• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF 5712 with PP240 Super Clone.....

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
Some really good info here, thanks for sharing! I myself can only click my moonphase once per day, but it also rotates fine with time so this is good info for me to take when I eventually get mine serviced
My watch run itself every day every functions…no need to adjust nothing….

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I recently had the chance to service the clone 240 movement. I posted a detailed (picture heavy) breakdown in my watchmaking journey thread:

tahinci

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/23
Turkey
It looks nice! Great watch.

The late dials like your one are darker than the early ones that have the greenish tint.
Thank you! It has a tone that I absolutely love, I'm looking for an alternative to wearing 1:1 on trips abroad, but I guess I'll wait for the SWF for the dial

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
An absolutely golden break down by one of the reddit watch makers petehudso... quality content for all

Lol… yeah, that’s me (I’m petehudso on Reddit and Dogwood here). I linked to a slightly longer version in my Journey thread above — Reddit limits you to 20 pics per post, RWI let me post a few more pics.

Link again for convenience.

solexz

Known Member
22/7/22
USA
Well as of yesterday my PPF v2 is likely dead, power reserve mechanism seems to have failed. It can wind but seems theres no power delivery to the balance spring in general. Pallet fork and balance aren't stuck so definitely something within the spring barrel or the barrel arbor may have failed. Can rarely get a few hours of power out of it so I'm kinda hoping that it may just need a deconstruction and rebuild with lubrication.

When I first received it the moonphase didn't actuate except once per day so I have a feeling whatever happened during DHL shipping it may have taken a hit and this is an escalation from that. Obviously before all this was working fine but seems there still some bugs in the clone- YMMV!

solexz

Known Member
22/7/22
USA
Of course after posting that I've somehow managed to get it running for 24 hours. Now just thinking a regular service might be all it really needs. No idea whats going on, this movement is definitely a strange one but I love it :LOL:

qrr0129

Taking title suggestion
Patron
Certified
16/6/22
Let me share w you guys the custom v2 I just got built, and at the same time get your thoughts and opinions on it
The case was thinned to gen spec
Custom dial, custom date wheel
Gen moonphase disk

Everything is perfect to my eyes, but the dial seems a bit greyish. I do not own a gen to compare it to. Any input?

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Let me share w you guys the custom v2 I just got built, and at the same time get your thoughts and opinions on it
The case was thinned to gen spec
Custom dial, custom date wheel
Gen moonphase disk

Everything is perfect to my eyes, but the dial seems a bit greyish. I do not own a gen to compare it to. Any input?
Custom datewheel??? 🤔

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
nautilus-5712-ss-ppf-1-1-latest-and-best-edition-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-ppf240.jpg

nautilus-5712-ss-ppf-1-1-latest-and-best-edition-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-ppf240.jpg