• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Iwc 3714 zf

Patsanchik

Renowned Member
21/3/15
Canada
I have the SWF rep, white (silver) dial with gold hands and numerals. I've been intending to post pics and a video, but have been putting it off until I fit it with a new custom croco strap.

Snipster22

Getting To Know The Place
28/11/14
I have the SWF rep, white (silver) dial with gold hands and numerals. I've been intending to post pics and a video, but have been putting it off until I fit it with a new custom croco strap.

Maine pics would be much appreciated. Are you happy with it? (Movement, straight markers etc?)

Patsanchik

Renowned Member
21/3/15
Canada
Yeah, I like it, but I haven't been wearing it much at all yet. A bit shy about sporting it before putting a nice strap on it. Markers are straight-- it's not a ZF. Seconds sub-dial seems to move nicely, but with occasional slight hints of jitters. I've never owned one with the older, non-jeweled movements so I can't draw a comparison with the jittery seconds we've heard so much about regarding those.

Not sure what is meant by "Maine pics"... :unsure:

Snipster22

28/11/14
Yeah, I like it, but I haven't been wearing it much at all yet. A bit shy about sporting it before putting a nice strap on it. Markers are straight-- it's not a ZF. Seconds sub-dial seems to move nicely, but with occasional slight hints of jitters. I've never owned one with the older, non-jeweled movements so I can't draw a comparison with the jittery seconds we've heard so much about regarding those.

Not sure what is meant by "Maine pics"... :unsure:

Slip of hand on the keyboard!

Peter Pan

29/1/13
Yes, I thought the same. Let's hope for a blue Laureus or more preferably a ardoise dial as next

alvedon

Renowned Member
Certified
30/12/14
Too bad it's a fantasy model:-( with this dial, if I remember rightly, it was only made in the rattrapante version

Yes fantasy! Really wondering why ZF bothered to make this! Because you can is not the right way to go always :)

Patsanchik

Renowned Member
21/3/15
Canada
So, what's the attraction to ZF as opposed to SWF rep? Does the second hand run more smoothly? We keep hearing that ZF watch assembly is sloppy and dirty.

QBalance156

25/8/07
From the pictures, it just seems like the ZF has the stronger, more gen like AR coating. Otherwise, the SWF seems like the winner. Maybe I'm mis-judging the AR coating on the SWF. Any SWF owners able to post up pics that highlight the presence of AR?

rhc22

26/11/11
Maybe it's just the pictures but the ZF looks very thick in comparison to the gen, the bezel and especially the case bacl look much thicker.

Kornsoup

11/2/16
:^) SWF got mentioned plenty in this thread (considering this thread title "IWC 3714zf"). For SWF's dial the position of "iwc schaffhausen" is too low as per GEN but shouldn't bother anyone who want to go franken route. I wanted to get SWF at first but the communication with my TD wasn't clear enough (he said he could get SY factory, I wasn't sure whether "SY" was "SWF". )

Gajdica

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
30/9/15
ZF makes some mighty fine reps.

DSC01358_zpsowazxljy.jpg

DSC01357_zpshqt58ljg.jpg

That is absolutely stunning mate. Is that on a replacement strap, or the stock one?

Daryl80

6/10/12
So I'm browsing on Toro's site and noticed a silver dial and a diamond silver dial. Aside from the $30 price difference. Is the diamond dial any closer to the gen. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Patsanchik

Renowned Member
21/3/15
Canada
So I'm browsing on Toro's site and noticed a silver dial and a diamond silver dial. Aside from the $30 price difference. Is the diamond dial any closer to the gen. Thanks

Does an iwc portuguese with diamond-encrusted case even exist in the gen world?? I sure hope not. It looks ridiculous.

Daryl80

6/10/12
Sorry did I miss something... browsing on the phone here so resolution is quite low