• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW! 1675 GMT case set offering from Raffles.

matzemedia

Supporter
Certified
22/4/21
Deutschland
That white gasket ensures more pressure is applied around the plexi crystal, when the white gasket and crystal retainer is pressed onto the case together. Perhaps this is to ensure better water resistance and tightness of the plexi.
Thanks for your answer. So the retaining ring and the crystal is not press fit. You need the extra gasket to seal it?

One more question: I miss the part that holds the bezel to the retaining ring:

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
What you have circled looks like the friction washer/spring to me, keeps the bezel pressed up to the 'lip' of the crystal retaining ring, so it doesn't spin freely.

matzemedia

Supporter
Certified
22/4/21
Deutschland
What you have circled looks like the friction washer/spring to me, keeps the bezel pressed up to the 'lip' of the crystal retaining ring, so it doesn't spin freely.
Yes, that is the washer/spring. You are right sometimes I leave it at my builds. So Raffle does without it?

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
One more question: I miss the part that holds the bezel to the retaining ring:

Yes, it appears the washer is missing, but that can be ok (although the missing washer is not gen-spec construction).

Even if this washer is missing, i find that it is still acceptable as long as the bezel can turn with slight friction.

So the retaining ring and the crystal is not press fit. You need the extra gasket to seal it?
Yes, it appears so.

Reactions: matzemedia

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Patron
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Got mine yesterday, they look very nice. Hopefully can start work on them this week!

I ordered two, will do one with a gilt dial, and one with the Raffles dial.

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
Too bad the lughole position look way off to me.
Everything else look good to work with.
I'm interested if a gen Crystal will fit the Case.

pullthat92

Gonna make it
Certified
16/10/23
If you want a Marlon Brando GMT, You need to buy another set of 1675 toothed ring, Because the shape of the tooth ring of this watch case is not the same as the genuine one, At present, the best solution is to buy a gear ring produced by BP factory, because it is very cheap and the structure and shape are correct

Toothed ring? Do you mean that this part is not in the raffles case? Where can I buy this part separately?

pullthat92

Gonna make it
Certified
16/10/23
And another question: I'm about to make the Marlon Brando build with the following parts:
Raffles case
Yuki dial (for gen mvt)
2836 mvt
Will the date wheel fit the gen spec date window position if replaced with this?

And it's not important, but I'm curious if the cyclops of the raffles case won't deviate too much from the gen date window position.

matzemedia

Supporter
Certified
22/4/21
Deutschland
Will the date wheel fit the gen spec date window position if replaced with this?
As far as I understand: no. The cyclops of the crystal is for the eta position. But I read the description several times and I'am not 100% sure. At the picture the cyclops looks far outside.

Reactions: pullthat92

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Patron
Certified
29/5/23
USA
As far as I understand: no. The cyclops of the crystal is for the eta position. But I read the description several times and I'am not 100% sure. At the picture the cyclops looks far outside.
I may be wrong, but I THOUGHT that dial apertures and cyclops locations were for the gen position, which is why the DWO are usually offset a millimeter or so to align with the gen position.

I may be understanding this, however. So far, my only builds have been Explorers and Subs without dates. This and a 1680 are going to be my first attempt at DWOs.

DeLoMan

3/2/19
I ended up taking a bit much metal off and moving the crown inward just a hair too much where it seems it will interfere with the bezel. Darn it. A tremendous amount of tedious work to get this case to a proper shape. I’ve thrown in the towel and have a Milk case en route that I will leave as-is in terms of the case. A lot more money but will be a lot less work. I look forward to seeing what others are able to do with these $60 cases though.

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
I ended up taking a bit much metal off and moving the crown inward just a hair too much where it seems it will interfere with the bezel. Darn it. A tremendous amount of tedious work to get this case to a proper shape. I’ve thrown in the towel and have a Milk case en route that I will leave as-is in terms of the case. A lot more money but will be a lot less work. I look forward to seeing what others are able to do with these $60 cases though.
could you not offeset that issue with how far you thread the crown tube into the case? should be able to clear the bezel assembly with little issue,

what are your plans for the raffles case....the bin?

DeLoMan

3/2/19
could you not offeset that issue with how far you thread the crown tube into the case? should be able to clear the bezel assembly with little issue,

what are your plans for the raffles case....the bin?
If I can make the Raffles work, I’ll transfer the guts from my old cartel replica over to it as a PCG build, and I’ll use the Milk case for a later style build.

Here is where I called the Raffles case shaping good enough. I definitely don’t consider myself a professional by any stretch of the imagination, so I’m excited to see what others are able to do with this affordable case.

HSjx7o.jpeg

HSjcYP.jpeg

HSjVzJ.jpeg

charliehotel

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
16/3/23
Ontario, Canada
If I can make the Raffles work, I’ll transfer the guts from my old cartel replica over to it as a PCG build, and I’ll use the Milk case for a later style build.

Here is where I called the Raffles case shaping good enough. I definitely don’t consider myself a professional by any stretch of the imagination, so I’m excited to see what others are able to do with this affordable case.

HSjx7o.jpeg

HSjcYP.jpeg

HSjVzJ.jpeg
What insert is this?

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada

HSjx7o.jpeg

HSjcYP.jpeg

HSjVzJ.jpeg
Id say you did pretty good for a first crack at it!! Those are complex curves and not easy to achieve. I have yet to attempt pcg and honestly its a bit intimidating .

glad to see you have not abandoned it

DeLoMan

3/2/19
Id say you did pretty good for a first crack at it!! Those are complex curves and not easy to achieve. I have yet to attempt pcg and honestly its a bit intimidating .

glad to see you have not abandoned it
Thanks buddy. I was able to transfer my old stock style bezel assembly over from my cartel rep I made years ago. And it spins! The crown isn’t too far in after all. Will likely change the insert, but this is progress and a crisis avoided.

HS3KTn.jpeg

HS3HoE.jpeg

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Thanks buddy. I was able to transfer my old stock style bezel assembly over from my cartel rep I made years ago. And it spins! The crown isn’t too far in after all. Will likely change the insert, but this is progress and a crisis avoided.

HS3KTn.jpeg

HS3HoE.jpeg
looks good just enough clearance for the crown. nice fade on the insert , Id keep it.....what dial you using?

Reactions: DeLoMan

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?

HS3KTn.jpeg

HS3HoE.jpeg
looks great man ! i would brush the CGs and add a bit of chamfer on the lugs

Reactions: DeLoMan