• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
I would really like to get this done…any assistance on how to contact this modder or do any of our TD do this?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Looks like they have a newly printed custom made moon disc for the 5712. The sizes of the stars are clearly different between the two.

Reactions: Djsani26

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I got quoted 215$ on WeChat for this and told that they send the watch to workshop, where it gets modded.

Probably they change the overlay. Because these pictures show more sharp print of the moon and stars, other than the darker blue colour.

Reactions: Djsani26

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
Now the only thing left to mod is the hands pinon. They need to come up with some new ball headed pinon . Then this should be a good mod 5712 just like the buff 5711 level.

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Certified
12/10/19
EU
Interesting updates I see.. but IMHO the biggest issues with this 5712 superclone are the “dancing” minutes hand and the power reserve indicator that never reaches “zero”, even if you don't wear the watch for days..
frankly I don't care much about the color of the moon... compared to two major problems... but it's just me..

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Interesting updates I see.. but IMHO the biggest issues with this 5712 superclone are the “dancing” minutes hand and the power reserve indicator that never reaches “zero”, even if you don't wear the watch for days..
frankly I don't care much about the color of the moon... compared to two major problems... but it's just me..
Same here, before going into details, I'd like to see the basics working. I love this watch, but am not ready to invest, for I see too many complains, and for the movement is not basic, not sure all watchmakers will manage to fix the thing, especially when parts are needed. Very sad.

Reactions: Neo_7

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
It reminds me of the Portuguese at the beginning : every buyer knew he was acquiring a ticking timebomb, there were mods, tweaks, even gen movement implants... But I bet we'll never see gen movements here :ROFLMAO:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
HKR on WeChat had them up this week
I would warn everyone against HKR watch!

First of all he took payment of 300$ from me a few months ago and kept the money because the V1 was bad. And that’s what we agreed.

Then the latest SW has been released and several people have already got it.

But he didn’t source it for me. Upon me writing to him he didn’t answer for more than a week.

A few good people here from RWI wrote to him to keep him up on the deal. He then answers me that he will source the dial for me.

Now he has qc and is asking for 45$ more.

That’s really bad service. And to be honest I’m not sure he will send me the dial if I pay him 45$ more. So I am in a bad spot with him.

I have asked him to return my money. Because a sudden increase should entitle a buyer to ask for his money back.

If he doesn’t do that, then it’s a big red flag for everyone.

Last edited:

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Thanks for everyone's knowledge sharing! For everyone's reference, my recently upgraded and modded PPF 5712 V2.

1) SW Dial V2
2) Buff hands
3) Capped pinion
4) Custom moonphase disc

Great watch, congrats, wear it in good health. How could you describe the color of the SW v2 dial?

chewy824

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/14
Thank you. I would describe the SW V2 dial to be more blue in color compared to the original ZF version, and I would say that the dial color is closer to my gen 5711. The prints on the dial are marginally less sharp compared to the ZF dial, but I saw many collectors saying that they are already sharper compared to SW V1. All in all, I would say that the SW V2 dial is a marginal improvement over the ZF dial, but not a major improvement.

Reactions: grillbrill