• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Iwc 3714 zf

Kornsoup

Getting To Know The Place
11/2/16
Here's mine with GEN dial. GEN hands are coming but to be honest the color difference between GEN gold and REP gold doesn't bother me as much as I had anticipated.

YipvHg.jpg

iceman767

Known Member
20/10/12
Yours looks great. Did you also replace the tachymeter ring?

The Gen dial makes a real difference.
I purchased my rep back in 2013 from in time. It failed within a couple of months

So I sent it off to Domi for an AR on the dial and a movement mod.
The movement mod was excellent. Since 2013 I wear it at least once /twice a week.

PR is over 42 hrs and accuracy is quite good. Excellent modifications from DOMI.

However, I simply couldn't get over the rep dial compared to the GEN.

So last week I gave in to the itch and picked up the Gen brand new from an IWC Boutique.

The Gen is an excellent piece and a delight to wear. The dial and the light play reflection is awesome.

QBalance156

25/8/07
Looks beautiful with the gen dial [MENTION=120799]Kornsoup[/MENTION]. When you swapped out the dial, did you get a chance to confirm if the ZF movement has the new sec @6 gear path like Kennycoder saw on his SWF?

Kornsoup

11/2/16
Nope, I didn't feel the need to get GEN tachy ring. Kudos to ZF, they've got the silver color of the dial and Tachy pretty close to GEN (except being too overly glossy). The your GEN is stunning. I'll definitely get a GEN someday.

Kornsoup

11/2/16
Looks beautiful with the gen dial @Kornsoup. When you swapped out the dial, did you get a chance to confirm if the ZF movement has the new sec @6 gear path like Kennycoder saw on his SWF?

Sorry, I didn't get to the gear train part. I can only tell that the top plate looks like Kennycoder's SWF. As for Power reserve, I didn't test it but it surpasses my old timebomb sec@6 (which stops around 18 hours)

iceman767

Known Member
20/10/12
Nope, I didn't feel the need to get GEN tachy ring. Kudos to ZF, they've got the silver color of the dial and Tachy pretty close to GEN (except being too overly glossy). The your GEN is stunning. I'll definitely get a GEN someday.
Thanks Kornsoup. I'd certainly recommend the blue numerals and hands for when u go gen much more sporty since you've got the gold numerals

Gold numerals =dressy
Blue numeral = sporty

My collections

70164b4fb8ef96c16e7aa24c152e5ad9.jpg

Best pair would of course be both
808526436e1b36381bb3cfa06b1ccf8c.jpg

QBalance156

25/8/07
I'm trying to make my final decision between SWF and ZF. I now have a gen dial on the way, so the biggest visual difference I can see is that ZF has a more gen-like AR. I could always send out the SWF crystal for re-coating, but another idea is to swap in a gen crystal to the SWF. [MENTION=52616]iceman767[/MENTION], [MENTION=99047]BadSamaritan[/MENTION], and [MENTION=50735]kennycoder[/MENTION], can I ask you guys for a HUGE favor? If you have calipers, would you mind measuring the diameters of your crystals? [MENTION=52616]iceman767[/MENTION], you are the lucky one with a gen, and [MENTION=99047]BadSamaritan[/MENTION] and [MENTION=50735]kennycoder[/MENTION] are the lucky ones with the SWF. I really appreciate your help.

ortho

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/8/12
Here's mine with GEN dial. GEN hands are coming but to be honest the color difference between GEN gold and REP gold doesn't bother me as much as I had anticipated.

YipvHg.jpg

Could you please take a better pic where you see dial and hands up close to so I can see the difference in goldcolour? Planing on taking the same route as you and dial is just waiting for the watch. Allso Will the movement take gen hands? Did not think so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kornsoup

11/2/16
This is the shininess comparison. GEN vs REP. GEN dial has semi glossy quality, while REP is just damn Glossy.
REP Font is perfect. However, GEN numerals have (for lack of a better word) bubbly quality (REN numerals look a tad flat but real close to GEN). For now, the depth and the shininess of Sub dials are the obvious tell.

9Dju6J.jpg

Kornsoup

11/2/16
There's a difference between REP and GEN gold. IMHO I wouldn't say GEN gold is rose gold. It's, however, gold with more copper tint while REP gold is just banana yellow gold :unsure:. I was a bit concerned like you, but in IRL at arm's length the difference is almost indiscernible.

I think REP movement couldn't take GEN sub dial hands. I'll confirm again whether it can take hour/minute hands or not.

oC9EW8.jpg

genfactory

Do not accept unsolicited offers
31/1/16
Genfactory - which TD did you get the 3714 ZF with blue hands from? Can only find the gold / brown strap version?

Cheers

I got my 3714 from the gen TD. I was just remarking how nice the 3714 ZF is.

jcbach88

9/3/15
why post gen pics, we are only interested in the reps (Unless for comparisons sake)

QBalance156

25/8/07
Umm, is it just me or did the ZF V2 disappear from the intime website? Pretty sure it was there a couple of days ago and indicated that the color of the hands was revised and showed a black strap. Now I only see the V1.