• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Microbrands are breathing new life into watchmaking.

sudoku

Do not accept unsolicited offers
17/8/24
FARER is killing it right now with some really great original watches. Like not a single one of their watches is a homage

onthebeam

Getting To Know The Place
1/6/24
FARER is killing it right now with some really great original watches. Like not a single one of their watches is a homage

They are obviously successful and have several neat design ideas. My opinion is to build a serious brand for the long term, a Microbrand should focus on its identity and not be all things to all people. While some Farer designs are a clear home run, others try too hard to be cool. Less could be more.

The Farer on the previous page with the Cushion Case sure is a beauty.

Malibu

Peloton Aviator
Supporter
30/6/24
Malibu CA
That Traska in Mint green is striking, definitely on my radar and looking forward to seeing there next new releases this fall

onthebeam

Getting To Know The Place
1/6/24
That Traska in Mint green is striking, definitely on my radar and looking forward to seeing there next new releases this fall

I had a good talk with their founder the other day. This fall the Freediver 6 wil be announced. He discussed the upcoming updates with me. They seem smart an sensible to make a great watch even better. I have only had the watch for about a week but it has quickly earned its way to lots of wrist time.

Reactions: Malibu

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
As many know, I own the Helm Vanuatu Titanium and love it.

I entered several email addresses and one has come up.

I'm not going to purchase another but if one of you want to, you are welcome to do so. Just wanted to offer someone the opportunity to not be on a 3 year waiting list.

I would have you log in, pay with your own credit card, and have it delivered to your address. If it wont let us change it, I'd receive it and put it in the mail to you.

This may only work in the US.

If you want to do this, message me.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
How about Atelier Wen? I know they have been heavily marketing the dial maker to entice people.
I wish they'd have made their own movement or at least stay away from dandong.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
How about Atelier Wen? I know they have been heavily marketing the dial maker to entice people.
I wish they'd have made their own movement or at least stay away from dandong.
DD movements are solid. To get that dial and an in house movement would put an unknown brand at an unrealistic price.

Reactions: Reaps

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
DD movements are solid. To get that dial and an in house movement would put an unknown brand at an unrealistic price.
I think it's the reputation of the brand DD, since they are known to making movements for reps from what I heard from some friends that's keeping them from buying.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I think it's the reputation of the brand DD, since they are known to making movements for reps from what I heard from some friends that's keeping them from buying.
Shame. They’re missing out on a great watch.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Micro price is taking your breath away 😬

Anyway, much respect for what these guys are doing.

pacman-7024232_1280.jpg

Reactions: VixLa3 and Feefo