• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Sub up on Toros - Noob V2?

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
tru.thats why i maximum moddeing mine

wepiii

18/12/12
I'm picky, and I get bored easily so who knows. I could jump ship and be back on the Noob camp after my BP arrives. But I'm team BP for now lol jk

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
lol .im both teams,as im using noob parts ha ha

Ruski91

Respected Member
12/10/12
Just got mine in today, and with all due respect to those analyzing the watch with a microscope. It looks and feels freakin amazing. The only thing that needs to me changed for this thing to really look gen is the platinum color on the bezel numbers.

If the watch has the platinum color (done in a smooth way - not jaggedy) it would really be over the top. For the money (Slightly over average for a good rep) this thing is fantastic.

Anyway, just my two cents for anyone still on the fence.
Ohh right .. :ttiwwop:

image.jpeg

Robotomic

25/4/12
It might look and feel amazing but the wrong bezel font makes it very easy to differentiate between gen and rep. Just look at the 3 in 30 and compare to the gen. No microscope needed.

In my opinion this is a flaw big enough to bother me. Will wait for the update.

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
Wow, I have just gone through this thread in more detail and I am really surprised (although I shouldn't be) at some of the nits some members are picking out with this watch. I think some of you guys found a couple of pictures of gens and then compared them to the rep and are drawing the wrong conclusions--which are wrong. First of all, Gen makers change their watches in small ways all the time without any fan fair. The same model can have 4 or 5 dial variations over the course of its production life, with most people never noticing the changes. Because of these subtle changes, some people get very confused when looking at pictures and point out these purported flaws in a rep. Guys, chill the f--k out and do some homework before you start to tear a new watch to pieces. Some of you really have no idea what they are talking about. This is a stellar looking piece with some very minor flaws that no one would ever really notice in the real world. That said, there is NOTHING wrong with the dial on this rep, namely the spacing between the 1000ft = 300m

The dial (which has been critiqued quite a bit) looks great to me. Unfortunately, the hour hand in your pictures is covering the print in OP's pictures, but there has been quite a bit of complaints about the spacing between in the 1000ft = 300m. I want to put this to rest now:

Here's the a gen from Rolex's first production run, which began in 2010. These dials were used in watches produced in 2010 into 2011:

rolex-oyster-perpetual-submariner-date-116610ln-automatic-diving-watch-dial.jpg

rolex-oyster-perpetual-submariner-date-116610ln-automatic-diving-watch.jpg

691376d1335442165-submariner-vs-audemars-piguet-ro-divers-rolex-submariner-116610-ln.jpg

More recent production runs made a few changes to the dial spacing, which made it look a little less cramped. These new dials were used from mid-2011 (along side the original dial) through the present. This is a picture of a updated dial (not the change in the size of the "f" in 1000ft and the spacing between the "= 300 m"):

4908325691_bd970be381_b.jpg

Finally, here's the Noob v2:

BEZRLX2013072401-02_enl.jpg

In my eyes, the V2 dial looks like a great copy of the original 116610 dial from 2010-11. I would guess that noob bought a preowned 116610LN that came from an early production run. That's what the copied and they did a good job of it. Second, there is some variation in thickness on the marker surrounds in various versions of the gen. These surrounds look fine for the first gen sub-c dieal. The pearl also looks spot on.

Real flaws, as well noted, the engravings on the bezel insert could be a bit deeper and, of course, should have platinum paint (easy mod), but this is very hard to see on the wrist. The bezel fonts look good to me though (but could be a smidge thicker). :) On the other hand, think noob also did a very good job getting the bezel teeth right.

In the end, it's all about how the way the watch feels anyway. If this is anything like the Exp2, it's a winner.

That's some Magnum PI shit right there, GREAT POST!!! I'm so glad you found these pics and info.

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
Everyone mentions the exp 2 don't forget the GMT 2 blue and black is super lumed and looks pretty rad. Congrats to the manufacturers and their progress.

GrimReaper

Known Member
2/5/13
Does any Noob submariner have a bracelet without Glide Lock?
Because I bought a Noob Glide Lock bracelet for $70 from Hont, and it does not even have Glide Lock.
And I doubt it is from Noob factory.
How much would this kind of bracelet cost? Because I need to receive some kind of refund.
I previosly bought a sterile Glide Lock for $50, so I would say $30 is a fair price.

giobo

Respected Member
6/5/10
2 mm spring bars, awesome finish and perfect clasp in mine..So at least 50$ for a good price..

Without glidelock your bracelet may be from an old noob edition..Definatelly not from the v2 noob

GrimReaper

Known Member
2/5/13
It would be very nice if someone could provide a fair price for a bracelet without GlideLock.
It would be easiest if I show Hont that post.
He now said to me "mine the new strap". It will be hard to convince him otherwise.

wepiii

18/12/12
It would be very nice if someone could provide a fair price for a bracelet without GlideLock.
It would be easiest if I show Hont that post.
He now said to me "mine the new strap". It will be hard to convince him otherwise.

I bet he sent you a bracelet from a noob explorer ii. Do a search and see if it matches what you got

Furby

Getting To Know The Place
30/4/12
Thebestsub.nl

Hi, can anyone look at thebestsub.nl. Is that the noob v2?