• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF Day-Date 40mm Tungsten Heavy Version

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
There's a meteorite version.

you can also switch out the bezel to a smooth bezel for most of those, but the weight will be lighter.
It’s a SS with greyish meteorite right? I think I have seen that. There’s also the RG with Eisenkeisel that’s posted a couple of posts above this.
Would be nice with a picture or a list showing them all

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
It’s a SS with greyish meteorite right? I think I have seen that. There’s also the RG with Eisenkeisel that’s posted a couple of posts above this.
Would be nice with a picture or a list showing them all
That Eisenkeisel is a custom dial

But GMF offers meteorite daydate, and also meteorite daudate with diamomnd bezel

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
That Eisenkeisel is a custom dial

But GMF offers meteorite daydate, and also meteorite daudate with diamomnd bezel
Are you sure? There’s non tungsten with that dial at least.

I didn’t know they sold one with diamond bezel but found a picture on reddit. I don’t think it’s a tungsten tho. The day window looks smaller so it’s probably a standard weight with a A3255 movement.

Reaps

25/9/22

I didn’t know they sold one with diamond bezel but found a picture on reddit. I don’t think it’s a tungsten tho. The day window looks smaller so it’s probably a standard weight with a A3255 movement.

My bad then. That Eisenkisel as far as I knew was custom and GMF didn't offer one, guess theu updated that.

The meteorite I can be certain the A2836 comes with a tungsten variant.... I've seen a few....

Guiltycat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
31/8/22
Got a spare dial from GMF to replace my current dial.

I’ve tested the stock dial diamonds of GMF (DD40), clean datejust(41) and vsf datejust(36mm)
Gmf uses cz and clean/vsf uses moissanite markers .

Not sure if anyone cares but I thought I’d post my findings since I have them lying around

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
Got a spare dial from GMF to replace my current dial.

I’ve tested the stock dial diamonds of GMF (DD40), clean datejust(41) and vsf datejust(36mm)
Gmf uses cz and clean/vsf uses moissanite markers .

Not sure if anyone cares but I thought I’d post my findings since I have them lying around

Looks like the vsf sparkles a bit more but it also might be how the “diamonds” are cut.

Hasslebank

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum

afaik GMF doesnt have Eisenkiesel version. Asked some TD-s and all of them confirmed availability of GSF solely.

there is a v5 GMF already with tungsten bracelet and VR mvm (ordered a met and a RG olive-will keep you posted) but eisen is not among those.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reaps

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
afaik GMF doesnt have Eisenkiesel version. Asked some TD-s and all of them confirmed availability of GSF solely.

there is a v5 GMF already with tungsten bracelet and VR mvm (ordered a met and a RG olive-will keep you posted) but eisen is not among those.
Interesting, didn’t know that and I have asked my td if he knows anything about it.
Do you know what metals/dial colours are available except for the one you ordered?

ManuelCalavera

Getting To Know The Place
31/7/19

is there a way to confirm that the bracelet has tungsten in it?

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
is there a way to confirm that the bracelet has tungsten in it?
I asked andiot if there were a V5 gmf but he said there weren’t. I think it’s QF or ARF V5 that might have tungsten in the bracelet but they don’t look as good as GMF in my opinion, both the colour and the use of the 2836 movement that has a better feel to it, instant day/date change and a bigger day wheel that looks more gen

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
I asked andiot if there were a V5 gmf but he said there weren’t. I think it’s QF or ARF V5 that might have tungsten in the bracelet but they don’t look as good as GMF in my opinion, both the colour and the use of the 2836 movement that has a better feel to it, instant day/date change and a bigger day wheel that looks more gen

The only “dealer” who I’ve seen mention a GMF v5 is an extremely questionable source on Reddit who notoriously has problems. He’s also named after a dessert.

Reactions: Jcap66

Hasslebank

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
there is a v5 indeed, but only with A2836
V5 has "Cu-W metal to increase watch weight to match the genuine gold watch weight, same weight as genuine watch" so weight added both to the case and bracelet vs V4 which is VR3255 equipped but only case is weight added afaik.

FYI I have two V5 on the way (Met and olive RG) (happy with the reliable A2836) will update once arrives.

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
there is a v5 indeed, but only with A2836
V5 has "Cu-W metal to increase watch weight to match the genuine gold watch weight, same weight as genuine watch" so weight added both to the case and bracelet vs V4 which is VR3255 equipped but only case is weight added afaik.

FYI I have two V5 on the way (Met and olive RG) (happy with the reliable A2836) will update once arrives.
Ok interesting! Do you have a link? Wierd that not all of the tds have them.
2836 is the right movement in this case, better and and heavier. Andiot have the tungsten with 2836 with more correct functions, fast day/date shifts and bigger day font. The non tungsten have the 3255 and I didn’t like that movement at all and the font is noticeably smaller. So the 2836 which you will get should be the more preferable movement in this case :)

Hasslebank

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Ok interesting! Do you have a link? Wierd that not all of the tds have them.
2836 is the right movement in this case, better and and heavier. Andiot have the tungsten with 2836 with more correct functions, fast day/date shifts and bigger day font. The non tungsten have the 3255 and I didn’t like that movement at all and the font is noticeably smaller. So the 2836 which you will get should be the more preferable movement in this case :)
ie. here:

and agree, the 2836 might be better for the aim, hence my coice also

Reaps

25/9/22

For me, I think GMF gold plated or wrapped is the best. Ok there's now QF and ARF but the GMF is time tested, the stock plating imho is the best in the business.

Weight is not hyper important to me either. Tungsten bracelet might be cool but if it's badly plated then to me it's pointless. The bracelet look and the way it reflects light is 50% of the beauty of the watch.

Only time will tell if QF and ARF can dethrone GMF.