• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF Day-Date 40mm Tungsten Heavy Version

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Certified
20/1/21
I asked two of them one say 450$ the other 685$ so I want to know whats the "real" deal.Because both of them confirm its the one I want.
that's the real price...every td has different prices.
go with the td you trust (good shipping, customer service, communication...)
I think it's worth paying few $ more and don't have issues if anything happens during transportation/customs.

Sunny921

Getting To Know The Place
3/5/24
Hey Guys, what do you say RL/GL? :)

[QC REMOVED. READ THE RULES. DO YOUR OWN QC.]

Best Regards and thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: aHero

Guiltycat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
31/8/22
xing Patrick posted that there’s going to be a DD3255
I wonder which factory is going to have it. and if a new factory is going to enter the DD40 scene, just like how vsf started making Daytonas

Guiltycat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
31/8/22
Factory QF color vs 18k gold plated GMF.
There’s barely any difference, even in outside lighting
QF and GMF doesn’t need to be replated. You’re better off saving your money and using it elsewhere. (y)

**edit will post a review after a few weeks of wearing the QF.
So far my personal ranking is
ARF - best (if they can fix the plating issues)
Gmf and QF are about the same to me. The QF clasp is harder to open/close. But the bezel looks better

Last edited:

icqmtl77

Known Member
19/7/09
QF and GMF doesn’t need to be replated. You’re better off saving your money and using it elsewhere. (y)

Gmf and QF are about the same to me. The QF clasp is harder to open/close. But the bezel looks better

Thank you for the comparison.
Any idea which TD is selling QF? First time I come across this...

Guiltycat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
31/8/22
Thank you for the comparison.
Any idea which TD is selling QF? First time I come across this...
All TDs can get them, Gmf uses a2836 and vr3255. QF only uses the a2836

TimedWatcher

20/4/19

The GMF here has been replaced by someone? Which one has the best feeling bracelet? Most tungsten watches only have the weight added into the case. If the gen feeling of real gold needs to be matched the bracelet needs to feel heavy too.

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13

Report on the rehaut engraving please. I hear tungsten is not as easy to engrave and therefore doesn't come up so good.

Guiltycat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
31/8/22
The GMF here has been replaced by someone? Which one has the best feeling bracelet? Most tungsten watches only have the weight added into the case. If the gen feeling of real gold needs to be matched the bracelet needs to feel heavy too.
I believe QF and GMF may have the same bracelet manufacturer? They both weighed exactly the same at 2.47g.
No factory has the same weighted bracelet as gen solid gold

Report on the rehaut engraving please. I hear tungsten is not as easy to engrave and therefore doesn't come up so good.
Engraving is great, can’t tell much difference between Gmf. If I remember right.. there was a post showing that the rehaut on Gmf daydate is a steel ring with rehaut engraving (not tungsten) inserted into the case

Reactions: kidcreole

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
Engraving is great, can’t tell much difference between Gmf. If I remember right.. there was a post showing that the rehaut on Gmf daydate is a steel ring with rehaut engraving (not tungsten) inserted into the case
That's a neat approach. Thanks for the response.

TimedWatcher

20/4/19
I believe QF and GMF may have the same bracelet manufacturer? They both weighed exactly the same at 2.47g.
No factory has the same weighted bracelet as gen solid gold

Sad that they are still so light, C+ released a two tone sub and the links are 4 grams each. Bracelet comes at 92 grams compared to 74 from VSF. I will just have to wait until the tungsten DD progress a bit more and start adding weight in the bracelets..

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
Still waiting to see qcs and videos of the ombré dial

cargo5

18/6/21
so... after 2 years with my vsf datejust, i really want buy daydate rose gold!
I heard a lot about AR and GM, but I couldn't understand which one is better and closer to GEN
Can someone sort me out please?
And is it worth paying an extra $300 for the tungsten version?
$468 vs. $758 (these are Steve's prices from ar)

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
so... after 2 years with my vsf datejust, i really want buy daydate rose gold!
I heard a lot about AR and GM, but I couldn't understand which one is better and closer to GEN
Can someone sort me out please?
And is it worth paying an extra $300 for the tungsten version?
From what I have seen they are all have tungsten in the case only so the bracelet is just ss which won’t fool anyone. But the added weight with the tungsten version gives it a extra nice feel on the wrist and makes the dj feel a bit flimsy :)
I have bought my gmfs at andiot ~$350 for standard and ~$420 for the tungsten version.

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
.... And is it worth paying an extra $300 for the tungsten version?
In my opinion, it's silly to pay an extra $300 for a little bit of tungsten to add a little bit of weight; With the end result is still being very far off from the weight of genuine Rolex Day-Date.

A better option would be to buy the model for $468 and spend the other $300 for real gold plating.

*An even better option is to just buy the one for $468 and enjoy it as is... for what it is... a Day-Date replica.* 😊

Reactions: RX7GP