• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF Day-Date 40mm Tungsten Heavy Version

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
KCOHpQ.jpeg

TimedWatcher

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/4/19
Hope they will release a new version close to the ARF weight of 190 grams with VR movement. Only adjustment to make with the GMF would be a bezel swap, saw someone put a VSF bezel on it and deep crystal.

Reactions: c_hall100

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22
TLDR all the weight in the Arf model is in the head of the watch.

ARF DD40(192G) vs my old GMFv2 (162G)

I have the 177G Gmf(v3 or v4? Unsure)
on the way and a QF 184G with a custom eisenkiesel dial being built. Will post more info when they finish

-Now this will be surprising news for a lot of people here including myself.
The bracelet links on the GMF weigh ever so slightly more than the ARF links.
Gmf 2.48grams
Arf 2.38grams
The new ARF links have a centre cylinder inside the mid link. The Gmf v2 does not have it. Unsure if the v3/4 will have it
ARF link pins have the threading at the top while GMF has the threading at the bottom
I’ve never seen gen link pins so I don’t know which is more accurate

The new VR3255 movement is super smooth to wind and you can’t hear or feel the rotor at all. I thought it had no rotor when I picked it up :ROFLMAO:

FlamingMontains

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/10/23
Hope they will release a new version close to the ARF weight of 190 grams with VR movement. Only adjustment to make with the GMF would be a bezel swap, saw someone put a VSF bezel on it and deep crystal.

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
TLDR all the weight in the Arf model is in the head of the watch.

ARF DD40(192G) vs my old GMFv2 (162G)

I have the 177G Gmf(v3 or v4? Unsure)
on the way and a QF 184G with a custom eisenkiesel dial being built. Will post more info when they finish

-Now this will be surprising news for a lot of people here including myself.
The bracelet links on the GMF weigh ever so slightly more than the ARF links.
Gmf 2.48grams
Arf 2.38grams
The new ARF links have a centre cylinder inside the mid link. The Gmf v2 does not have it. Unsure if the v3/4 will have it
ARF link pins have the threading at the top while GMF has the threading at the bottom
I’ve never seen gen link pins so I don’t know which is more accurate

The new VR3255 movement is super smooth to wind and you can’t hear or feel the rotor at all. I thought it had no rotor when I picked it up :ROFLMAO:

thx mate.
curious about that eisnekeisen build, keep us posted.
Considering to source one as well

Reactions: Guiltycat

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22
thx mate.
curious about that eisnekeisen build, keep us posted.
Considering to source one as well
It’s going to take a while, when I finally found a nice dial the maker broke it. Majority of the dial batches look pretty bad :(

DRB420

Horology Curious
26/10/21
Just got my GMF V3 in and I absolutely love it! Is it possible to source a 1.25 link for the presidential bracelet from GMF or ARF? Would be great to split the difference between the tight and loose fit options.