• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF Day-Date 40mm Tungsten Heavy Version

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Just got my GMF V3 in and I absolutely love it! Is it possible to source a 1.25 link for the presidential bracelet from GMF or ARF? Would be great to split the difference between the tight and loose fit options.
Those are hard to come by! Sorry.

Reactions: DRB420

TimedWatcher

Getting To Know The Place
20/4/19
TLDR all the weight in the Arf model is in the head of the watch.

ARF DD40(192G) vs my old GMFv2 (162G)

I have the 177G Gmf(v3 or v4? Unsure)
on the way and a QF 184G with a custom eisenkiesel dial being built. Will post more info when they finish

-Now this will be surprising news for a lot of people here including myself.
The bracelet links on the GMF weigh ever so slightly more than the ARF links.
Gmf 2.48grams
Arf 2.38grams
The new ARF links have a centre cylinder inside the mid link. The Gmf v2 does not have it. Unsure if the v3/4 will have it
ARF link pins have the threading at the top while GMF has the threading at the bottom
I’ve never seen gen link pins so I don’t know which is more accurate

The new VR3255 movement is super smooth to wind and you can’t hear or feel the rotor at all. I thought it had no rotor when I picked it up :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for this comparison, if you receive the QF maybe you could post a review of the 3 watches? Would you suggest to get the GMF or ARF? I've heard on the ARF that the clasp feels really cheap. GMF is going to release an even heavier version so maybe I'll wait for that update and put a VSF bezel on it, deep crystal and get it plated by Flan.

Guiltycat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
31/8/22
Thanks for this comparison, if you receive the QF maybe you could post a review of the 3 watches? Would you suggest to get the GMF or ARF? I've heard on the ARF that the clasp feels really cheap. GMF is going to release an even heavier version so maybe I'll wait for that update and put a VSF bezel on it, deep crystal and get it plated by Flan.
Clasp feels fine, it’s easier to unlatch/open but it’s secure when it’s locked in
I’ll post updates when QF comes

Reactions: TimedWatcher

icqmtl77

Known Member
19/7/09
Just got my GMF V3 in and I absolutely love it! Is it possible to source a 1.25 link for the presidential bracelet from GMF or ARF? Would be great to split the difference between the tight and loose fit options.
anyone has a spare link or 2?
Got a GMF off a member sales but the bracelet is too short and been a box queen for 2 weeks without see the sunlight :(

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Your best bet would be to purchase a new bracelet. Unless you happen to luck out and find someone that has extra links and is willing to part with them, there's not really a good option. I checked around not too long ago and andiot had them available for I believe it was 140 plus shipping. Perhaps you can go in with another member or two and split up the bracelet links to reduce the cost per person?

Sunny921

3/5/24
Which whitegold day-date replika would you recommend at the moment to be closest to the gen? :)

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Your best bet would be to purchase a new bracelet. Unless you happen to luck out and find someone that has extra links and is willing to part with them, there's not really a good option. I checked around not too long ago and andiot had them available for I believe it was 140 plus shipping. Perhaps you can go in with another member or two and split up the bracelet links to reduce the cost per person?
Those eBay or Ali bracelets have links that don’t fit the GMF. He needs to check with his TD. Sell the remaining links in the parts section later.

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
How come so many want to buy links for these? Are the bracelet really short? I haven’t received mine yet.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
How come so many want to buy links for these? Are the bracelet really short? I haven’t received mine yet.
Confirmation bias

The ones who need links will post that they need extra links.... but many people just wearing it OOTB

There is the same no. links as gen.... just the Daydate 40 has no microadjust etc etc so links are necessary to get a better fit

Reactions: Rx4Time and Jcap66

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
Confirmation bias

The ones who need links will post that they need extra links.... but many people just wearing it OOTB

There is the same no. links as gen.... just the Daydate 40 has no microadjust etc etc so links are necessary to get a better fit
Ok hope you are right so that it will fit me :)

Guiltycat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
31/8/22
Actually I am pretty sure the GMF were short a couple links when they first came out. With the newest version they come with 2 more links than they did originally.

Someone else can maybe confirm but that's my understanding.
Can confirm, I had 3 more links than my old one.
To make the v2 fit my 6.8 inch wrist I had to take 3 links out.
To fit the v3/4 fit I had to take 6 links out.

TimedWatcher

20/4/19
Does anyone know when GMF will release their updated version to be closer to the ARF weight? Hopefully someone can make a comparison between GMF, ARF and QF

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
KXI6tQ.jpeg