• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MASSIVE Review of VSF 126610LV vs Gen (WARNING! Absolute torrential bombardment of photos)

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Great review & comparison. Thank you very much for your time and effort!
😄🍻
How about the Bracelet and Clasp against the gen in Comparison?
I will include more on this another time, good question. In terms of feel, VSF is quite similar except for tolerances. The VSF feels more jangly and the brushing is less pronounced on the VSF. Shots to come later!

Radiomir369

Getting To Know The Place
11/4/15
Germany
Great comparison - thanks a lot!

Would be super nice if you could evaluate the bezel - how are the outside teeth in regard to haptic?

Smooth in touch like gen or more sharp?

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Great comparison - thanks a lot!

Would be super nice if you could evaluate the bezel - how are the outside teeth in regard to haptic?

Smooth in touch like gen or more sharp?
Thank you! The bezel detent is very tight on the gen, and the knurlings are sharp. It's a lot duller on the VSF. The gen has zero bezel shifting. There is also some squish or "give" to the gen bezel, and I believe this is due to the ceramic ball bearings underneath. You get two different sounds from the gen.

When it is not pressed downward but you rotate, it sounds closer to a CF/ZZF bezel

When it is pressed downward and you rotate, it sounds closer to the VSF bezel

The VSF rotation has some give, but it did not have any squish to it. An early VSF flaw was the loose or weak/soft hytrel ring, that led to bezels falling off.

I remember swapping one on a 126613LN to a ZZF V2 ring and it was nice and tight.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Note: a CF/ZZF bezel rotation has a "pinging" or higher "ting ting" sound, like sharp metal points running across a groove.

The VSF sounds much flatter and deeper like the gen when pressed downward.

Reactions: dsk2004

Goldsimba1989

13/6/21
Great great great overview🤗🤗🤗😘

Thanks a lot!

Wondering if the bezel has been updated
Here my new QC
Watch is already on its way to me- haha for 2 weeks hope it arrives soon.

Is it just wishful thinking or do the numbers look lighter- more gen like now?

code_66

29/7/19
Amazing sir, thank you for putting in the effort and sharing with us, truly appreciated!
Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones!

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Great great great overview🤗🤗🤗😘

Thanks a lot!

Wondering if the bezel has been updated
Here my new QC
Watch is already on its way to me- haha for 2 weeks hope it arrives soon.

Is it just wishful thinking or do the numbers look lighter- more gen like now?
The QC looks awesome brother! My sample is from over a year ago, so they definitely may have updated it! 😄🍻 Please share photos when you get it on hand!

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Amazing sir, thank you for putting in the effort and sharing with us, truly appreciated!
Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones!
Thank you ever so much! That made my heart soar, I appreciate it! My warmest and kindest regards to you and your loved ones as well 😄🍻

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Great review. Without a loupe, side by side, what do you think is the biggest tell?
Excellent question. For me, based on the review, it would be a tie between the cyclops and the rehaut. It's really easy to tell a rep these days because the rehaut is dull and not polished. But also, the cyclops on the gen has a completely different hue. These are still nitpicks though.

If I had to check from a glance on someone's wrist, I would check for rehaut polish. And that's if you had no time to examine at all. Just a glance. The shine or dullness will tell nicely and from a relative wrist level distance and within a few seconds.

But that is just me personally. Others might notice the numerals, or the white gold hand difference.

Good question.

Reactions: xj963963

jacky.hung1

10/10/12
Thank you for so much for this in-depth reply. It is not everyday where a fellow hobbist gets their hands on a gen for comparison.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Thank you for so much for this in-depth reply. It is not everyday where a fellow hobbist gets their hands on a gen for comparison.
My pleasure! And that's absolutely true, got to give back to the community whenever you can!!