• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Microbrands are breathing new life into watchmaking.

onthebeam

Getting To Know The Place
1/6/24
I have been meaning to post a photo of my new Duckworth Presstex Verimatic in Orange. It's another British brand from near Manchester that is unusual for a "micro brand" since they are actually a third generation watchmaker. I don't love all of their designs but the Verimatic is a home run.

Reactions: Feefo

onthebeam

Getting To Know The Place
1/6/24
(Sorry for accidental double post. If a mod sees this and can remove, thanks!)

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
What a beauty!

38.5mm is just about perfect. The thickness at first appears to be a lot 15 13.6 but it's only 10.8 without the domed crystal. One of the best looking watching I've seen in awhile! Like the understated color scheme that's not as crazy as some of their others. Love what's coming out of UK.

I'm assuming that for $2,000 they do send along that piece of delicious looking salmon it's sitting on . . .
I can't help thinking that if this was one of the first releases of them you would pay 200-300-ish bucks less... But that's the price of notoriety.

Reactions: onthebeam

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
I can't help thinking that if this was one of the first releases of them you would pay 200-300-ish bucks less... But that's the price of notoriety.
They've upped their game. Sellita SW510 with monopusher design. Still relatively cheap considering. But I'd be happy with the previous ST1901 and 500 price tag.

RDRoss

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Not so much a micro brand but they are doing a lot of amazing retro inspired pieces. And the prices are solid.