• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF Day-Date 40mm Tungsten Heavy Version

Theodizee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/20
JTime listed a bunch of GMF DDs as Tungsten Heavy Version. It appears they have but some tungsten inside to get the weight closer to the Gen. Anyone have more information about that?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Tungsten is way heavier than SS of course but it will be interesting to see how much weight was added and if there is difference between rep "YG" "WG" and "PT".

Case MaterialSolid 904 stainless steel bracelet (with tungsten in steel to increase the weight)
StrapSolid 904 stainless steel bracelet (with tungsten in steel to increase the weight)

AMF (TD) did some reps with just tungsten weight added to the caseback IIRC.

Last edited:

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Tungsten is way heavier than SS of course but it will be interesting to see how much weight was added and if there is difference between rep "YG" "WG" and "PT".

Case MaterialSolid 904 stainless steel bracelet (with tungsten in steel to increase the weight)
StrapSolid 904 stainless steel bracelet (with tungsten in steel to increase the weight)

AMG (TD) did some reps with just tungsten weight added to the caseback IIRC.
where can we buy these tungsten casebacks?
in would like to have one for my whitgold 111819 CF slate racing dial on oysterflex to add just some more weight.,
but i am also intressted in how much diffrence in grams vs stainlesssteel it will be.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
where can we buy these tungsten casebacks?
in would like to have one for my whitgold 111819 CF slate racing dial on oysterflex to add just some more weight.,
but i am also intressted in how much diffrence in grams vs stainlesssteel it will be.
They make custom watches so you'll have to check with them. IDK if they sell individual parts, but on a rubber strap Daytona that would be an ideal mod. IIRC it was an RG rainbow Daytona they added weight to.

Last edited:
Reactions: masterpiece777

Apniceguy

3/3/20

AMG (TD) did some reps with just tungsten weight added to the caseback IIRC.
Do you mean AMF?

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
Holy shit, this would be huge if real. Still feel skeptical after the last “tungsten” release by JDF though… hope someone confirms soon that this is the real deal!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Probably just the larger parts have a tungsten core, as its notoriously difficult to machine. Its all for nothing though if the 'gold' plating is shit - which it probably will be.

Reactions: Horace_Derwent

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Normal GMF with one extra link

zNKSb1.jpg

GMF is not generous with DD links, only 23 (not counting clasp link or SELs). This is good for only 7.0" wrist.

So looks like about 40g added to tungsten GMF

Trouble61

Looking for trouble?
Supporter
Certified
20/1/16
Netherlands
I think the case is made of tungsten so it will still feel light. The ultimate dream will be if the bracelet feels also heavy like gen.

Reactions: TESLA760

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE

This says enough. Just to make it 20 grams more heavy doesnt make it good in this case. Gen is around 220g full linked
What factory is this one?
Beocuse

This says enough. Just to make it 20 grams more heavy doesnt make it good in this case. Gen is around 220g full linked
This is the tungsten GMF ?
It’s indeed just a litle step forward.
But let’s hope they will improve soon like whole tungsten case for gold Daytonas would be a mayor next step (for oysterflex models)

They’re improving but this is just the first step looking fastforward what would be available in. 3 years from now!