• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KW PAM292-O Ceramic - [ QC pics allowed ] *******

dilodoli

I'm Pretty Popular
19/5/14
Wow mate, you legend! Thanks for that, really appreciate it! [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

no problem :D
because of your pics, i am contacting my TD right now:giggle:
i need a ceramic pam to fill my watchbox and donerix strap too.
:sFun_mischieviousbi

mr_hercules

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/15
no problem :D
because of your pics, i am contacting my TD right now:giggle:
i need a ceramic pam to fill my watchbox and donerix strap too.
:sFun_mischieviousbi
Awesome! One word of warning is that the movement ticks very loudly. It's actually very noticeable, but I'm guessing it's to do with the case material or solid caseback as my 111 is quiet and has the same movement.

Also, the crown is deep deep black whereas the case is a charcoal-black. Gen looks charcoal-black on the crown also. Again, the color differences between crown and case are very noticeable.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Awesome! One word of warning is that the movement ticks very loudly. It's actually very noticeable, but I'm guessing it's to do with the case material or solid caseback as my 111 is quiet and has the same movement.

Also, the crown is deep deep black whereas the case is a charcoal-black. Gen looks charcoal-black on the crown also. Again, the color differences between crown and case are very noticeable.

Interesting about the crown color, it did not look much darker on pics.

mr_hercules

15/3/15
Yeah, doesn't show up really on pics. It's quite a shiny black on the crown, a bit deeper than the dial. Really the case is more like a graphite black and very very matte

mr_hercules

15/3/15
Interesting about the crown color, it did not look much darker on pics.
Might be able to see better on this picture, had to put the flash on.

f7095744a9e952192b98bcb2f69dd3ca.jpg

See how things look different in the pictures, the dial text looks pure white here but it's cream in real life...

dilodoli

I'm Pretty Popular
19/5/14
Might be able to see better on this picture, had to put the flash on.

f7095744a9e952192b98bcb2f69dd3ca.jpg

See how things look different in the pictures, the dial text looks pure white here but it's cream in real life...
That picture explain it clearly. The coated crown have a noticeable kind of black. How is it under the sunlight? Is it better (blend in with the case colour) or even more noticable?

mr_hercules

15/3/15
That picture explain it clearly. The coated crown have a noticeable kind of black. How is it under the sunlight? Is it better (blend in with the case colour) or even more noticable?
As you may know we didn't get much sunlight today lol, but in ambient lighting it stands out. Don't think it's terrible, just noticeable

dilodoli

I'm Pretty Popular
19/5/14
Well, hopefully england will be sunny tomorrow. So we can see how it's look :D
Maybe a good strap combo will somehow 'hide' the flaw
Or just wear it on the right wrist. So your sleeve will cover the crown [emoji13]

mr_hercules

15/3/15
Well, hopefully england will be sunny tomorrow. So we can see how it's look :D
Maybe a good strap combo will somehow 'hide' the flaw
Or just wear it on the right wrist. So your sleeve will cover the crown [emoji13]
Ha yeah, I don't mind it too much, but I think it is a genuine problem against gen. I have a tan asso on the way so will see how that looks

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Since the KW-V6Fac Crown is made of SS DLC coated is prone to variations of colour and shine (depending on the DLC process conditions).
I have heard from some owners than the Crown was matte enough like the case, but we can also see by above pics that crown seems black and a little shiny

ALE

dilodoli

I'm Pretty Popular
19/5/14
well, who knows wht the factory are doing.
i'll post the QC as soon as i received it to make sure there is no 2 version of 292.
Thank for the info ALE

fallraen

4/4/10
wish the crown was made of the same material so it wouldnt change colour or result in any variation. :(

ChadD2

Known Member
15/7/14
So what do you guys think about my QC pics? Think the shine on the crown is too strong? Any other feedback appreciated! Wait. is this the correct version even? MINE HAS A PIG!?

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

image2.JPG

image1.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG