• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cool story about a modder and why we should keep our eyes open

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
It must be a joke guys you don’t know who is him. He’s the uber famous brushed as gen man, better known as jonny deep.

Well unless you are into Rolexes and into modded watches, both of which I am not, you won't even know of him. Plus it would be better if the person who had the situation happen to him say it than those who didn't just make guesses (educated or otherwise) about who it is.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I don't understand the purpose OR the story..?

B

Allow me.

He sent a black ceramic sub to a famous Italian modder, along with the watch was a green insert, a green dial - from noob, and a hands set. The modder was to brush and polish the watch and swap the dial, insert and hand set the OP had supplied.

After 2 weeks of silence, he hears back from the modder who says the hands didn't fit, so he used the ones that were on the movement, he had also surreptitiously swapped out the dial for an inferior one, and when the owner/OP questioned what was going on, the famous Italian modder reacted badly and returned the watch to him dis-assembled.

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
But you paid also for the brushing or did the 225 eur only cover the movement service??

LarryZek

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/3/17
My pizzeria does this with toppings all the time.

connor86

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/13
Allow me.

He sent a black ceramic sub to a famous Italian modder, along with the watch was a green insert, a green dial - from noob, and a hands set. The modder was to brush and polish the watch and swap the dial, insert and hand set the OP had supplied.

After 2 weeks of silence, he hears back from the modder who says the hands didn't fit, so he used the ones that were on the movement, he had also surreptitiously swapped out the dial for an inferior one, and when the owner/OP questioned what was going on, the famous Italian modder reacted badly and returned the watch to him dis-assembled.
Correct.
Please notice, that it was me in person to ask him to leave movement and dial apart after i smelled something was wrong,
But he left the watch totally nude for unknown reasons.

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
I repeate, i’m not questioning about the 225 euros i paid for, i’m just telling he didn’t finish the work and sent me back everything in a moment for unknown reasons.
He just didn’t like i noticed the dial was different.

So basically you paid 225 Eu for a rebrushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Correct.
Please notice, that it was me in person to ask him to leave movement and dial apart after i smelled something was wrong,
But he left the watch totally nude for unknown reasons.

Then he should refund you part of the money if the scam euh I mean work wasn't finished.

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
Allow me. He sent a black ceramic sub to a famous Italian modder, along with the watch was a green insert, a green dial - from noob, and a hands set. The modder was to brush and polish the watch and swap the dial, insert and hand set the OP had supplied. After 2 weeks of silence, he hears back from the modder who says the hands didn't fit, so he used the ones that were on the movement, he had also surreptitiously swapped out the dial for an inferior one, and when the owner/OP questioned what was going on, the famous Italian modder reacted badly and returned the watch to him dis-assembled.

Thank you for the effort, my friend. Now I understand.

B

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
So basically you paid 225 Eu for a rebrushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not entirely no, he sent him a fully functioning assembled watch - now it's dismantled and can not technically be called a watch, as it's in pieces.

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
Should send it to one of the forum modders. @Johnny Depp should be able to fix this modder's mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.