• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Iwc 3714 zf

Snipster22

Getting To Know The Place
28/11/14
what exactly do you mean by that?

It is picky I know but.... look at the horizontal section of the number 4 and line it up with the marker for the 15 seconds in the "seconds at 6" chronograph. You will see it isn't quite straight (slants downwards from right to left).

ZF had the same problem with the 5001, particularly on the blue and white version. This was the main thing which let it down visually in my opinion.

Tichymeloun

5/1/14
It is picky I know but.... look at the horizontal section of the number 4 and line it up with the marker for the 15 seconds in the "seconds at 6" chronograph. You will see it isn't quite straight (slants downwards from right to left).

ZF had the same problem with the 5001, particularly on the blue and white version. This was the main thing which let it down visually in my opinion.

No, it's not picky at all...the only problem is, that it will be case by case anyway, some pieces will be ok, some won't so we will have to wait for qc pics anyway:-(

Snipster22

28/11/14
No, it's not picky at all...the only problem is, that it will be case by case anyway, some pieces will be ok, some won't so we will have to wait for qc pics anyway:-(

Agreed - anyone who bites the bullet please let us know!

Patsanchik

Renowned Member
21/3/15
Canada

Could go SWF instead.

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
So many options. I'm partial the black dial as well. Case construction as per gen is important to me at least, specially if I venture in a franken later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snipster22

28/11/14

QBalance156

25/8/07
Those two look identical! Usually, I am able to distinguish between the latest 3 factories based on differences in bezel shape, screw on bezel, caseback font style, dial subdial depth, AR coating, and crown size. The two links you provided seem like the same watch. However, Puretime does seem to carry the white dial with gold numerals from all 3 factories - SWF, JJF, ZF.

Snipster22

28/11/14
Those two look identical! Usually, I am able to distinguish between the latest 3 factories based on differences in bezel shape, screw on bezel, caseback font style, dial subdial depth, AR coating, and crown size. The two links you provided seem like the same watch. However, Puretime does seem to carry the white dial with gold numerals from all 3 factories - SWF, JJF, ZF.

Its a nightmare in relation to the white and blue. Can anyone shed any light?

Cheers

Kornsoup

11/2/16
I'm hazarding a guess here, the one released in 1st December is ZF version. You can tell by the bezel screws are not as deep when comparing with the watch in released in29th Oct. But you should just email Puretime.

Snipster22

28/11/14
I'm hazarding a guess here, the one released in 1st December is ZF version. You can tell by the bezel screws are not as deep when comparing with the watch in released in29th Oct. But you should just email Puretime.

Cheers. Agreed on the screws point.

Have done - still waiting for a response

leechers

1/4/16
Is the blue portuguese worth getting from ZF or SWF? I'm really torn between the 3714 with blue markers and the XVI

leechers

1/4/16
My answer: Yes. But I'm biased because 3714 is my grail watch :p

The only thing i'm worried about is the dial and the reliability of the movement. The XVI is flawess in terms of a rep. Do you have a 3714 by any chance?