• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MASSIVE Review of VSF 126610LV vs Gen (WARNING! Absolute torrential bombardment of photos)

banyairicsi

Getting To Know The Place
15/7/22
Hungary
Super comparison!
Maybe you can take a picture of the crown on the crystal at 6 o'clock?
How big can the difference be?

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Super comparison!
Maybe you can take a picture of the crown on the crystal at 6 o'clock?
How big can the difference be?
Unfortunately I don't have the gen to compare with me, that was a one time lucky experience. But as far as I know, VSF has nailed that aspect :)

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
I think on a sub
gen insert is a must, so far reps have dull paint and modders have too bright paint.
Is like no one can replicate the gen spec paint effect.

@kennygconspiracy experience wise, your bezel mod would you say it brings it up to gen level?
It’s the only thing keeping me from using ceramic reps without the gen bezel insert.

Last edited:

DzR-ALF

21/3/23
Russian Federation
Friends, tell me who has the best bezel color now, vsf or clean? I am interested in the dark green "starbucks", not the light "kermit".
I hope the factories haven't started producing the new light bezel 2023 yet...

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
I think on a sub
gen insert is a must, so far reps have dull paint and modders have too bright paint.
Is like no one can replicate the gen spec paint effect.

@kennygconspiracy experience wise, your bezel mod would you say it brings it up to gen level?
It’s the only thing keeping me from using ceramic reps without the gen bezel insert.
I wouldn't go as far as to say gen level, gen will always be gen. I would always shoot for a gen insert if you can swing it!

Reactions: Kack 13L0CK3R

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Friends, tell me who has the best bezel color now, vsf or clean? I am interested in the dark green "starbucks", not the light "kermit".
I hope the factories haven't started producing the new light bezel 2023 yet...
I would go with the current Q6 serial iteration

Reactions: Mm..mm

watchgeek41

26/3/13
I wanted to share my experience. I recently was able to purchase a gen 126610LV from my local AD. I’ve been wearing the pre-raid VSF LV for about a year. Yes, the VSF is a fantastic rep for the money. However, it’s difficult to put into words how much nicer the gen is. I know, duh, of course it’s nicer for 20x the cost. I just wanted to share that photos comparing the 2 do NOT do the gen enough justice. Everything about the watch is perfect. It has so much presence to it. The feel of the bracelet, clasp, micro adjust, bezel, etc is worlds above the VSF. The white gold hands behind the gen crystal is probably the most striking visual difference I’ve noticed, they’re much more yellow. It’s night and day. The bezel numerals are also another significant difference IRL. You find yourself just staring at the watch. Again, this is hard to describe, but once you handle a gen there is no going back. I don’t think I’ll ever buy a rep again, at least one that hasn’t been modded with gen parts. Anyone want to buy a pre-raid VSF LV?:ROFLMAO: Thanks!

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
I wanted to share my experience. I recently was able to purchase a gen 126610LV from my local AD. I’ve been wearing the pre-raid VSF LV for about a year. Yes, the VSF is a fantastic rep for the money. However, it’s difficult to put into words how much nicer the gen is. I know, duh, of course it’s nicer for 20x the cost. I just wanted to share that photos comparing the 2 do NOT do the gen enough justice. Everything about the watch is perfect. It has so much presence to it. The feel of the bracelet, clasp, micro adjust, bezel, etc is worlds above the VSF. The white gold hands behind the gen crystal is probably the most striking visual difference I’ve noticed, they’re much more yellow. It’s night and day. The bezel numerals are also another significant difference IRL. You find yourself just staring at the watch. Again, this is hard to describe, but once you handle a gen there is no going back. I don’t think I’ll ever buy a rep again, at least one that hasn’t been modded with gen parts. Anyone want to buy a pre-raid VSF LV?:ROFLMAO: Thanks!
Agreed, gen will always be gen. I try to capture as much nuance as possible in my deeper dive reviews, from optics to literal screw and construction variances. I'm delighted that you got the gen. I hope it lasts you a lifetime. Best wishes!

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
of course it’s nicer for 20x the cost.
And the rest.
My VSF 126610LV, £430. Serviced and regulated to +/- 3s a day. And water pressure tested to 6 bar .. enough.
The cheapest gen I can find available today, £13800.
= >32x the cost!

My VSF c/w apparently not well enough polished rehaut ;)

Last edited:

Powerfluff

Getting To Know The Place
27/2/21
gen hands look slimmer.

And no the VSF hands are not all steel. It is brass and plated.