• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Sub up on Toros - Noob V2?

Shreky

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/6/13
I thought we were concerned with the letters aligning with the minute indicators . . . .

Shreky

Banned
26/6/13
Aren't we concerned with the letters aligning with the minute indicators ?

Shreky

Banned
26/6/13
Aren't the letters supposed align with minute indicators ?

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Guys my sub is excellent to my eyes....
Quality and feel is Gen like.

The lume is strong. i would say it borders Superlume.
Not so strong and lasting like the Explorer II from Noob though..

The metal and the bracelet are very nice, i dont bother the SEL gap..
It has the same feel with the Noob Explorer II again..
When you touch it, it feels so smooth, like its almost coated, with some kind of soft material..
Also, as mentioned, by another member, the bracelet and clasp, are very enduring.
They don't get easily, desk or wear scratches.

The only drawback FOR ME, is the bad magnification len. It's too low and left.
And finally the bezel is turning quite easily (this happens in Gen also i think)...

Its really a pitty to make such a nice piece and mess it up on the cyclops.

If there was a way to fix the cyclops, i would be very happy.

GMTlover

27/12/12
If they are smart they just release a separate improved insert. Then everybody can buy this 2nd batch version with incorrect insert, and replace it afterwards. Everybody is happy and they earn $25 dollars extra per watch.

alsad

Getting To Know The Place
11/8/13
Aren't the number on the bezel still a little bit thin ?

theskull

Renowned Member
6/8/13
they have the correct size, not too thin, just not deep enough that's all...

thisismynick

27/12/10
they have the correct size, not too thin, just not deep enough that's all...

At least with my 1st batch V2 Hulk: Not true, in real world. In real world comparison the font in the recent inserts are clearly a hair too thin, rest problems aside.

Toycarsmy

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
4/4/13
Mine just got in, I would say it is very GEN like. The Date wheel only slightly left in person (see last picture), and the bracelet is fantastic.

2013-08-20154009.jpg

2013-08-20160025.jpg

2013-08-20154030.jpg

theskull

Renowned Member
6/8/13
So about the new bezel insert from the noob factory.. somes members were saying that the insert is done, that angus have it but is waiting on current batch to sell..

Well IT IS NOT TRUE!! here exactly what angus emailed me about that (and i know him very well for years)

i quote: " I don't have a sample just yet but i heard the maker is working on a new insert but I dont know when they will release that bezel, hopefully ASAP :)
The new insert won't be sold as a part for months but only with the watch now
"
I was really curious to see that new insert, and order one, but it seems like we won't be able to just order the insert, but the all watch, not sure if i gonna keep mine like it is (installing gen crystal, BP hands, and hour markers) or just order the updated one depends on how good the insert is.. But i am very disapointed, i though that this insert would come soon, but apparently no, and no way to just order it, what other solution we have for this insert problem???

hautehorloge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
12/7/13
QC pics on 9th of august, watch arrived yesterday on 19th, after triangle without customs problems via UK. I am very pleased with Ryan - it was my first order from a TD.

The watch... is STUNNING!
Before, i had the Noob Sub "Ultimate" and loved it very much. Now the V2 is a completely different world. The quality in my eyes got even better. The watch looks and feels just awesome, i am very happy.

gazany6a.jpg

The date is very slightly left, but i can live with that. Next to do, is to waterproof it properly and get it ready for the ocean. I would like to retry the pPPP mod again, but since now i didn't find the right color shade for the platinum paint, as here in Germany you just can get Model Master enamels (wich also are from Testors - but in my eyes are not the same shades).

All in all - i'm a happy guy!

Toycarsmy

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
4/4/13
Can't take out the watch since arrived in the afternoon. The bracelet is quite comfy.

The Lume just OK, not as good as Exp II.

2013-08-20180627.jpg

2013-08-20180134.jpg

2013-08-20180347.jpg

2013-08-20180314.jpg

2013-08-20180143.jpg

2013-08-20180301.jpg

2013-08-20180243.jpg

2013-08-20231230.jpg

Toycarsmy

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
4/4/13
I done handful of watch regulation, this movement came with Noob does not seems solid and it built rough. I feel it is fragile too.

catana1981

Supporter
Certified
14/10/12
UK
Lovely watches.My V2 has been in the customs for 14 days. I don t think I will ever see it :(

jorgeinmiami

Getting To Know The Place
18/7/13
My noob v2 from ryan from the first batch. Looking at the pics my numbers on the bezel dont seem as deep as yours.

wepiii

18/12/12
His is definitely the second batch cause the DWO is aligned left. The engravings do look deeper than my first batch as well

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
His is definitely the second batch cause the DWO is aligned left. The engravings do look deeper than my first batch as well

It's hard to tell such a minor difference I depth from a picture. The lighting and angle of the lense could effect your depth perception or create an optical illusion.

I do have a question. I thought the exp2 and sub-c had the same.lume on the gens. If that's the case, why am I hearing that the lume on the sub-c is not as good as the noob exp2. Shouldn't it be the same formulation? Maybe they are using a different dial maker, but that would suck!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

wepiii

18/12/12
Not sure but it is definitely different... It's as bright when fully charged but it takes a lot more to charge it and it doesn't last as long. More green than the explorer as well