• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Microbrands are breathing new life into watchmaking.

solo369

Do not accept unsolicited offers
Supporter
Certified
14/9/24
Showcasing the Old Smith from Kuoe which just makes me smile every time I'm wearing it and almost use it as a litmus test when at an AD and they seem genuinely keen to be hands on with it. Going to be in Japan this November so look forward to going to their store.

I really like seeing the dial in different ways when the sun hits it!

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
So I guess it’s not bad deal to get this Tudor „homage” for this price
I don't know, I don't like their "bought" history, but so many brands do the same. At the end of the day if the specs are congruent with the price, why not. But then again, if there's a similar San Martin or the likes I'd go with that. Not a big fan of that "Gevril" logo on the dial.

Reactions: Kielxx

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
How we feeling about San Martin's new watch? Honestly I haven't bought SM in a long time but this is calling me.

Kcnminus

GS fanboy
Supporter
Certified
1/11/17
This isn’t under a grand but it’s on my radar.

I’ve been eyeing this one really hard myself:

I love the microrotor movement and the slim case, as well as the pop of yellow on the dial and seconds hand.

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20
I just found this microbrand

Purple looks great

Reactions: Reaps

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida

Repplay

18/10/24
Did you know Laventure? I really like the GMT, I couldnt buy the first batch a couple of years ago, and now that is even better ( size wise) I was about to pull the trigger several times....but at the end I think it´s just too expensive for a microbrand watch considering the specs.
And I have discover high reps and frankens as well hehe

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Did you know Laventure? I really like the GMT, I couldnt buy the first batch a couple of years ago, and now that is even better ( size wise) I was about to pull the trigger several times....but at the end I think it´s just too expensive for a microbrand watch considering the specs.
And I have discover high reps and frankens as well hehe

4.200 CHF is definitely a lordly price for a Sellita powered gmt movement. The SW 330-2 costs around 320-350$ retail in its elabore version, the only added value is the chronometer spec. You get the "common" 316L steel (which admittedly is enough) and a plexi.
The sandwich dial is interesting, but does it justify the price? And don't get me started on the Nautilus lips on the case... Yes, I don't like this design, imo there is no relation between the "refined" details of bracelet and case (mishmash from Nautilus and AP RO) and the boldness of the dial.
There's brands with comparable specs in the 800-1200 € segment.

Repplay

18/10/24
4.200 CHF is definitely a lordly price for a Sellita powered gmt movement. The SW 330-2 costs around 320-350$ retail in its elabore version, the only added value is the chronometer spec. You get the "common" 316L steel (which admittedly is enough) and a plexi.
The sandwich dial is interesting, but does it justify the price? And don't get me started on the Nautilus lips on the case... Yes, I don't like this design, imo there is no relation between the "refined" details of bracelet and case (mishmash from Nautilus and AP RO) and the boldness of the dial.
There's brands with comparable specs in the 800-1200 € segment.
yes , its like a mix of : Rolex 1675 vibes of the bezel ( I like it a lot, it´s bakelite and lumed) with nautilus case and bracelet. 200m WR, sandwich dial, nice movement, 39mm...it ticks a lot of boxes, but 4200 PLUS VAT! it´s unfortunately a no go

Reactions: Feefo

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
love the look of this one... very much like the Cartier + AP RO quartz square with a Patek ( esk ) bracelet... and at £540 !!!!

for those that not familiar with the AP square quartz

Last edited:

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
love the look of this one... very much like the Cartier + AP RO quartz square with a Patek ( esk ) bracelet... and at £540 !!!!

Yes but, what is "Scarifour" supposed to mean?

• Haha
Reactions: Ah0rsey

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
Yes but, what is "Scarifour" supposed to mean?
I think it means "Have you met my little friend......" oh no, sorry thats Scar-face ;)

Machine Gun GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Feefo

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh

So Patek basically copied AP......

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
for microbrands, what do you think are top 5 that'd really take off ?

I think Simon Bret has potential, Atelier Wen is going really good aside from their movement.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Monta

Baltic

Brew

Chris Ward (are they still micro? They’ve already taken off though)

Farer

Lorier

Maen

Traska

Trafford

Atelier Wen is not going to “make it” and I own two lol