• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fine Wines

parklanephil

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
4/6/14
Had an epic 06 chateau Talbot tonight.
ugygena8.jpg

3mmanu3l

Looking Around
3/7/14
Guys! This one is a killer!
ne2y9eqa.jpg
trust me! I'm Sicilian ! Here is the detailed label! Enjoy
tedaqyty.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

watchesking

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/4/15
All you wine lovers got to try this wine called "Los vascos", its origin is chile, it's a "Rothschild" vineyard, best value for money wine in the world !

d094cc72b107422b3029ca8a26c7840d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dinamo36

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/14
Amarone della Valpolicella, but also Primitivo di Manduria is super ;)

sarlan19

19/6/14
Drank this beauty a couple of weeks ago. Second time I had this. First time was about 7 years ago. It's fascinating to me that my mind remembered every nuance of it when I drank it the second time. It's an amazing wine.

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Wifey just goes for the ones on sale at Rite-Aid Drugstores. Among them is Australian 'Yellow Tail' . Not bad. Great for the money. Good with a meat dinner. Give it a shot.

fan2montres

Looking Around
2/10/15
White wine:
- Sancerre (Val de Loire)
- Chardonnay (Bourgogne)
- Pouilly Fuissé (Bourgogne)
- Saint Vérand (Bourgogne)
- Saint Romain (Bourgogne)
- Gewurztraminer (Alsace)
- Condrieu (Côte du Rhône)

Red wine:
- Saint Nicolas de Bourgueil (Val de Loire)
- Pommard (Bourgogne)
- Château Neuf du Pape (Côte du Rhône)
- Saint Joseph (Côte du Rhône)

Turk thrust

18/2/16
Definition of a good wine, is one that you like. After drinking red wine for 20+ years, writing about them, reviewing them etc.... that's my conclusion.:balloon:

ive tasted some £100+ plus a bottle that's foul, and some at £5 that's gorgeous...a lot of it is snobbery in my opinion.

I personally love love a good Barollo and a Primitivo de Puglia 2012, a good Chilean Malbec or Merlot too...you don't have to spend a lot, many are under a tenner a bottle. Argentina produce some crackers these days, as do Africa. New world stuff has cone along way.

I stay away from French wines, as to me they taste "tired"....although I had a nice Pinot at the weekend which was lovely....but in general, I stay away unless it's going into a Bourgignon.

you can't beat a nice glass of red, a plate of good cheese, fruit, bread, olives and balsamic. Nectar of the gods.

Supermarkets have huge buying power these days, and have all but closed down solo wine merchants, which is a shame, as the likes of Oddbins etc, used to have a fantastic selection of wines from small producers that the Supermarkets won't stock.

sarlan19

19/6/14
Definition of a good wine, is one that you like.

I have a similar saying. For me a good wine is one that you drink with good friends.

I agree with most of your post. The part about French wines, while mostly true, is a bit broad. Rhones wine are great if you stay away from the huge winery. South-west (rousillon, languedoc,etc) has a great selection on the cheap. And the whites made with grow-menseng and colombard are great as an aperitif.

I too mostly drink from the new world as I think it's where you can find the best bang for the buck but I would not scrape off the old world.

Just don't bring homemade wine to my place :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Nickdao.njd

22/12/15
I've just got no taste...
Have several opportunities to tryout some top list wines like Cha.Lafitte(cant remember the vintage),Cha.La tour 86, Cha.Margaux 90,Es'Tournel,blah blah blah... Obviously those are better than AOC wines,but overall..i just dont feel the specials. Except Dom and Taitinger, those are absolutely fit my taste...
After all,i'd prefer beers and whisky. :)))

Sent from my Heart using Slap-a-talk

Eseips

5/4/16
I really like Red Wine from Spain. Dark coloured, pretty heavy. Priorat and Toro Wines are Fantastic.
For sure my favorite Wine is the Idus Val Lach, followed by the Embruix Val Lach. The best year i´ve ever had the pleasure to drink was the 2005. The 2010 is really good as well, worth a shot if you can get one. They rise in Value as well.
I once tried the Mas de la Rosa Val Lach, absolutely unbelievable but you pay for it. Up to you if you are willing to spend that much money on wine :)
An other quite good one is the Almirez from the Toro area. relly nice is the 2012. Very good wine for value.
I really like white wines as wel but i stick to local wines from the Mosel or the Rhein.

smallsmoker

Horology Curious
16/11/14
For those (few) who like their wine a littler sweeter (not necessarily dessert wines) I can recommend the Vouvray AC "Cuvée Clos de Vaux" Demi-Sec Vigneau Chevreau (~13€)

20100625151429_vouvdemixx.jpg

Reactions: uphoto

S.Corbeil

27/9/15
Just got back from the wine store, bought a few new-to-me bottles to expand my horizons! This part of the forum is very slow, unfortunately!

I wonder if they'd be some activity on a "post a photo of your cellar" type thread?

masher

2/10/12
You may be able to get this in "Amy" Majestic Winehouse, but 2012 Cillar de Silos Crianza is a lovely wine, around 15-17 quid a bottle.