• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How would you build a 6542 Albino GMT-Master?

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
Any other options beside Yuki case ... eg. shave a 1675 or silix sub case ?

qwaz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/1/16
Again I will repeat do not buy a Yuki case it is not anywhere near correct. Unless you feel like Dumping $1k on a bad case and dial.

Ok thanks for the advice. Where does one buy a good case for a 6542?

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Thus is a Phong case with a converted ETA-2846 GMT. You can get the roulette DWO from Calvin in Hong Kong. $100 a piece. If you don't want a gen movement then ETA converted or Asian 2836 "Hangzhou" is cheaper route. Just don't cheap out on the case or bezel, or dial.
c37ca6b9ba9bdf55248928a2e28ab984.jpg
e63e26233976ef3ccf8f3b37eb157432.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
FML!!!

@TheSociety @yodog - What's the cost of the Phong? Do we get the Phong dial as well?
Why is the Yuki a piece of crap for both?

P.S. Is anyone in the market for a kidney - lightly used, only one owner so far

EDIT: Jesus Teddy F#$&ing Christ!!!!
ALMOST 7 THOUSAND DOLLARS?!?!?!?!?!

Does anyone's butt-hole hurt?!

1) I'm sticking with Yuki; you know what, screw it! I'm sticking with Cartel and getting my aircraft engineers to take off the crown guards! I can get a TC which is considered the pinnacle of rep building for 10% of the cost of that rep

2) This thread needs to be "disposable income locked" thread. Sorry guys this is a private party - One must have a disposable monthly slush-fund of at least 20K or be a pilot to post.

3) Dress-code:
e3c5242c513a8b671163d08a4222aa10.jpg

OnyxSkyDV

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/15
P.S. Is anyone in the market for a kidney - lightly used, only one owner so far

Its not the owners, its the miles...... :)

Good question here, with today's CNC mills available, is one of the reasonably priced cases close enough to act as the baseline, and we come up with with the geometry to re-cut it to the right specs? If we are going to polish it down anyway, reshaping the case may not be too hard.

are there any really good blueprints available for what that 6542 case shape is to use for reference?

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Its not the owners, its the miles...... :)

Good question here, with today's CNC mills available, is one of the reasonably priced cases close enough to act as the baseline, and we come up with with the geometry to re-cut it to the right specs? If we are going to polish it down anyway, reshaping the case may not be too hard.

are there any really good blueprints available for what that 6542 case shape is to use for reference?

This is why I'm sticking with the Yuki/Reshaped Cartel - I would never know what the gen shape is. Too rare! Most think that the 1675 was the first GMT and haven't even heard of 6542... It was going to be astronomically expensive as it was... 1-2mm here or there is not worth it for me.

For those who it is worth it. I salute you!

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Huh? Thats probably with a gen mvmt man. Around 2k with eta mvmt

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Huh? Thats probably with a gen mvmt man. Around 2k with eta mvmt

1.jpg

Yeah, but insert alone is $650 USD plus shipping -

And even if I want the entire package, one doesn't even get a bracelet for that much!!!

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
6542 that is VERY accurate is a BIG BOYZ $$ game see post number 1 .. however its a slippery slope, 1K on a Yuki why not go to 2K on a phong etc ultimately you have to wear it so whatever suits ... you will never be in the same room as someone with a gen ,but if its way off it will look way off

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Okay, I've come to a realisation that this is madness. There is a solution I'm willing to try

@puretime - Would you and the JF Factory like to be doing this:

giphy.gif

Perhaps a little bit of this:

giphy.gif

I don't know maybe you want to send your dog; say a Shiba Una - into space?

giphy.gif

Well... Do I have a deal of a lifetime for you. When it comes to a 6542, It seems that our member are literally turning into this:

giphy.gif

We be buying some GMT Replicas for prices up to 6.5K USD... I think you may want a cut of this; I know you did it before and that model is now sold out. But we need some JF style replicas of this watch, none of that Alibaba type repping.

You only need to purchase the "genplica" from Phong under a pseudonym "Ted Striker" - The main character from an 80's movie "Airplane" - excellent movie that will sure look awesome in your own private iMAX screen payed by the members of RWI. And then make a 1:1 copy and post here, buy an indoor swimming pool and wait for it fill up with $$$. What ya say???#challangeaccepted or what?!

Logan86

Renowned Member
27/12/14
I'm a couple of G's in on the build that Yodog posted above and I will say that doing this thing right isn't cheap. Some of us demand a higher level of aesthetic so there is value in throwing money at the build.

@TheSociety builds pieces that are beyond what most of us want or are willing to pay for but that's his passion. If you take the gen movement out of the equation you can have a piece that's 80% to 90% there on the level of appearance for $2,000ish. Just my opinion though.