• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to make a true gilt dial on the cheap - Tropical or Black

WatchN3RD

I supported. Doesn't make me an expert!
Gold Patron
24/7/18
Chrome72,
Your pursuit of perfection is amazing, but regardless of a success of fail, I know I'm not the one waiting for an update. All of this amazing. I don't care if the most recent attempt was a printer jam and you now have the printer in pieces to fix the drum. I've been been there before!

Only trying to give you a nudge to update in the humorous sense. But if you remove all logic and real priorities, "I'm dyin' ovah heah!"

Reactions: 369mafia

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
I always follow with keen interest the results that come from a true and sure passion , congratulations
This would be the true color of the tropical (clearly it's genuine)

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/10/16
@manodeoro , your opinion would be greatly appreciated !!!!
Hey buddy :)
After dozens of trials, printing an accurate tropical dial is still on the list of my "not achieved" goals :rolleyes:
Nevertheless ...
Since I've found a steadily repeatable method to print a dark blue dial I may try to use it to print a dark brown one.
Add some imperfections and errors and I guess I could get a decent tropical 🤞
I'll post updates next January or February.

Reactions: 369mafia and rangan

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
Hey buddy :)
After dozens of trials, printing an accurate tropical dial is still on the list of my "not achieved" goals :rolleyes:
Nevertheless ...
Since I've found a steadily repeatable method to print a dark blue dial I may try to use it to print a dark brown one.
Add some imperfections and errors and I guess I could get a decent tropical 🤞
I'll post updates next January or February.
Good luck my friend , I will be sure you will succeed!!! (y) (y)

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/10/16
finished that dial today ... negative-gilt and "sub aqua" gold printed 😍
now I need to mod a 6204 case 😁

HENmGK.jpeg

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
don't worry ... last wekend I made another print test and I think I'm close to a success ;)
I am sure you will be able to do another great job my friend , you are gifted with a wonderful ability to compose your works !!! (y)

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/10/16
@manodeoro ,but I want you to apply more on tropicals (just kidding) great result !!!👑

hmmm ... tropical dial you said ? 🤔
still not the exact goal but with after trials and trials this time I think I'm pretty close ... at the least I nailed a method that could the good one 😍
EDIT : just natural light and no Photoshop effect ... direct pic from my phone ...

H0lY7S.jpeg

Last edited:

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
I had no doubt my friend of the excellent results!!!!! 👑 🏅(y)

chrome72

Renowned Member
7/12/17
Houston TX Baby
hmmm ... tropical dial you said ? 🤔
still not the exact goal but with after trials and trials this time I think I'm pretty close ... at the least I nailed a method that could the good one 😍
EDIT : just natural light and no Photoshop effect ... direct pic from my phone ...

H0lY7S.jpeg
is that still the film free method?

Labedudel

Known Member
12/9/23
really good instructions, thank you very much for this. The results are great, you get jealous and want to have a dial like that or copy it straight away.

o_O :love: