• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MASSIVE Review of VSF 126610LV vs Gen (WARNING! Absolute torrential bombardment of photos)

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
nice to see that they have upgraded the green bezel color

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
Yes, now we can always say: they changed the color, they change things all the time ;)
BTW, there is only one real gen, and that is the first prototype of the watch. All others are replicas.
That's a point of view I would have never considered haha

Reactions: hendric

Rolex_Master

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/11/16
Europe
I say my favor to everyone but especially to newbies

Do not compare reps with gens in 20x or 10x photos looking for differences that are difficult to detect even in macro photographs.

In real life, already at a distance of 1m or even less, grasping some differences has become impossible, the wrist moves, the shadows, the lights, the reflections and you certainly cannot ask (or do not ask yourself) to observe with the monocle the 'clock.
In addition, perhaps not even 1% of the world's population is able to recognize a gen without a shadow of a doubt even when holding it in their hand.

At the end of the game, if there are no obvious defects compared to the gen (and you just need to buy reps of a certain level, not the cheap ones) you can be sure that all the mental blowjobs made with 10x photos disappear instantly.

If we then talk about insurmountable personal annoyances in the micro differences of the reps compared to the gens, we are talking about a different point of view to which there is only one solution.
Buy the gen.

Greetings

Iceballer

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
19/7/23
EU
I say my favor to everyone but especially to newbies

Do not compare reps with gens in 20x or 10x photos looking for differences that are difficult to detect even in macro photographs.

In real life, already at a distance of 1m or even less, grasping some differences has become impossible, the wrist moves, the shadows, the lights, the reflections and you certainly cannot ask (or do not ask yourself) to observe with the monocle the 'clock.
In addition, perhaps not even 1% of the world's population is able to recognize a gen without a shadow of a doubt even when holding it in their hand.

At the end of the game, if there are no obvious defects compared to the gen (and you just need to buy reps of a certain level, not the cheap ones) you can be sure that all the mental blowjobs made with 10x photos disappear instantly.

If we then talk about insurmountable personal annoyances in the micro differences of the reps compared to the gens, we are talking about a different point of view to which there is only one solution.
Buy the gen.

Greetings

You're 100% right.. And I'm happy the nitpicking on RWI is less than on Reddit, where every flaw or detail is nitpicked on. And which results in wearers who are overly cautious when wearing their rep and are afraid that they'll get caught by someone.. Just because the lugs are 1mm smaller than gen. No way in hell you are able to see that on a wrist, even with a gen next to it (almost ;)). What you said, buy good quality reps and no one will see the difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: JASPER18

spieletester

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/8/23
Absolutely stunning review. Thanks!
Hope you will.do more such awesome reviews :)

Ridaye

Do not accept unsolicited offers
19/8/23
Thanks for this review, and discussion, help me a lot to choose fr my first rep, mostly 126610 lv.
If I understand nowadays clean is a little better than VSF right?

nothingwasthesame

Getting To Know The Place
8/3/15
EU
Final thoughts

Despite being put through the gauntlet in overly picky and micro aspects between gen and rep, the VSF proved it had earned the right to stand as one of the best reps of all time.

The VSF 126610LV gets a 9/10!

This was an incredible honor and opportunity to showcase how far reps have come, and I look forward to everyone's thoughts and comments here in this thread.

Thank you for reading this far and for giving me a home to review and share information.

RWI ROCKS! 🍻
Thanks for a interesting and very well written review 👍🏻

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

PhilippPzy

Certified
3/12/18
Germany
Beautiful pictures mate. Thank you so much for the comparison. I also made a video comparison between those two. It's really scary. Might be also interesting for you.

Reactions: wherewatch

Orthopod

Known Member
Patron
Certified
5/7/23
usa
Amazing writeup and discussion. Nitpicking over the small details is nuts, these watches are amazing replicas. At 50 years old, eyesight changes a bit, and subtle differences dont matter.

We have 5 GEn rolexes, and lines up to the reps I have bought, its impossible to pick out genuines. I had a friend try to pick out the genuines, and he was 50/50

thanks again for the time in making this thread!!

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Krimson

We are all time travelers.
6/9/23
By the way, I wonder why I have never seen such an incredibly beautiful picture of a Clean or VSF like this picture of the gen 126610LV. Once I get my Clean, I'm going to see if I can take a picture of this quality with the Clean as well. Maybe it's just the camera, good lighting, and some skillful Photoshop work.
-source
Rolex-Submariner-126610LV-019.jpg
By the way, I wonder why I have never seen such an incredibly beautiful picture of a Clean or VSF like this picture of the gen 126610LV. Once I get my Clean, I'm going to see if I can take a picture of this quality with the Clean as well. Maybe it's just the camera, good lighting, and some skillful Photoshop work.
-source
Rolex-Submariner-126610LV-019.jpg
Im going to tell you why : for the same reason you never see a real woman look like the ones you see in VOGUE magazine ( no offense ladies )

Apart of being a gen . ( which really is not the main factor here ) the main factor is that you have a professional photographer that is probably using 20k plus worth of equipment with a lifetime of experience in lighting and retouching in order to create this image. I mean a VSf ReP would of looked just as nice in here done by the same photographer and studio.

REALITY DOESNT LOOK LIKE THAT I don’t care what the subject matter is.

Orthopod

Known Member
Patron
Certified
5/7/23
usa
Im going to tell you why : for the same reason you never see a real woman look like the ones you see in VOGUE magazine ( no offense ladies )

Apart of being a gen . ( which really is not the main factor here ) the main factor is that you have a professional photographer that is probably using 20k plus worth of equipment with a lifetime of experience in lighting and retouching in order to create this image. I mean a VSf ReP would of looked just as nice in here done by the same photographer and studio.

REALITY DOESNT LOOK LIKE THAT I don’t care what the subject matter is.
That’s a fantastic response. Yeah, that picture you posted is ideal lighting conditions, zero reflection, whatsoever, and amazing post processing.

The picture may be fantasy, but I’d much rather play with the real thing, then to look at pretty pictures all day

Reactions: Krimson

hendric

The art of time
Certified
18/10/19
Europe
Yeah, that picture you posted is ideal lighting conditions, zero reflection, whatsoever, and amazing post processing.
I agree. As an amateur photographer and Photoshop expert, I was a bit surprised that trusted dealers don't also take these types of professional photos. But that is probably not necessary and without these kinds of photos they sell enough.
And there are also a lot of models, that’s too much work.

Reactions: Krimson

Krimson

We are all time travelers.
6/9/23
I agree. As an amateur photographer and Photoshop expert, I was a bit surprised that trusted dealers don't also take these types of professional photos. But that is probably not necessary and without these kinds of photos they sell enough.
And there are also a lot of models, that’s too much work.
I’ll tell you what … I’m happy they don’t , I hate to buy from those type of beautiful pictures for my reasons posted above , it is almost like buying blind sided , because you will be disappointed when you actually get the physical product purchased under the marketing of a “surreal “ manicured and exceptionally beautiful image. I want to see what it actually looks like under regular lighting conditions and with no makeup, you being a photographer you already know we are being deceived to a certain extreme already by the lens , next time you are close to your watch just grab your phone (not even your Canon) and move around it with the camera and then look at it with the naked eye , look how much nicer it looks through that lens. There is nothing like buying in person , but then again that could be impossible in these situations, so I guess a regular photo will have to do :)

hendric

The art of time
Certified
18/10/19
Europe
I want to see what it actually looks like under regular lighting conditions and with no makeup
Product photography is an interesting topic. Because it can also work the other way around. Sometimes, conveying the beauty and the x-factor of a product (or a person) in a photo is challenging. This is not only seen with watches but also with items like cars and houses. And indeed, with people too. Some new cars, when first seen in a photo, might seem underwhelming, no matter how beautifully the photo has been taken and edited. Yet, when you see it in person on the street, the impression is entirely different and you're completely amazed. And as you already mentioned, sometimes it indeed works the other way around.