• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cool story about a modder and why we should keep our eyes open

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor86

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/13
i’d like to share my story with you guys.
I recently went in contact with a well known guy over here, for an full rebrush/ service movement on my noob sa3135 v6s.
The watch was a black sub with green dial/bezel insert sent togheter with the watch and ready to be swapped in.
This is the dial i sent him:
B3F1E44E-B648-4EAF-A6CA-6F961C0DA06328965804f08e0828.jpg

By the way it’s the most correct dial from noob(maybe not the best in general, but that’s not the point).
Two weeks of silence. Absolutely no problem. “Write me on watsapp because i need to show you something”
“I had problem with the blistered handset you sent me(not for sa3135), so i cleaned the one which was originally on the black sub and than reinstalled it”
“Take a look”
9293B4AC-D310-4086-A3F1-9553B92BEFD13a4f3a0259fcb258.jpg

Wow, but wait, nothing wrong you guys notice? That’s not my dial. That’s the fantasy v6s dial.
So basically he contacted me to tell me about the handset... very cool.
“Your dial is not for sa3135, so i installed one of my dials, i’m not f****ing you”. But as a fact, he didn’t told me about the dial being different from mine. I’m not an average user by the way. And not a douchebag.
I smell a shady situation here. I tell him to finish the work on the watch and leave my dial apart so that i can install it from another member.
This means cleaning parts/install and press crystal/ install bezel and insert, and just leave the dial movement apart.
He goes crazy.
He send me a pacage ready to ship picture on watsapp.
I don’t like to have problems. I paid 225 euros and than have the watch back.
Here’s how the gentleman sent back my watch. Why a behave this rude?
Simple as that, i dare to notice something with my watch wasn’t right.
You’ll be the judge.
And please notice i NEVER questioned the amount of money he was asking for.
53F54440-2708-4AFD-B72B-A922858D2AF12178f06d514d9834.jpg

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
It’s not.
I requested him to leave dial/movement apart and he sent me back a dismounted watch.

Could it not have been misunderstood? Either way, is this not easier for the next person installing the parts, that everything is already taken apart?

Did you get your brushing at least?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
So how much did you pay and what was actually done? Was the movement protected for the return trip?

connor86

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/13
Could it not have been misunderstood? Either way, is this not easier for the next person installing the parts, that everything is already taken apart?

Did you get your brushing at least?
The watch wasn’t in good conditions before.
By the way it looks better than before but i requested him to give the caseback a better look but he didn’t even touch the case back. As you can see.

connor86

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/13
The watch wasn’t in good conditions before.
By the way it looks better than before but i requested him to give the caseback a better look but he didn’t even touch it. As you can see. And a lot of tiny hairlines also.

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
Can you pm me who the modder is. I’ll stay away from him. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

connor86

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/13
So how much did you pay and what was actually done? Was the movement protected for the return trip?

I repeate, i’m not questioning about the 225 euros i paid for, i’m just telling he didn’t finish the work and sent me back everything in a moment for unknown reasons.
He just didn’t like i noticed the dial was different.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Can you pm me who the modder is. I’ll stay away from him. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Why PM? Wouldn't it be better to have it out here? Rather than read about another cool story later on.

I repeate, i’m not questioning about the 225 euros i paid for, i’m just telling he didn’t finish the work and sent me back everything in a moment for unknown reasons.
He just didn’t like i noticed the dial was different.

Sounds very unprofessional and your last statement describes the modder as being very shady, as you described.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Bet I can guess who it is as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Why PM? Wouldn't it be better to have it out here? Rather than read about another cool story later on.

Sounds very unprofessional and your last statement describes the modder as being very shady, as you described.
Agreed. I've never understood why threads like this are started if the individual in question is not identified. What good does it do anybody?

connor86

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/13
It must be a joke guys you don’t know who is the man. He’s the uber famous brushed as gen man, better known as jonny deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.