• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMF Day-Date 40mm Tungsten Heavy Version

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Actually I am pretty sure the GMF were short a couple links when they first came out. With the newest version they come with 2 more links than they did originally.

Someone else can maybe confirm but that's my understanding.
Yes, this is correct. Missing 2-3 links vs V4.

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
KXI6tQ.jpeg
How are the diamonds? Do they sparkle or do they just look like a bit of glass? Might get the same dial but yg plating

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
How are the diamonds? Do they sparkle or do they just look like a bit of glass? Might get the same dial but yg plating
"The Head", case, shaping, SEL, bezel, dial and diamonds ( baguettes ) are very very good. They looks amazing. I will take a daytime pic tomorrow. Bracelet brushing is excellent but the it feels cheaper vs v1 & v2. I might try some baby oil.

Reactions: Jcap66

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
Hard to get a great shot:

KX69Is.jpeg

KX61j3.jpeg

KX6ndY.jpeg

KX66JD.jpeg

KX6rWk.jpeg

KX6tlo.jpeg
Thank you for these, looks great! Black with diamonds are both sleek and beautiful. DD are my favourite watch so hopefully there will be more of them in my collection going forward if the one that I have on order feels good. They are a bit harder to pull of tho… I hope I can post some pictures of mine soon!

Reactions: johnlogan

Sunny921

Getting To Know The Place
3/5/24
Does the non-tungsten version have exactly the same quality regarding the dial, the color of gold, etc., except for the weight?

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

TerryRobot

Patron
Certified
13/9/15
The reel feel of weight compared to a gen is in the bracelet, if that is not the correct weight then the watch head will feel un balanced, if you hand it to someone a gen gold model feels all heavy in the hand and most of it is again the way the bracelet sits over you fingers if they can get that right its a winner.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
The reel feel of weight compared to a gen is in the bracelet, if that is not the correct weight then the watch head will feel un balanced, if you hand it to someone a gen gold model feels all heavy in the hand and most of it is again the way the bracelet sits over you fingers if they can get that right its a winner.
V1 have a very GEN feel to it. The construction and balance is excellent. V4 bracelet feels and looks REP.

icqmtl77

Known Member
19/7/09
"The Head", case, shaping, SEL, bezel, dial and diamonds ( baguettes ) are very very good. They looks amazing. I will take a daytime pic tomorrow. Bracelet brushing is excellent but the it feels cheaper vs v1 & v2. I might try some baby oil.

No, just great craftsmanship! GMF must have changed suppliers for V3/V4 for the bracelet. Probably why we have two more links as well.
Thanks for clarification

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Each one of the indices is multifaceted, so it causes different levels of reflection. I see nothing wrong with the alignment that would make me think you should reject it. I have the same watch with the olive dial and even in person the play of the light reflecting off them can throw you off.

For comparison, here's a picture of mine. As you can see, they are lined up almost identically versus the minute hashes around the outer edge of the dial

PXL_20240423_0214299595c515d602369568b.jpg

Last edited:

icqmtl77

Known Member
19/7/09
Each one of the indices is multifaceted, so it causes different levels of reflection. I see nothing wrong with the alignment that would make me think you should reject it. I have the same watch with the olive dial and even in person the play of the light reflecting off them can throw you off.

For comparison, here's a picture of mine. As you can see, they are lined up almost identically versus the minute hashes around the outer edge of the dial

PXL_20240423_0214299595c515d602369568b.jpg
What a beauty!!! Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: Rx4Time

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Are you sure?

Because I'm not

Fuck red light it and choose a hobby like Ping-Pong.
Thanks.
Its a goddamn replica.

If you ask about it cause you arent sure, no problem. But when you get answers, and still complain, i BET my left leg that you will not stop complaining until 1 person here will tell you "you may be right". In german its called "unbelehrbar". You made your decision already, just need some mental backup here.
Dont wanna disrespect you or mean beeing harsh, but just please look at those photos a bit more relaxed....

Last edited:

Sunny921

3/5/24

Thanks for showing and explaining. I justed texted my td :)

Jcap66

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/3/24
I got this tungsten RG Olive this Friday. This is my first rose gold watch and first I thought it was too copperish but now after a couple of days and looking at instagram I think it looks really good and gen like.

If the watch is sized right (not too loose) I don’t think it’s too top heavy at all and feels great. The bracelet is fine but it needs some lube.

The dial is beautiful and goes really well with the RG Roman markers.

So for my first time wearing it outside of the house I thought that it wouldn’t be right if I didn’t wear my Adidas sweatsuit to companion the watch while walking my dog so that’s what I did xD

Reactions: Sunny921

Sunny921

3/5/24
Does anybody know the price of a GMF whitegold DD with meteorite and the a2836 movement?