• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF Day-Date 40mm Tungsten Heavy Version

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
ie. here:

and agree, the 2836 might be better for the aim, hence my coice also
Thanks, please post your feelings about them when you get them!
I’m also interested in a ss met baguette dial that I’m going to put an aftermarket mossanite bezel on :)

mike42112

Supporter
Certified
3/1/17
Canada
Factory QF color vs 18k gold plated GMF.
There’s barely any difference, even in outside lighting
QF and GMF doesn’t need to be replated. You’re better off saving your money and using it elsewhere. (y)

**edit will post a review after a few weeks of wearing the QF.
So far my personal ranking is
ARF - best (if they can fix the plating issues)
Gmf and QF are about the same to me. The QF clasp is harder to open/close. But the bezel looks better

Which factories are the day dates in this pic?

mike42112

Supporter
Certified
3/1/17
Canada
Having my honeymoon with this one right now. My first white dial watch, kinda missed the sunburst at first but the cleanness are growing on me.
I’m thinking of adding a diamond bezel to this one or maybe get another RG or YG with a baguette dial, don’t know which one though...

What factory 😍😍😍

mike42112

Supporter
Certified
3/1/17
Canada
Qf left Gmf right
Ur a boss for replying!

You said ARF is best, does gold color match gen or at least close? I’m reading the forum like crazy for a whole 2 weeks now, my buddy keeps pressuring me to get it he recommended QF but torn which one would look the best (best being subjective)

Here’s his Gen DayDate for reference boys.
I’m torn between QF and ARF but QF doesn’t seem to have my Roman markers on YG dial I like.

Hopefully you can put my mind to rest and just recommend one! I’d be leaning towards ARF at this point. I just wanna pull this trigger LOL

I fucking love it here boys, been in this forum for over 8 years now! Cheers 🥂

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20
It looks like GSF literally printed the exact image in high resolution from the Rolex official website. These are the same stone markings.

I saw few Gsf all had exactly same pattern

suppish

Supporter
Certified
1/10/17
Thanks, please post your feelings about them when you get them!
I’m also interested in a ss met baguette dial that I’m going to put an aftermarket mossanite bezel on :)
I’m planning on doing the same
Buff dial is best atm right?

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
I’m planning on doing the same
Buff dial is best atm right?
Don’t know, haven’t seen their day date dial. I don’t know what hour markings they have?
I’ll try the stock gmf dial first, it’s probably good enough for my type of use.
The bezel I’ll probably order from ewatchparts, haven’t ordered from them before but it’s the best priced one I can find.

suppish

Supporter
Certified
1/10/17
Setting on the diamonds on the buff is wrong
And their bezel seems not great either, diamonds not wide enough/bezel lip looks too thick

suppish

Supporter
Certified
1/10/17
Sorry I meant the buff dial with the square/baguette diamonds on the bezel, not the rounded ones

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
Sorry I meant the buff dial with the square/baguette diamonds on the bezel, not the rounded ones
Ah okey. That’s a shame for the price.

What do you guys think of the black mop dial? I think it looks pretty sick but it doesn’t seem to be a popular choice. Got the pictures from an older sales thread on the forum.

Btw, does anyone know if the DJ41 and DD40 bezel are the same size? Thinking of a vsf dj bezel could be used on a gmf dd40

Reactions: DRB420

BigRS

Getting To Know The Place
15/3/14
I got this tungsten RG Olive this Friday. This is my first rose gold watch and first I thought it was too copperish but now after a couple of days and looking at instagram I think it looks really good and gen like.

If the watch is sized right (not too loose) I don’t think it’s too top heavy at all and feels great. The bracelet is fine but it needs some lube.

The dial is beautiful and goes really well with the RG Roman markers.

So for my first time wearing it outside of the house I thought that it wouldn’t be right if I didn’t wear my Adidas sweatsuit to companion the watch while walking my dog so that’s what I did xD

Which one is this? GMF? Looks very gen like! (Coming from someone who owns the gen one ;))

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
Which one is this? GMF? Looks very gen like! (Coming from someone who owns the gen one ;))
Yes GMF.
Congratulations on the gen. I don’t know, it’s pretty close but I walked by a Rolex ad store with som RG models in the window and I thought that the colour was a bit off, at least with gens side by side. It’s no doubt a beautiful watch tho but I’ve sold mine. I’m more of a YG person 😊

Reactions: christo14

BigRS

Getting To Know The Place
15/3/14
Yes GMF.
Congratulations on the gen. I don’t know, it’s pretty close but I walked by a Rolex ad store with som RG models in the window and I thought that the colour was a bit off, at least with gens side by side. It’s no doubt a beautiful watch tho but I’ve sold mine. I’m more of a YG person 😊

Maybe side by side yes, but on the photos the RG looks identical. I think GMF comes closest to the gen RG color compared to others.