• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KW PAM292-O Ceramic - [ QC pics allowed ] *******

ChadD2

Known Member
15/7/14
Mine came today.

I ordered a couple of PVD Rad screws from PANATIME. Any experience with those screws? I hope they fit...

Looks really close to my untrained eye.
DSC_0124.JPG

ChadD2

Known Member
15/7/14
Is it just me or is the "RADIOMIR BLACK SEAL" font a touch too large?

pdnb

13/9/08
ok....owners, either way the crown looks very good, but is it ceramic or dlc?

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Mine came today.

I ordered a couple of PVD Rad screws from PANATIME. Any experience with those screws? I hope they fit...

The watch looks great, but I am surprised that a TD would send this watch out with a missing screw and a chip on the watch. Those things should have been obvious from a quick QC check. You might want to send the pictures to the TD and ask for a replacement watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
I don't see the chip, but sending it back for a screw? If you're willing to get in this game, you have to be willing to deal with some fudges. Not saying it's OK, but there are much worse things to deal with. As a good friend of mine says, "there are no solutions in life -- only trade-offs"-- that's the world of reps my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
And QC merely confirms that the watch you ordered is the watch they're sending -- not that the lume is perfect, bezel and date align correctly or that it has been dusted with virgin pubic hair. You may expect that, and they may be willing to trade product, but the true meaning of QC from their perspective would not be the same as ours as western consumers.

elmerpr

Horology Curious
16/12/13
I don't see the chip, but sending it back for a screw? If you're willing to get in this game, you have to be willing to deal with some fudges. Not saying it's OK, but there are much worse things to deal with. As a good friend of mine says, "there are no solutions in life -- only trade-offs"-- that's the world of reps my friend.

I won't send it back for the screw. I ordered a couple of Rad screws from PANATIME.

elmerpr

Horology Curious
16/12/13
The watch looks great, but I am surprised that a TD would send this watch out with a missing screw and a chip on the watch. Those things should have been obvious from a quick QC check. You might want to send the pictures to the TD and ask for a replacement watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sead don't do QP even though I asked. This time he was gentle and sent me a tracking number. The watch came without a screw. The chipped fragment was an accident by me changing straps. I think It is not suppose to happen, provided ceramic is a hard material.

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Sead don't do QP even though I asked. This time he was gentle and sent me a tracking number. The watch came without a screw. The chipped fragment was an accident by me changing straps. I think It is not suppose to happen, provided ceramic is a hard material.

Weird but i just got 2 pams from Sead and he did get me qc pictures though quality of the pics aren't really great. Perhaps some miscommunication? What i've learnt on dealing with Sead is, don't ask too many questions in an email. He usually responds in a short one liner lol.

elmerpr

Horology Curious
16/12/13
Ceramic is brittle, so yes it will prevent scratches, but it will chip easier.

Good to know! It is the impression I have of the material: a nice dressy material and watches not so suitable for hard work. The pam 292 looks very elegant. I never thought I where going to like it but it has a great wrist presence.

ChadD2

Known Member
15/7/14
Im placing my order tonight. Also grabbing an army green nato strap with black hardware to go with it. Cant wait.

ChadD2

Known Member
15/7/14
This is the asian 6497 correct? My Noob 372 has been super dependable and accurate.

Flashbolt987

1/3/15
For those who have this, have the screws stayed put if you don't do strap change? Or will some low strength loctite be needed?

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
For those who have this, have the screws stayed put if you don't do strap change? Or will some low strength loctite be needed?

I would still use the loctite. Its kind of like a pistol -- better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. In my book, that goes for all wire lugged Radiomirs. If you do it right the first time, you'll thank yourself later.

Flashbolt987

1/3/15
Fair enough, I didn't plan to do strap changes so didn't want to mess with taking out the screws for no reason. However, if it's better to just throw some purple loctite in there, I can do so.