• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Iwc 3714 zf

Bolduc Zogmar

Getting To Know The Place
13/8/12
I dare to disagree. 12 vs 14mm makes it a difference of more than 10%, which is visible at first sight and ruins the proportions, and even more important, you can feel it when wearing the watch (same thing btw with the AP ROO watches). My choice would therefore definitely be the SWF.

The gen is 12.3mm.

The SWF is 14.22mm according to QBalance156.
The ZF is 14.8mm according to the RepGeek thread.

So it looks like there is a difference between the 2 factories, but they are both much thicker. Is 2mm acceptable or not is a personal matter, but I agree with Variato, you definitely feel it when you wear it.

I would be interested by keenycoder opinion, since he said that the SWF was only less than 1 mm thicker.

Bolduc Zogmar

13/8/12
Let us know the result!

BTW I measured my 3714 quartz (I know, I know...) and it's about 14,2mm thick, like the SWF measured by QBalance156.
I don't understand why they couldn't make is thinner since a quartz movement does not take so much room...

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
Which TD's sell the swf version? I have looked at several TD sites and I have only seen the ZF 371446 (white dial, blue markers)
Thanks

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
Thanks for the tip. I wasn't sure if it wasn't shown on the TD's site then I wasn't available.

craiguk

26/7/16
Hi

I'm seriously considering getting one of these watches and if I were buying gen I would definitely go for the white face with gold markers. From many of the photos (and even video on Puretime) the gold colour doesn't seem quite right though so I'm considering the other colours too. Can anyone that has seen both gen and rep confirm how close the gold colours are in "real life"? Would either ZF/SWF help in this regard?

Also, given the thickness difference is anyone aware of any newer versions of this watch in the pipeline?

Thanks!

leechers

1/4/16
Hi

I'm seriously considering getting one of these watches and if I were buying gen I would definitely go for the white face with gold markers. From many of the photos (and even video on Puretime) the gold colour doesn't seem quite right though so I'm considering the other colours too. Can anyone that has seen both gen and rep confirm how close the gold colours are in "real life"? Would either ZF/SWF help in this regard?

Also, given the thickness difference is anyone aware of any newer versions of this watch in the pipeline?

Thanks!

Looking at most watches with the 7750 movement, I don't think they will ever reach the correct thickness unless they distill a model with a faux chronograph movement.

craiguk

26/7/16
Thanks guys. I've re-read the entire thread tonight and I think I'm going to go for white with gold on black strap - SWF version.

Off to email Sead :thumbup:

trekking999

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/8/16
Ei guys, the zf 3714 have alawys the problem of moviment ad @6?

craiguk

26/7/16
Hi guys,

Had my QC pics from Sead and have a concern with the digits that I would appreciate other opinions on. Do you think the "11" (first digit in particular) is level?

addb189572e4ff430fe57ab0fc858dff.jpeg

Thanks

Craig