depth, width, and color for the numbers i will be quite happy and will call it a day quite honestly. Doubt i would be searching for a 900 gen insert to put on a $320 rep. So ill just wait till/if they get it right.

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Ehh, im not as critical. Hour markers and pearl are just fine for my less distinguished taste. There are plenty of Sub lovers that will disagree but that's just for me.

If they can get the insert to have the right depth, width, and color for the numbers i will be quite happy and will call it a day quite honestly. Doubt i would be searching for a 900 gen insert to put on a $320 rep. So ill just wait till/if they get it right.

Sounds like a reaonable approach. :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ruski91

Respected Member
12/10/12
Sounds like a reaonable approach. :D

Im a pretty reasonable guy lol

Maybe its because i am just not as critical with rolexes, with PAMs i apply a bit more scrutiny. But hey at the end of the day they are reps regardless and they are a fraction of the cost of the gen counterpart. If they were perfect they would be gens.

Mako88

25/7/13

I hear you, but they've never gotten the insert right...and yet it seems so simple a fix, we're all just sitting here thinking "you're so close...come on boy, you can do it, that's it, tie your shoes...ARRRRGGGHHH GODDAMNIT." lol

The whole gen insert routine is very tempting on these, simply because that's all you really need to get it to super, depending on whether the DW left-alignment thing is that bad on those "Batch 2" V2s that have hit the thread this week.

wepiii

18/12/12
I saw in another post where one of the tds said the improved bezel will not be sold separately until several months after release.

Mako88

25/7/13
Sead just sent over my QC pics, they were approved in less than a minute.

Looks like "Batch 2" from the DW alignment, but it's tough to tell with the number 3.

Nice to get one with the Cyclops just about perfect and the dial positioned properly. SEL is ok, good enough. Overall it looks like a winner.

photo1_zps51419529.jpg

PoptheC

18/5/13
Sead just sent over my QC pics, they were approved in less than a minute.

Looks like "Batch 2" from the DW alignment, but it's tough to tell with the number 3.

Nice to get one with the Cyclops just about perfect and the dial positioned properly. SEL is ok, good enough. Overall it looks like a winner.

photo1_zps51419529.jpg

Congrats, one of the best ever seen!

fradic

16/9/11
Looks stunning!

DW perfect, lets hope the 20's as good as the single digits.

Sora

Renowned Member
18/5/12
bp and noob side by side

bp engraving on the bezel is much more deeper than the noob factory
both fonts look the same size to me.
noob case is a little thinner than the bp case

Capt. Obvious

Respected Member
5/5/13
Lol, Sora u got some BP Subs left u wanna sell off?
Lol. Joking.

Sent from my KW359 using my ASSO strap