• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus 5712 RG PPF

oceaon

Lost time is never found again.
Banned
27/1/22
US
@johnlogan Thanks for the info on this. I just added the modder for that bracelet/clasp to add to the build since I am doing a RG gold wrapping on it. I didn't even realize the difference on the clasp so I appreciate you pointing it out.

• Love
Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
@johnlogan Thanks for the info on this. I just added the modder for that bracelet/clasp to add to the build since I am doing a RG gold wrapping on it. I didn't even realize the difference on the clasp so I appreciate you pointing it out.
It's a typical factory rope-a-dope move by the factory and, again, introduce the correct claps on V3. I would love a working power reserve and a cleaner looking movement as on V2, but the order is set and the watch is on its way back ,fully serviced.

Your 5712/1R will look insane with a fresh wrapped RG, clone movement and correct lockable micro adjustment system claps. I need that for hot days.
H4k6ut.jpeg

Can't wait for your pics brother.

Reactions: Levko and oceaon

mattmcgarnsy

Alea iacta est
26/5/23
UK
It's a typical factory rope-a-dope move by the factory and, again, introduce the correct claps on V3. I would love a working power reserve and a cleaner looking movement as on V2, but the order is set and the watch is on its way back ,fully serviced.

Your 5712/1R will look insane with a fresh wrapped RG, clone movement and correct lockable micro adjustment system claps. I need that for hot days.
H4k6ut.jpeg

Can't wait for your pics brother.

Hi there buddy, could you explain how incorrect the deployment clasp is? I'm struggling to see how they've messed up with it....and how big a difference it is from the v1?

oceaon

Banned
27/1/22
US
The 2022 RG 5712 has the new clasp like the 5811 with micro-adjustment. The old 5712 has the old flip over clasp

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Hi there buddy, could you explain how incorrect the deployment clasp is? I'm struggling to see how they've messed up with it....and how big a difference it is from the v1?
Bro it’s a complete different claps! V2 don’t have the micro adjustments and it’s fold over deployment buckle.
V1 is a connecting buckle that make up the Calatrava Cross!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
The question is if the new clasp system fits the old bracelet. It will if the width of the bracelets are the same.

Second thing is if any TD will sell the clasp separate from the watch.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
I am not really sure. I do think that PP has the upper hand over 3kF on these. I have this one from PP, which is considered grey and it's awesome man. The plating and color look great. I am not sure if the pics are weird from Puretime, but that dial in the pic looks off. Not Grey at all. But you can never be sure until you see QCs. For example, I ordered the 3KF dial below and the QC came back as hot mess lol. You can see for yourself what I ordered and then what the QC looked like.

the second photo looks like the watchmaker was eating cheetos while crafting it.

oceaon

Banned
27/1/22
US
RG is really hard to gauge in photos. I have this issue every time I post one for sale. I love the grey dial, but I believe the grey dial only comes on the model with the leather strap. Whereas the brown dial comes with the full RG bracelet. I have ordered the RG 2022 full metal bracelet version and a clasp/strap of the correct 2022 model. Once it's built with the SW set and RG wrapped, I will try to do a video as it will show off the color a bit better once complete.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
The question is if the new clasp system fits the old bracelet. It will if the width of the bracelets are the same.

Second thing is if any TD will sell the clasp separate from the watch.
It will fit but you need to bend the pins! It’s a two person job and a watch hammer!

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Plastiker

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/14
Monaco do Bavaria
Hey there,
so in order to get the perfect Nautilus RG 5712 i have to order V1 AND V2 and have to take the new Clasp of V1 and the Dial of V1 and put the on the V2 version??? Is that even possible?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Hey there,
so in order to get the perfect Nautilus RG 5712 i have to order V1 AND V2 and have to take the new Clasp of V1 and the Dial of V1 and put the on the V2 version??? Is that even possible?
V1 is out of stock! Wait for V3 that will probably have the correct bracelet/clasp. Hopefully the clone movement will be upgraded a bit as well.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

mattmcgarnsy

Alea iacta est
26/5/23
UK
V1 is out of stock! Wait for V3 that will probably have the correct bracelet/clasp. Hopefully the clone movement will be upgraded a bit as well.

In your experience, how long do factories take to update models between Vx and V(x+1) ?