• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MASSIVE Review of VSF 126610LV vs Gen (WARNING! Absolute torrential bombardment of photos)

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
I just asked my TD if he can deliver the Clean 126610LV. I have the black VSF version. So I will also compare the rehaut of Clean and VSF.🍿
TBF, in the right conditions the Clean is the better rehaut, shame the Xtal is made out of dirty milk bottle glass!

• Haha
Reactions: mcboom

hendric

The art of time
Certified
18/10/19
Europe
shame the Xtal is made out of dirty milk bottle glass!
I hope you just happened to have a bad series with the clean. Did you see the review video I posted? In that video I see little difference and the reviewer thinks the Xtal from Clean is closer to gen than that from VSF.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they constantly upgrade and improve things at Clean. The too thin date font and the matte rehaut annoy me most about my VSF anyway. Of course there are more important things in life, but it's still fascinating to see how those people go to great lengths to make the movement look like a Rolex inside, while nobody ever looks at it, and on the other hand they don't pay attention to simple details that are visible immediately and are easy to fix...

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
[...] but it's still fascinating to see how those people go to great lengths to make the movement look like a Rolex inside, while nobody ever looks at it, and on the other hand they don't pay attention to simple details that are visible immediately and are easy to fix...

Agreed, maybe that's due to the fact that the attribute "clone movement" outweighs a lot of other details in marketing.

Reactions: hendric

hendric

The art of time
Certified
18/10/19
Europe
FYI, I just found this VSF with polished rehaut modification in an old archived sales post.

489784fdb0eb35f1e5d14c1f5acd82d7.jpg

hendric

The art of time
Certified
18/10/19
Europe
By the way, I wonder why I have never seen such an incredibly beautiful picture of a Clean or VSF like this picture of the gen 126610LV. Once I get my Clean, I'm going to see if I can take a picture of this quality with the Clean as well. Maybe it's just the camera, good lighting, and some skillful Photoshop work.
-source
Rolex-Submariner-126610LV-019.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Kevstah

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
By the way, I wonder why I have never seen such an incredibly beautiful picture of a Clean or VSF like this picture of the gen 126610LV. Once I get my Clean, I'm going to see if I can take a picture of this quality with the Clean as well. Maybe it's just the camera, good lighting, and some skillful Photoshop work.
-source
Rolex-Submariner-126610LV-019.jpg
Photoshop!

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
I hope you just happened to have a bad series with the clean. Did you see the review video I posted? In that video I see little difference and the reviewer thinks the Xtal from Clean is closer to gen than that from VSF.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they constantly upgrade and improve things at Clean. The too thin date font and the matte rehaut annoy me most about my VSF anyway. Of course there are more important things in life, but it's still fascinating to see how those people go to great lengths to make the movement look like a Rolex inside, while nobody ever looks at it, and on the other hand they don't pay attention to simple details that are visible immediately and are easy to fix...
But that entire video series and the others like it from various accounts are clearly done by Clean, no mention of the superior feel of VSF for instance.

I'm after a Clean 124060 sometime, well I say Clean, not VSF cause I'm not havinh a ghost date!

Last edited:

hendric

The art of time
Certified
18/10/19
Europe
Just received the QC's of my Clean 126610LV. Looks great, I will give it green light.
I placed one of the QC pics next to a pic of a gen, a screenshot from a YT-video.
Except for indoor studio light versus a photo on the beach in sunlight, they look very similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcboom

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
How can they not be distinguished when gen and vsf are lying next to each other?
1. The hands of the gen watches made of white gold are warmer in hue and give a more voluminous shine. This is noticeable when gen and vsf are lying next to each other
2. Disgusting polishing of rehaut on vsf (or rather, practically its absence), which is immediately visible when compared with gen
Are you serious?

Last month you didn’t even know how a mechanical watch worked, and you were saturating the vsf thred with inane questions.

How many times have you seen a VSF sub next to a real one and how many times have you seen a CF version?

Considering you already said you have never seen the real one I’m going with none.

Last edited:

DzR-ALF

21/3/23
Russian Federation
How many times have you seen a VSF sub next to a real one and how many times have you seen a CF version?

Considering you already said you have never seen the real one I’m going with none.
1. Not so long ago I was able to find 126619lb in the store. And yes, rehaut on gen is completely different, shiny, when on vsf it is gray matte and glitters only if very bright sun hits it.
2. Even when I came to this forum and asked questions, I was told that yes, rehaut on vsf is not as good as clean. And this is noticeable in the comparative photos of clean vs vsf
3. Open any vsf and gen comparison video or any photo (even chrono24) and you can see how the rehaut on gen shines 360 degrees, while vsf will be gray or only one side where the sun hits will shine.
4. There are constantly posts about polishing rehaut on vsf to give it a shine and make it look like gen.
5. Yes, I don't understand anything about watches, but I have eyes and I can see the difference in some details. Or do you want to tell me now that just all gen and clean are photographed so successfully that the whole rehaut glitters, and all vsf are shot so unsuccessfully (even when two watches are lying next to each other) that its rehaut is gray or only one side glitters?))
6. A bunch of people write that rehaut vsf is gray sh*t
P.S. I realized a long time ago that there is a vsf fan forum here, because clean is not even discussed here) And the fans pretend that they don't see any problems (and then they sit and polish rehaut xD) vsf sub is a great watch, I really like them, but their rehaut looks bad. Just like complete sh*t their double protective clasp

Reactions: engbanna1

hendric

The art of time
Certified
18/10/19
Europe
Peace guys, my Clean 126610LV will be on its way soon so I'll compare the CF rehaut to my VSF and a gen at the AD.🍿

Reactions: Hovisbap

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
1. Not so long ago I was able to find 126619lb in the store. And yes, rehaut on gen is completely different, shiny, when on vsf it is gray matte and glitters only if very bright sun hits it.
2. Even when I came to this forum and asked questions, I was told that yes, rehaut on vsf is not as good as clean. And this is noticeable in the comparative photos of clean vs vsf
3. Open any vsf and gen comparison video or any photo (even chrono24) and you can see how the rehaut on gen shines 360 degrees, while vsf will be gray or only one side where the sun hits will shine.
4. There are constantly posts about polishing rehaut on vsf to give it a shine and make it look like gen.
5. Yes, I don't understand anything about watches, but I have eyes and I can see the difference in some details. Or do you want to tell me now that just all gen and clean are photographed so successfully that the whole rehaut glitters, and all vsf are shot so unsuccessfully (even when two watches are lying next to each other) that its rehaut is gray or only one side glitters?))
6. A bunch of people write that rehaut vsf is gray sh*t
P.S. I realized a long time ago that there is a vsf fan forum here, because clean is not even discussed here) And the fans pretend that they don't see any problems (and then they sit and polish rehaut xD) vsf sub is a great watch, I really like them, but their rehaut looks bad. Just like complete sh*t their double protective clasp
VSF vs GEN Hulk, I would tell you AD lightning plays a big role.

Is there a difference? Yes, there should be a difference I guess given price points.

Is it noticeable, or a big deal? I don’t think so, but each on their own.

hendric

The art of time
Certified
18/10/19
Europe
Someone recently proposed the idea that VSF and CF are perhaps stealth initiatives of the gen factory aimed at raising their profits. I doubt it, but it's a fresh perspective...😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevstah

DzR-ALF

21/3/23
Russian Federation
Is there a difference? Yes, there should be a difference I guess given price points.
in fact, for me personally, the biggest difference is visible when you look at the clock from above in the center, and not at an angle. That's when rehaut gen will shine on all edges, and vsf will be gray matte.
But everyone takes photos from the side with direct sunlight on the rehaut. Naturally, it will then shine))

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
in fact, for me personally, the biggest difference is visible when you look at the clock from above in the center, and not at an angle. That's when rehaut gen will shine on all edges, and vsf will be gray matte.
But everyone takes photos from the side with direct sunlight on the rehaut. Naturally, it will then shine))
When you look from above?
Like this? Not under sunlight?

I agree, dull, grey, can barely read it!

hendric

The art of time
Certified
18/10/19
Europe
Please... don't we have enough images of the rehaut now?
Okay, here are a view more from my VSF 126610LN. 😂
Bottom left is lamp light in the evening. The other ones are daylight on a cloudy day. iPhone X.
Different light, different result.

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
Looks like you got a bad one @DzR-ALF, my photo is overclouded, in the back of my camper van, and crappy Motorola phone pic. My black one (another VSF 126610) is even better than my Starbucks, it's at least as good as my Clean GMT Master 2.

Like I said a while back there are good and bad batches in replicas just like in gens.