• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW! 1675 GMT case set offering from Raffles.

matzemedia

Supporter
Certified
22/4/21
Deutschland
I have builded some 1675 with these case
Thanks for sharing your picture. They look very nice!

Can you tell us about the mounting of the bezel and crystal? Are they GEN like, or is the Bezel mounted by a wire? Is the crystal press fit mounted with a retaining ring or just glued?

Reactions: 369mafia

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
I am here
Welcome. Thank you for sharing your watch projects. You are doing a very nice work on those crown guards.
As the others have asked we are curious to see how the the bezel is mounted and if you can provide any further info on the case set

Last edited:
Reactions: Karbon74

R.O.Archer

Getting To Know The Place
25/12/23
All right, sit down, we need to talk to you. :)

Did you sand down this part? I mean the space between the crown itself and the bezel?

When polishing, I try not to touch this part. If I accidentally touch it, I can only use a file to carefully smooth it

R.O.Archer

25/12/23
Welcome. Thank you for sharing your watch projects. You are doing a very nice work on those crown guards.
As the others have asked we are curious to see how the the bezel is mounted and if you can provide any further info on the case set
The glass is glued to the case, of course, if you do not use glue can also be fully stuck. The tooth ring is divided into two layers, the inner ring is fixed on the glass through the rubber ring, and the outer ring is fixed by the inner ring. The aluminum alloy bezel needs to be polished to reduce the outside diameter and then the double-sided adhesive is glued to the tooth ring

pullthat92

Gonna make it
Certified
16/10/23
Finally! A affordable and awesome 1675 case. I should try assembling the Marlon Brando GMT.

R.O.Archer

25/12/23
Finally! A affordable and awesome 1675 case. I should try assembling the Marlon Brando GMT.
If you want a Marlon Brando GMT, You need to buy another set of 1675 toothed ring, Because the shape of the tooth ring of this watch case is not the same as the genuine one, At present, the best solution is to buy a gear ring produced by BP factory, because it is very cheap and the structure and shape are correct

DeLoMan

3/2/19
Received mine today! The only issue I see is that I got a Tudor crown with it, but I emailed Ken about it. Looking forward to beginning case shaping tonight! The lug holes already appear to be drilled to the correct size, which is great.

HG5WIk.jpeg

HG5UjD.jpeg

HG5Lns.jpeg

HG5euY.jpeg

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Initial teardown completed. I’ll begin a new thread with my build progress.

HGUD8Q.jpeg
I see the gasket, this reminds me of the BP CARTEL 1675 bezel assembly.

Is the crystal glued in on your case ??

looking fwd to your progesss.

Reactions: pompompurin

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Received mine today! The only issue I see is that I got a Tudor crown with it, but I emailed Ken about it. Looking forward to beginning case shaping tonight! The lug holes already appear to be drilled to the correct size, which is great.

HG5WIk.jpeg

HG5UjD.jpeg

HG5Lns.jpeg

HG5euY.jpeg
Can you measure the insert ID and OD? It looks too narrow. The 1675 insert is noticeably wider than the 5 digit models, due to their larger sapphire crystal OD.

Approx. gen insert diameters
1675 - 30.2mm / 37.75mm
167xx - 30.6mm / 37.65mm

Thanks, GL with your case shaping!

HGy9XQ.jpeg

Last edited:

DeLoMan

3/2/19
Glued in with a vengeance! I overheated it with a heatgun getting it out and melted it. I have a Clarks on the way.

There is a LOT of meat on these lugs. I went slow and didn’t want to take too much off doing PCGs, but I need to go back and remove more. Getting there. Moving the crown in was nerve wracking. I had to keep telling myself I was only out $60 if I screwed up

HGy8UR.jpeg

HGyQhv.jpeg

HGytfK.jpeg

HGyrQ8.jpeg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It is narrow.

HGypuj.jpeg

HGyln1.jpeg
Arghh that OD means a gen-spec 1675 insert will need to be shaved quite a bit to fit inside the bezel rim.

This can be done cleanly and fairly easily by holding an insert on edge and swipe/ rolling it across a piece of ~400 grit sandpaper taped to a flat surface. Do about 10-15 swipes through a 30° arc then move on to the next sector. Overlap a little. Measure often. Angle the edge a little toward the backside to avoid chipping the front edge paint. Test the fit often. Adjust the pressure used, the number of swipes per sector, and the grit of the paper as needed during the process.

The problem with shaving off large amounts is you can get very close or even eat into the tops of the numbers. Something to keep in mind when choosing an insert.

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Patron
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Arghh that OD means a gen-spec 1675 insert will need to be shaved quite a bit to fit inside the bezel rim.

This can be done cleanly and fairly easily by holding an insert on edge and swipe/ rolling it across a piece of ~400 grit sandpaper taped to a flat surface. Do about 10-15 swipes through a 30° arc then move on to the next sector. Overlap a little. Measure often. Angle the edge a little toward the backside to avoid chipping the front edge paint. Test the fit often. Adjust the pressure used, the number of swipes per sector, and the grit of the paper as needed during the process.

The problem with shaving off large amounts is you can get very close or even eat into the tops of the numbers. Something to keep in mind when choosing an insert.
What about attacking the inside of the bezel, where the insert sits? Wouldn't it be possible to open up the diameter slightly?

matzemedia

Supporter
Certified
22/4/21
Deutschland
Thanks for sharing all the detail pictures of your raffles case. It lookes pretty good. But there is one part I don't understand:

I see the gasket, this reminds me of the BP CARTEL 1675 bezel assembly.
Can please someone explain, what is the function for this white gasket?

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Thanks for sharing all the detail pictures of your raffles case. It lookes pretty good. But there is one part I don't understand:

Can please someone explain, what is the function for this white gasket?
That white gasket ensures more pressure is applied around the plexi crystal, when the white gasket and crystal retainer is pressed onto the case together. Perhaps this is to ensure better water resistance and tightness of the plexi.