• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Finding DateJust dials online.. Patience and persistence?

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Hey Guys.. I'm currently in the process of wanting to franken two watches.. One currently going is my seamster, and the other will be for the Mrs. Gold and Black date just I guess.. Unless I find another color I think she'd like!

So, how do you do it? On the bay right? All i've been getting for a couple weeks is some place that is selling "factory refurbished new dials on original rolex dial" whatever the hell that means..

This is what I keep finding.. this store. (sorry if links aren't allowed here :( ) http://www.ebay.com/usr/jktimepiece ..

So, I think this is where patience and persistence comes in right?

Now to decide between the clone movement on intime or the a2836.. Hmm..

junbug5150

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
24/12/14
eBay, VRM, TRF are some places I usually go. Or just ask [MENTION=59949]stonep[/MENTION] :lol:

Also clone movement is the same as a2836. I think you're deciding between a clone and an ETA 2836.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
eBay, VRM, TRF are some places I usually go. Or just ask [MENTION=59949]stonep[/MENTION] :lol:

Also clone movement is the same as a2836. I think you're deciding between a clone and an ETA 2836.

Thanks Junbug!

The clone 3135 is what I meant vs the a2836, is it takes gen dials and hands it says.. Figured easier then cutting the feet! But know nothing of the movement. Last thing I want is my lady saying "my watch stopped again!" Don't need complaints about that too [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

junbug5150

Supporter
24/12/14
Thanks Junbug!

The clone 3135 is what I meant vs the a2836, is it takes gen dials and hands it says.. Figured easier then cutting the feet! But know nothing of the movement. Last thing I want is my lady saying "my watch stopped again!" Don't need complaints about that too [emoji23][emoji23]

Ah, makes sense. Well I'd recommend a 2836 using Tudor hands as they're made for ETA 28XXs and I believe they're cheaper. In any event, best of luck! If you decide to go ETA check out these DWOs: https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...3-ETA-DWO-with-6-amp-9-open-for-Rolex-vintage

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I look on 7 different sites to find all my parts easy and fast

junbug5150

Supporter
24/12/14
I look on 7 different sites to find all my parts easy and fast

Share! ;)

62131897.jpg

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
U want me to spoon feed you like a baby?.it's pretty obvious what sites .your on one now.there are 4 other rep sites.ebay from diffent country's so that's over 10 different ebays.then you have chrono24.and you have rlx sales and many many other places but i cant tell u all my hook ups.I had to research everything my self no help from anyone.but I'm a nice guy so I've given u a few of my sources

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I would just as soon buy a rep dial as one of those alleged refinished Rolex dials. Not much of a difference other than the feet position. I believe them to be just aftermarket fake dials, and over priced.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Refinish dial is garbage indeed.some like them though

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
U want me to spoon feed you like a baby?.it's pretty obvious what sites .your on one now.there are 4 other rep sites.ebay from diffent country's so that's over 10 different ebays.then you have chrono24.and you have rlx sales and many many other places but i cant tell u all my hook ups.I had to research everything my self no help from anyone.but I'm a nice guy so I've given u a few of my sources

Thanks mate.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
I would just as soon buy a rep dial as one of those alleged refinished Rolex dials. Not much of a difference other than the feet position. I believe them to be just aftermarket fake dials, and over priced.

Thanks KBH. That's what I thought as well.. I figured it was a fluff way to say Fake.