• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MASSIVE Review of VSF 126610LV vs Gen (WARNING! Absolute torrential bombardment of photos)

jkent83

Certified
3/1/22
Oregon
As a proud owner and huge fan of a VSF, it is always nice to see it stand up so well to the real deal. Thank you so much for the detailed and meticulous work.

One post like this is more helpful to most people than a hundred forum thread posts arguing about barely perceptible differences. What is it they say? “A picture is worth a thousand words.”

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Spectacular effort bro, really great pics and angles. I agree a big tell is the cyclops, the VSF having that unfortunate edge distortion. SEL mid link step up is also slight too but overall this is a rep that everyone should strive to have at least one of. Black, green or blue, you can't go wrong. Super thread!

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
As a proud owner and huge fan of a VSF, it is always nice to see it stand up so well to the real deal. Thank you so much for the detailed and meticulous work.

One post like this is more helpful to most people than a hundred forum thread posts arguing about barely perceptible differences. What is it they say? “A picture is worth a thousand words.”
Couldn't agree with you more mate! Really appreciate your kind words and approval for the hard work that went into making this happen! 🙂💚

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Spectacular effort bro, really great pics and angles. I agree a big tell is the cyclops, the VSF having that unfortunate edge distortion. SEL mid link step up is also slight too but overall this is a rep that everyone should strive to have at least one of. Black, green or blue, you can't go wrong. Super thread!
Thank you as always big bro KJ! Means a lot coming from someone I look up to. And of course, your comments and insight are very enlightening as well. Definitely agree, it's a model and factory that you can't go wrong with!

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Amazing write up , those photos are incredible to showcase the finer details. Kudos & thank you!

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Thank you as always big bro KJ! Means a lot coming from someone I look up to. And of course, your comments and insight are very enlightening as well. Definitely agree, it's a model and factory that you can't go wrong with!
Amazing write up , those photos are incredible to showcase the finer details. Kudos & thank you!

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video
Why thank you, handsome devil lol 😆

Appreciate the warm support! The finer details was exactly what I was shooting for with my ancient OnePlus 6 phone.

PHutch

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/1/20
Threads like this is what makes RWI what it is today with all the good knowledge shared. Bravo 👏

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
There is also some squish or "give" to the gen bezel, and I believe this is due to the ceramic ball bearings underneath.

Sorry to say, but there is no ceramic ball bearings, they are metall ball springs on the Gen.😉

masterpiece777

Renowned Member
17/6/19
EUROPE
@kennygconspiracy thanks for all the effort and the picture this is really nice to read and see how close the rep game have come!🙏🙏

but do you know how we can polish the Rehout I have asked a couple moeders/watchmakers and they told me they would not do such things because it’s easy that the rehout will vanished while polishing.
and to me this is also something I can spot easily on the wrist from a little distance.

DevilishRogue

Do not accept unsolicited offers
29/4/20
Great great great overview🤗🤗🤗😘

Thanks a lot!

Wondering if the bezel has been updated
Here my new QC
Watch is already on its way to me- haha for 2 weeks hope it arrives soon.

Is it just wishful thinking or do the numbers look lighter- more gen like now?
Much as KennyG's magnum opus is incredibly useful and really eye opening, with the old VSF no longer available comparisons between gen and the new VSF are what I'd really like to see.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Much as KennyG's magnum opus is incredibly useful and really eye opening, with the old VSF no longer available comparisons between gen and the new VSF are what I'd really like to see.
Very astute observation good sir! Haha aye I would like to see folks share shots of the most recent silent updated VSF LV with Q6 serial (or otherwise) to see how things have either improved (or worsened, we know how the game goes)

Thank you for the kind words as well 🙂

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
@kennygconspiracy thanks for all the effort and the picture this is really nice to read and see how close the rep game have come!🙏🙏

but do you know how we can polish the Rehout I have asked a couple moeders/watchmakers and they told me they would not do such things because it’s easy that the rehout will vanished while polishing.
and to me this is also something I can spot easily on the wrist from a little distance.
I'll PM you some ideas so you can start small or slowly, and not risk that 🙂👍

• Love
Reactions: masterpiece777

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
There is also some squish or "give" to the gen bezel, and I believe this is due to the ceramic ball bearings underneath.

Sorry to say, but there is no ceramic ball bearings, they are metall ball springs on the Gen.😉
Ah! Happy to learn, appreciate you correcting me on that 🍻