• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Released Clean 3285 Movement(from Dandong) Compared With GEN and Shanghai 3285 Movement

Hugg727

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
15/2/23
NJ,USA
You've been posting some good shit lately. Also been watching some of your YouTube vids.

Will be ordering from you in short order to show some support. Keep up the good work.
What is his YouTube channel called?

Rando2023

Do not accept unsolicited offers
29/1/23
London
Think I'm just going to QC a C+ pepsi with the SH3825 movement. I can't be bothered waiting longer.

Adidos

4/9/20
Germany
On the clean 126710 Pepsi the color of the bezel have been a little bit off (lighter color than Gen) und and the cyclops AR coating had a blue shim.
Even though this thread is primarily about the movement, Do you know if this will be fixed at CFs latest Pepsi Version?

Reactions: Luiki

qwop17

3/10/20
Germany
I’d ask for a caseback open pic to confirm the movement. I’ve had TDs say that opening the watch will compromise waterproofness, but since this isn’t your first rodeo, I’m guessing you probably pressure test your reps once they arrive anyway.
asking a td if they can open the caseback should not be a problem!

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
On the clean 126710 Pepsi the color of the bezel have been a little bit off (lighter color than Gen) und and the cyclops AR coating had a blue shim.
Even though this thread is primarily about the movement, Do you know if this will be fixed at CFs latest Pepsi Version?
If the pepsi insert had been changed in any significant way it would have been announced as currently its not close, so you can assume it hasnt.

Reactions: Adidos

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Question I am about to order what is the best way to confirm that the Clean being shipped actually has the DD movement inside?
I guess ask the dealer to open up the case and show the movement?

there are times where you order say V2 of a model and you get V1 QC
A video of the hands movement will confirm which version it is.

3186 - fwd crown = fwd hands
3285 - backward crown = fwd hands

Unless of course you're buying a lefty Sprite. In which case just swap the crown fwd and backward above to the opposite.

There are TDs who will not open a caseback for you.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Reactions: Lariram and CTime

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
They are fixing this problem, but it takes much longer than what I thought

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada
I have 5 or 6 dead SH3186's in my parts drawers made by the same factory that builds the SH3285. Just sayin'
Off topic:

Hey KJ!

I sent you a PM about the SH3186's.

On topic:

Thank you Ctime for the very detailed reviews of both the new 3285 clones that are coming out this year. DD3285 indeed looks like the best one too buy, I guess time will tell how stable they really are. The SH might turn out to be pretty stable, who knows.

I recently handled the SH3285, it came in one of the JVS explorers. While the JVS explorer is not really that great, the movement felt very solid. The timergrapher numbers weren't bad either. I've sent it to @dogwood. He will probably do a teardown of it sometime soon.

Reactions: CTime and dogwood

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Off topic:

Hey KJ!

I sent you a PM about the SH3186's.

On topic:

Thank you Ctime for the very detailed reviews of both the new 3285 clones that are coming out this year. DD3285 indeed looks like the best one too buy, I guess time will tell how stable they really are. The SH might turn out to be pretty stable, who knows.

I recently handled the SH3285, it came in one of the JVS explorers. While the JVS explorer is not really that great, the movement felt very solid. The timergrapher numbers weren't bad either. I've sent it to @dogwood. He will probably do a teardown of it sometime soon.
Yup. I have the watch in hand. Can confirm that JVS Explorer IIs have the SH3285. And have the date window in the GMT Master II position, not the Explorer II position.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yup. I have the watch in hand. Can confirm that JVS Explorer IIs have the SH3285. And have the date window in the GMT Master II position, not the Explorer II position.

Wow that's just so wrong. Like a cute chick with a huge schnoz, what a shame.

3ncpxn.jpg

@CTbeforeLP Sorry bro, no way to sugarcoat that mess.

On the plus side the GMT hand doesn't have a large visible orange hole surround like the obnoxious one on the GMFs.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Isn't it a pretty common movement for the GMT?
ARF is the only factory that used those and all of the dead ones I have came from ARF GMTs that people wanted VR3186 movements in.

The SH3186 GMT module is weak and sloppy, and frequently fails. The movement is generally not well regarded and should be avoided IME. Use it til it breaks then replace with something better if you choose to buy a watch containing it.

We don't know yet about the longevity of an SH3285 but we have seen the parts breakdown pics. It should be a no brainer to choose the better DD3285 movement. Why settle for something easily discernible as inferior from a factory with a known poor track record?

Last edited:

CTbeforeLP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/12/21
Canada
Wow that's just so wrong. Like a cute chick with a huge schnoz, what a shame.

3ncpxn.jpg

@CTbeforeLP Sorry bro, no way to sugarcoat that mess.

On the plus side the GMT hand doesn't have a large visible orange hole surround like the obnoxious one on the GMFs.
LOL!

There's a few more things wrong with this 226570.

1. The bezel font is glossy, should be matte?
2. Lug width is 21mm, should be 22mm.
3. Case shape is wrong for this reference. It should have thinner lugs.

Reactions: KJ2020

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
LOL!

There's a few more things wrong with this 226570.

1. The bezel font is glossy, should be matte?
2. Lug width is 21mm, should be 22mm.
3. Case shape is wrong for this reference. It should have thinner lugs.
But on the plus side, it's an Explorer II with a reasonable movement (I mean it's based on the vr3235 which is a good movement). So until we get a CF Explorer II with the date window in the correct location, it's the best we've got.

Reactions: CTbeforeLP

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
I have 5 or 6 dead SH3186's in my parts drawers made by the same factory that builds the SH3285. Just sayin'
Ugh, I thought I was alone in that. What can even be done with them?!

Just read every post here and am Excited to see the DD3285 in the flesh, surprised how interesting I find it considering I’m not a GMT fan but this movement alone sparks my interest.

Thank you SEE TIME ( 😜) for your posts in parts. They are beyond helpful, truly some next level info sharing and the forum is better because of it.

Reactions: CTime