• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW! 1675 GMT case set offering from Raffles.

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Das anyone know if the bezel construction is still the same horrible as on his other cases ?
I spoke to Raffles about this and he confirmed that these cases do not use the occtogon wire like on his other cases

"It's bezel ring has been pressed on the case and set with the plastic gasket. It has the structure close to the genuine Rolex one. There is no octagon spring wires like the bezel ring for my other old model of submariner cases. "

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I spoke to Raffles about this and he confirmed that these cases do not use the occtogon wire like on his other cases

"It's bezel ring has been pressed on the case and set with the plastic gasket. It has the structure close to the genuine Rolex one. There is no octagon spring wires like the bezel ring for my other old model of submariner cases. "

this gives me hope that he upgrades the others 😅

so noobie question, are the gen 1675 case and 5513 cases different?

Reactions: 369mafia

DeLoMan

3/2/19

For the price, this could really be a game changer in the world of affordable 1675 reps. My order will ship Monday.

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10

26mm dial for the 5513, whilst it looks like the 1675 is 27mm. Bezel/insert is a different diameter if I am not wrong, as well. Not sure on the case shape but isn't the crown smaller, so the tube is smaller on the 1675? Can probably be machined from the same blank/stamping though.

Megahz1

Vintage lover
6/5/18
EU
This is honestly a game changer. From the drawing I can already tell that gen spec dials will fit and that Sternkreuz plexi will fit too. All the material on the CGs means there is endless possibilities to reshape and the non gen like bezel is not a deal breaker for me tbh. The insert is also really close to gen spec. Finally the crown is 5.3mm which is a big improvement over BP (6mm); it looks pretty bad but it can be replaced with an AE one for around 20€.
All of this to say that I am buying one rn😂

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Patron
Certified
29/5/23
USA
This is honestly a game changer. From the drawing I can already tell that gen spec dials will fit and that Sternkreuz plexi will fit too. All the material on the CGs means there is endless possibilities to reshape and the non gen like bezel is not a deal breaker for me tbh. The insert is also really close to gen spec. Finally the crown is 5.3mm which is a big improvement over BP (6mm); it looks pretty bad but it can be replaced with an AE one for around 20€.
All of this to say that I am buying one rn😂
Actually wondering if Raffles is using a new source for cases, and this is the first batch. Potentially, the Submariner cases could start coming from the same place, which I assume means gen spec dials and bezels.

I can live with bulky crown guards...have to amortize the Dremel bits anyway, lol.

dpd3672

Patron
Certified
29/5/23
USA
I honestly dislike those two color bezels
But so many of you guys are so excited that it's making doubt my life choices 😳
I think the all black bezel is too close to the Submariner. The Pepsi is iconic, and I've been warming up to the others (Bat-person and Coke).
What the heck, you KNOW you're going to eventually try them all...might as well get it over with, lol.

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06

Back in the day when I built this baby I took the cartel 1655, did some case shaping a la Rolex Addict, installed a T-116 crystal and a crystal retention ring and bezel from Clark's- nostalgia_2000- and put in an Ingod44 dial-gen spec size- but I don't recall what the size was! Can't recall where I got the small GMT hand- was it from Rafflesdials? It was a fair amount of work to get a gen spec1675.

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada

other than the dial size as mentioned earlier. the sub and gmt mid case are definatly different in shape , thickness but I think it can definatly be used for a vintage sub build. I am thinking a 6536 and then grind off the crown guards and you have something closer than his 6538 cases at a fraction of the cost of a viet case set

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
now this is some really interesting news! Maybe that's why i was not able to get one from ruby, so i can make a bargain:) Big question here is how close to gen spec the case actually is. Height and shape of the midcase, caseback and rehaut...

Megahz1

Vintage lover
6/5/18
EU
From the pictures I can almost 100% confirm the following:
1) Dial seating and rehaut opening are gen spec, respectively 27.3mm and 27mm
2) Lug holes will likely need to be drilled to 1.25/1.3mm
3) Crystal neck is gen spec measuring 28.9mm
4) Retaining ring is not gen spec as it uses a gasket, but I think that with a 30.2mm OD plexi, the gasket could be removed and the ring should fit snug
5) Bezel is not gen spec and the profile is wrong, likely to need modding
6) Insert is not gen spec but very close (Raffles 37.5mm vs Gen 37.75mm), could be modded pretty easily by sanding down the insert/sanding the bezel
7) Crown is horrible and should be changed asap, before shaping the crown guards imo, in order to get the right proportions. Crown diameter is 5.3mm is gen spec so a replacement should fit nicely
8) Tube could be potentially gen spec if it is the same as his othe cases
9) Overalls it needs substantial reshaping but at the price he is offering it, to me it is a no brainer

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
To be correct in everything ,

the diameter of the case as Raffle reports is 39,2 so already we are off by 2mm comparing the last generation of 1675 (1967 - 1979) which is 39 and ok for theThickness 13 mm , in addition to the CG which are exaggeratedly disproportionate and to be worked on .

if on the contrary we compare it with the very first generation of 1675 immediately after 6542 ( 1959 - 1967) we are with a net diameter of the case of 38,7/38,8 so with a gap of 4/5 mm diameter and we are not there with the Thickness of 12,7 , if we take it to make the last generation of 1675 we should mount a crown of 6mm , but again we should work on CG , but for the price anything is possible

Megahz1

Vintage lover
6/5/18
EU
To be correct in everything ,

the diameter of the case as Raffle reports is 39,2 so already we are off by 2mm comparing the last generation of 1675 (1967 - 1979) which is 39 and ok for theThickness 13 mm , in addition to the CG which are exaggeratedly disproportionate and to be worked on .

if on the contrary we compare it with the very first generation of 1675 immediately after 6542 ( 1959 - 1967) we are with a net diameter of the case of 38,7/38,8 so with a gap of 4/5 mm diameter and we are not there with the Thickness of 12,7 , if we take it to make the last generation of 1675 we should mount a crown of 6mm , but again we should work on CG , but for the price anything is possible
The difference is 0.2mm and not 2mm. The whole bezel construction is off, but the diameter is correct.

Reactions: Karbon74

dpd3672

Patron
Certified
29/5/23
USA
The difference is 0.2mm and not 2mm. The whole bezel construction is off, but the diameter is correct.
So the difference in the Raffles case and the 2nd generation Rolex case is exactly the same as the difference between the first and second generation Rolex cases...about the same thickness as 2 sheets of copy paper. I think that's something most can live with.

;)

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
I don’t mind reshaping crown guards. Bezel assembly, insert, crystal and crown are going to be upgraded with Clarks/Athaya/CAC The correct case and rehaut height and shape though is vital in order to achieve a convincing result at the end.