• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus 5712 RG PPF

Plastiker

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/14
Monaco do Bavaria
so it make sense to wait then.... Since I know there is a new clasp type, I am not happy with the old style...
I just found this mod:
Nautilus MOD
Anyone know if its worth it?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Wow just wow ! I’m floored by this piece.
HEXhGS.jpeg

oceaon

Lost time is never found again.
Banned
27/1/22
US
John that looks so much better than the TD pics. I can't wait for mine to be finished.

• Love
Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
John that looks so much better than the TD pics. I can't wait for mine to be finished.
Just a few observations after 24 hours:

Lume is amazing, I will post a few shots later, bracelet feels firm and have a “GEN” steel feel to it. The craftsmanship here is very nice. Kudos the boys in Guangzhou. The watch also has a heft to it, it feels heavier vs its steel counterparts. I will compare later to see if this is the case or if it’s the “firmness” of the watch that set it apart. Its very well made.

Crystal is also high quality that complements the dial nicely. The dial is a work of art. I have tried to compare it to GENs online and I struggle to differentiate or find any obvious flaws.

The rose gold plating is also surprisingly nice and very GEN looking.

Movement is smooth and silent.

I’m very happy with this purchase.

Reactions: JayBee0815

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
I am eyeing this piece, but nothing more annoying that doing a V2 and doing the old clasp w/o the microadjust.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
PP V1 is about 40 grams less heavy vs GEN all links included. GEN is 195g! Not bad at all.

A few GEN pics for ref
HEVPBS.jpeg

HEVTRQ.jpeg

HEVdhL.jpeg

mattmcgarnsy

Alea iacta est
26/5/23
UK
Amazing thread. Loving these updates! What a crying shame about the clasp issue....is there any way of getting a message out to the factories that they've messed up with it? As I'm getting major ostrich head stuck in the sand vibes off them.

Shocked at the weight, very impressed. Doubt we'll ever see these in tungsten but at that weight it's not much of a compromise! Plus craftsmanship at the level of these pics seems ss is essential. Imagine to get the weight up they did the v3 with just a tungsten clasp singlehandedly overcoming the issue every tungsten watch has 😂 we'd have to send a collective apology to the factories

Stunning pics @johnlogan

• Love