• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF Day-Date 40mm Tungsten Heavy Version

cargo5

Getting To Know The Place
18/6/21
From what I have seen they are all have tungsten in the case only so the bracelet is just ss which won’t fool anyone. But the added weight with the tungsten version gives it a extra nice feel on the wrist and makes the dj feel a bit flimsy :)
I have bought my gmfs at andiot ~$350 for standard and ~$420 for the tungsten version.

Thank you bro!
You can share the WhatsApp of andiot?

cargo5

18/6/21
In my opinion, it's silly to pay an extra $300 for a little bit of tungsten to add a little bit of weight; With the end result is still being very far off from the weight of genuine Rolex Day-Date.

A better option would be to buy the model for $468 and spend the other $300 for real gold plating.

*An even better option is to just buy the one for $468 and enjoy it as is... for what it is... a Day-Date replica.* 😊
I would love to know where you can get gold plating done for $300 😁

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
Thank you bro!
You can share the WhatsApp of andiot?
He’s a TD on this site. You can find his webpage and WhatsApp here.

cargo5

18/6/21
He’s a TD on this site. You can find his webpage and WhatsApp here.

Thank you! Now it remains to decide whether to choose AR or GM.

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
Thank you! Now it remains to decide whether to choose AR or GM.
Personally I don’t see any difference between the two but I’m no expert and I couldn’t justify the higher price

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
In my opinion, it's silly to pay an extra $300 for a little bit of tungsten to add a little bit of weight; With the end result is still being very far off from the weight of genuine Rolex Day-Date.

A better option would be to buy the model for $468 and spend the other $300 for real gold plating.

*An even better option is to just buy the one for $468 and enjoy it as is... for what it is... a Day-Date replica.* 😊
Tis why they say opinions are like A-holes. Everyone has one.

Reactions: serumdiesel

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
Anyone else who have gmf dd on order and have to wait forever for it to arrive at the td? Td says gmf are slow right now

Hasslebank

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Nice, what's the weight and balance like?

Gonna have this back from my ws today and will share some other thoughts, but in advance ws checked the mvm and the tungsten head as well as the dial. Dial is real stone which is amazing IRL. Actually GSF made a great job here, rg tone is fantastic, in terms of overall build no significant differences to my GMF YG DD

Reactions: Jcap66

Sunny921

3/5/24
Does anybody know if the rumor is true that gmf stopped producing dds?

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
Having my honeymoon with this one right now. My first white dial watch, kinda missed the sunburst at first but the cleanness are growing on me.
I’m thinking of adding a diamond bezel to this one or maybe get another RG or YG with a baguette dial, don’t know which one though...

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
Does anyone know if these are all the versions available of the GMF DD tungsten or if there’s any more?

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Does anyone know if these are all the versions available of the GMF DD tungsten or if there’s any more?
There's a meteorite version.

you can also switch out the bezel to a smooth bezel for most of those, but the weight will be lighter.