• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MASSIVE Review of VSF 126610LV vs Gen (WARNING! Absolute torrential bombardment of photos)

Mudder

8/9/20
Love it, I seldomly wear mine because of the less pronounced taper of the bracelet compared to the previous iteration but still nice to see that no one could catch the vsf in everyday life.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

2blue2day

Getting To Know The Place
10/8/22
Thank you so much for this deep dive comparison, it's a good idea IMO to skip Rolex insane preowned program after reading this post.

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Thank you for the review. Greatly appreciated. Reconfirms my thoughts that VSF did an amazing job with the Sub 41 line

MFK100

Watchaholic !
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
One of the best write ups i’ve seen in a while. VSF is super close and the flaws pointed out are not major and definitely can be modded or upgraded in newer versions to a certain extent . This is coming from a gen collector who also likes to experiment with reps and frankens . Your inputs adds a lot to our knowledge and thanks a lot for that.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
One of the best write ups i’ve seen in a while. VSF is super close and the flaws pointed out are not major and definitely can be modded or upgraded in newer versions to a certain extent . This is coming from a gen collector who also likes to experiment with reps and frankens . Your inputs adds a lot to our knowledge and thanks a lot for that.
Thank you, that means so much to me! 🍻🙇

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Update:

The latest batch (Q6 serial) has some movement differences from the 2R batch (pre raid). Most notably, the datewheel can now be manually made to be stuck between dates, as per gen. Also, winding is now similar to VR3235 than gen, so winding on the 2R is more akin to gen.

This may very well be a VR/VS hybrid. Balance assembly looks VSF but winding and datewheel action is similar to VR. All else VSF.

Bezel is still duller compared to gen, so there has been no update there. Compared it to my 2R and it is the same. No access to gen currently as my friend is traveling out of the country.

Reactions: ktan89 and AG91

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19

Speaking of tint, here is a 116655 with a brown/purple haze of a tint as seen on the gen shown here. Batches do differ in both gen and rep, so my thoughts are we shouldn't worry about tint. VSF is gen spec in my books!

tgeel22

6/2/23
Spain
@kennygconspiracy which Bezel do you recommend? Would you swap this bezel for any other one?

Where and how can I check if mine is the Q6 batch? Would it say Q6XXXX in the rehaut?

Javi23

17/8/14
USA
What are the franken possibilities with these latest VSF subs? I'm curious to know which Gen parts can be added. Any insights will be appreciated.